[PREFAB] Seven Segment Display

• Game Admins

A few people were asking for some way of doing this so I’d thought I’d make a prefab for easier numeric placement and to show how hammer logic works. This works for any game or gamemode:

What is a prefab?
    A prefab (short for premade fabrication) allows a logical or objective combination of items to be placed as a group. Each placed prefab can have automatically assigned targetnames unique to each other group. They are saved as .VMF files just like a map is in the hammer SDK.

How do I place a prefab?

• Insert a prefab .vmf file into the \SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\bin\Prefabs directory (assuming you followed the correct setup).

• Open hammer.

• When selecting an entity to place, change the drop-down menu on the right labelled “Entities” to “Prefabs”, and any file in the above directory should be there.

• Place as you would any other entity.

Seven Segment Display Download Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6184504/NoXiousNet/prefabs/seven_segment_display.vmf

=>

Changing the value of the display.
    Each display has a single logic_case entity at the very top, send any value to that entity’s InValue input using another entity like math_counter. The scoreboard example was done by using the new OnGetRedScore/OnGetBlueScore outputs.

Editing the seven segment display.

• Scale or reshape the brushes to whatever you please using the usual methods. You may have to ungroup them first using ctrl+u.

• Changing the on/off effects can be done by selecting each of the 7 logic_cases (in front of each segement) and going into the Input/Output menu. Select all of the “On” or “Off” logic lines at the same time and change the colour (or the logic entirely).

• Game Admins

A few people were asking for some way of doing this so I’d thought I’d make a prefab for easier numeric placement and to show how hammer logic works. This works for any game or gamemode:

What is a prefab?
    A prefab (short for premade fabrication) allows a logical or objective combination of items to be placed as a group. Each placed prefab can have automatically assigned targetnames unique to each other group. They are saved as .VMF files just like a map is in the hammer SDK.

How do I place a prefab?

• Insert a prefab .vmf file into the \SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\bin\Prefabs directory (assuming you followed the correct setup).

• Open hammer.

• When selecting an entity to place, change the drop-down menu on the right labelled “Entities” to “Prefabs”, and any file in the above directory should be there.

• Place as you would any other entity.

Seven Segment Display Download Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6184504/NoXiousNet/prefabs/seven_segment_display.vmf

=>

Changing the value of the display.
    Each display has a single logic_case entity at the very top, send any value to that entity’s InValue input using another entity like math_counter. The scoreboard example was done by using the new OnGetRedScore/OnGetBlueScore outputs.

Editing the seven segment display.

• Scale or reshape the brushes to whatever you please using the usual methods. You may have to ungroup them first using ctrl+u.

• Changing the on/off effects can be done by selecting each of the 7 logic_cases (in front of each segement) and going into the Input/Output menu. Select all of the “On” or “Off” logic lines at the same time and change the colour (or the logic entirely).

• I should add this to a future update to eft_slamdunk.

• Game Admins

yes

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.