In the market for a new monitor

• Looking for a high refresh rate monitor with colors that won’t look like crap next to a PLS monitor.

• Looking for a high refresh rate monitor with colors that won’t look like crap next to a PLS monitor.

• IPS
    120hz

Pick one, IPS panels are common for not supporting very high frame rates

• I know that all 144hz monitors are tn, I’m asking which one has the best color.

• Benq XL24 series

Best value for money TN monitor in terms of colour. There’s actually two modes. One standard 144hz mode for good movement and decent colour and another mode (forced by third party program as it’s only really active when GFX card is in stereoscopic mode) that uses  the Nvidia lightboost feature to strobe the backlight… it makes the contrast horrible but allows the monitor to perform at near CRT levels.

Just have yourself an nvidia card.

Edit. Some PLS monitors are overclockable to 120hz, but I’ve never used one to be able to tell you whether it’s oft
    high response time makes this worth it over TN

• I’m looking at the monitors and the one’s I’m looking at are the xl2411z, xl2420z, and the 2430t. They all look the same.

• Same panel (edit, havent checked this for the latest 30T) but they vary with their features. Higher number = more features. Z is a reversion of T. Early 20Z models have minor firmware faults.

Least expensive feature differences (XL2411T)…
    No. HDMI / Display ports
    Quick Profile Switch buttons
    Blue light reduction
    Monitor Stand adjustments
    Better(?) OSD colour calibration
    Most expensive feature differences (XL2430T)…

I have the 11T. I only need 1 DVI.

• Going with the xl2420z, any objections?

• Only my 4th sentence. Major difference between 11z and 20z is a displayport.

• Still going with the 20z.

• buy an alien ware computer  8)

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.