[Suggestion] Manually Controlling Turrets

• Although manually controlling a turret can be useful, it is often times clunky and awkward to do so. Currently, while manually controlling a turret, you aim from the point of view of your character. This can be annoying when trying to aim at a zombie with the turret only to find out that it is out of it’s field of view. However, this issue could be better handled if the user controlling the turret could see from the perspective of the turret by seeing through a camera mounted on it. The advantage of being able to aim for your target properly through the use of the camera would be at the cost of your character becoming completely immobile, just like when controlling a manhack.

• Although manually controlling a turret can be useful, it is often times clunky and awkward to do so. Currently, while manually controlling a turret, you aim from the point of view of your character. This can be annoying when trying to aim at a zombie with the turret only to find out that it is out of it’s field of view. However, this issue could be better handled if the user controlling the turret could see from the perspective of the turret by seeing through a camera mounted on it. The advantage of being able to aim for your target properly through the use of the camera would be at the cost of your character becoming completely immobile, just like when controlling a manhack.

• I like this idea. Trying to manually control the current way is clunky IMO.

• This would definitely be an improvement over what there is now, also when manually controlling turrets it screws up your aim when aiming past a fence.

• I think this could be an improvement. When you’re aiming from your character your cursor sometimes passes over a wall or prop causing the turret to spaz while aiming.

• Might be a bit disorienting if the turret was placed on a wall or upside down, but otherwise its a good idea.

• This sounds interesting. Would it be controlled by mouse or wasd?

• Game Admins

Perhaps as a purchaseable addon or a craft, sure. It’s a little too much of an improvement to have without increasing the price of the turret as you’ll be depreciating the use of the remote.

• How about combine a turret with a manhack to create a camera turret since it would work similarly to the manhack’s camera. I think this would also make the camera turret not OP since it costs so much to make.

• The way I see it, sacrificing mobility for the advantage of perspective balances it out a little. It’d be really cool if there was some kind of static filter over the camera with a slight sound distortion to give the feel that you are controlling the turret through a rough security camera.

• @Humin:

This sounds interesting. Would it be controlled by mouse or wasd?

Definitely mouse.

• @YE:

Might be a bit disorienting if the turret was placed on a wall or upside down, but otherwise its a good idea.

It would probably be easier to just have the camera be oriented to the world.

• This is a better alternative to clunky laser pointer-style aiming mechanics, I like it.

@Benjy:

Perhaps as a purchaseable addon or a craft, sure. It’s a little too much of an improvement to have without increasing the price of the turret as you’ll be depreciating the use of the remote.

Convenience of use shouldn’t have to be purchased with worth/points. It would be redundant; nobody would take the turret without the camera.

• @Nyoom:

It would be redundant; nobody would take the turret without the camera.

Purchasing multiple turrets to add damage, even if it’s unreliable, to various windows is fairly common in higher-scoring games.  Not every turret requires precise manual aiming.

• having a turret that you can shoot while in the safety of being in the back room is a gatecrasher you’re not in danger st all

make it an item that is expensive and you can only control one at a time I don’t want to see fuckin zion against the sentinels fuck that film

• @God-King:

having a turret that you can shoot while in the safety of being in the back room is a gatecrasher you’re not in danger st all

make it an item that is expensive and you can only control one at a time I don’t want to see fuckin zion against the sentinels fuck that film

You can already control manhacks from the safety of a room and you don’t see any complaints. Currently, you still have to be within a certain range of your turret to control it so you can’t  be buried too far away, and you can actually only control one turret at a time anyway. You would still have to manage upkeep for your turret by repairing it and giving it ammo so it wouldn’t even be possible to just hide in a corner controlling the turret the entire time.

• The extra projectile per shot in manual mode makes up for the shitty aiming, it should be removed if aiming gets reworked.

• @DR.:

The extra projectile per shot in manual mode makes up for the shitty aiming, it should be removed if aiming gets reworked.

That was removed already, for good reason too, turrets in manual used to pour out stupid amounts of DPS.

• @StudMuffin:

You can already control manhacks from the safety of a room and you don’t see any complaints.

That’s because manhacks aren’t nearly as powerful as turrets.

• Getting a bit too into realism here, but I think it makes sense to have the manhack controlled by wasd since what your player is holding is essentially a controller and the next best thing to a joystick is wasd.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.