[ZS] Boss zombie opt-out

• An option in the F4 menu to prevent yourself from spawning as boss would be pretty nice for if you’re afk or if there are better players on, reconnecting at the last second is very inconvenient.

Additionally, there could be a notification 10 seconds prior to the boss selection telling which player will become the boss, as sometimes players are caught off-guard not knowing that they will be the boss.

• An option in the F4 menu to prevent yourself from spawning as boss would be pretty nice for if you’re afk or if there are better players on, reconnecting at the last second is very inconvenient.

Additionally, there could be a notification 10 seconds prior to the boss selection telling which player will become the boss, as sometimes players are caught off-guard not knowing that they will be the boss.

• Great ideas.

• There was meant to be an indication that tells who’s getting boss during wave intermission, but since Jetboom seems to be done with ZS it’s uncertain that Benjy will add this feature

• Game Admins

JetBoom still makes more commits than I do, but sure I can do this.

• Game Admins

• Administrators

Should make it so if you’re selected it says “You” in stead of your own name.

• Game Admins

It’s part of a translation string, didn’t want to have to create two for one function. It’s a red message if it’s you, a grey message for anyone else.

Edit: Did it anyway.

• Administrators

@Klondike:

Jetboom seems to be done with ZS

I’m distracted with working on my standalone game but I still make updates.

• @JetBoom:

I’m distracted with working on my standalone game but I still make updates.

Never heard of this until now, what’s it about?

• Administrators

A multiplayer-only game in unity with a persistent, fantasy world focused on pvp, griefing, and territory control rather than the typical pve, “survival”, and griefing. Classic player-run dedicated server architecture. Max of like 100 players per. Closest resemblance is maybe noxrpg? Using boltengine for networking has made it a lot easier to do things so I don’t have to fiddle fuck with photon or ulink. The art is mostly programmer art / ripped off for now since modeling and stuff is not my forte.

The base was ripped from my singleplayer game I did for a student project (no I don’t go to school for video games, it was an elective for an easy A). And the old posts here show a special movement system which works only in certain areas.
    http://above.average.website

Combat demo with unity shitpellets for players should be out soon as soon as I get the ability and casting system working (right now I’m just tying networked projectile creation to a key).

• Game Admins

@The:

Should make it so

Popular demand: Now you can shout at people to pick the boss you like most!

• Working great, thanks a bunch.

Any chance the message can display for living zombies so that they don’t have to suicide to see if they are the boss?

Either way, thanks for getting this done so quickly. It’s been needed for a while.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.