[WIP] zs_generator [Updated OP 4/24/16]

• An (almost) basic survival map. In one of the “safe zones,” there will be a generator that can help you survive.

The generator will power a few nearby things, such as lights, cameras, an electric fence, and a rather large door. The generator can be refilled with the randomly spawning silver gascans that each fill up the generator to 90 seconds of power.

Gascans have a 20% chance to spawn in one of three locations with a total of nine gascans. One will always spawn in the basement with the generator. The gascans currently do not stack the power, so players should wait until the power runs out before refilling.

However, the generator room is not necessarily the safest. With a small entrance into the basement, it is difficult to get extra props from the outside world, so you are stuck with a fairly limited amount of props to cover a rather large entrance as well as having to worry about a secondary entrance from the rear where zombies can attack as crawlers.

This being the case, there are many other barricading locations, including a small building under construction, a fenced off area, and an office building with many rooms.

Going back to the “random” mechanic I use in this map, there are many spots for weapons and tools to spawn on the map. Some particular locations may spawn a peashooter, a revolver, a medical kit, or likely nothing at all. This hopefully encourages survivors to move around the map in the vain hope of searching for extra supplies to help survive a bit longer instead of trying to find the ultimate barricading hole.

• An (almost) basic survival map. In one of the “safe zones,” there will be a generator that can help you survive.

The generator will power a few nearby things, such as lights, cameras, an electric fence, and a rather large door. The generator can be refilled with the randomly spawning silver gascans that each fill up the generator to 90 seconds of power.

Gascans have a 20% chance to spawn in one of three locations with a total of nine gascans. One will always spawn in the basement with the generator. The gascans currently do not stack the power, so players should wait until the power runs out before refilling.

However, the generator room is not necessarily the safest. With a small entrance into the basement, it is difficult to get extra props from the outside world, so you are stuck with a fairly limited amount of props to cover a rather large entrance as well as having to worry about a secondary entrance from the rear where zombies can attack as crawlers.

This being the case, there are many other barricading locations, including a small building under construction, a fenced off area, and an office building with many rooms.

Going back to the “random” mechanic I use in this map, there are many spots for weapons and tools to spawn on the map. Some particular locations may spawn a peashooter, a revolver, a medical kit, or likely nothing at all. This hopefully encourages survivors to move around the map in the vain hope of searching for extra supplies to help survive a bit longer instead of trying to find the ultimate barricading hole.

• You might want to post when you have major updates and want opinions, other than the new tag, no one gets notified if you edit a post.

• @Benjy:

You might want to post when you have major updates and want opinions, other than the new tag, no one gets notified if you edit a post.

I know, I am not really looking for opinions just yet since there is not much to show off.
    That is why I just added the date in the OP

Opinions are still always welcome. :D

• Tiny bump to let people know this is still being worked on (after a seven month break). I updated the OP with some new screenshots of the progress.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.