What were some of the games you played as a child (if any)?

• I just wanna see what games people have played before as a child for no particular reason except for just getting some knowledge on what people have played before in their lifetime.
    You can include games you’ve played a long time ago that weren’t with in your childhood if you can still remeber their names or what they were like.
    None the less, place whatever you feel like, be it bad, amazing, hilarious, or otherwise.
    “Have fun” posting!  :smile:

• I just wanna see what games people have played before as a child for no particular reason except for just getting some knowledge on what people have played before in their lifetime.
    You can include games you’ve played a long time ago that weren’t with in your childhood if you can still remeber their names or what they were like.
    None the less, place whatever you feel like, be it bad, amazing, hilarious, or otherwise.
    “Have fun” posting!  :smile:

• diablo 2 was my first multiplayer

• At 4-9:
    Duck hunt / Super Mario Bros
    Shadow of the Beast
    Sonic 1-3
    Wolfenstein 3D
    Space Harrier II
    Pokemon Blue

At I’m old enough now Mum please can I play this:
    DOOM
    Quake

Half-life / Counterstrike

I have many more,  but these are the ones I remember most / most proud in playing / most important to me / I can be bothered to list.

Also:

• Tip the can and hide an seek mostly.

I still have most of the games I had for my PlayStation. I didn’t really get into PC games until I was in my mid teens.

• Spyro, Quake 2, Freelancer, TimeSplitters, Age of Mythology, Doom, Advance Wars, Unreal Tournament; that’s a brief list of what I played before I was 11 years old or so

i miss my PS2

• i miss the variety

also listed in the order of discovery

might as well call this a nostalgia thread

• and eventually

all day everyday

• I didn’t grow up with a console in the house, but one my friends father was a huge Nintendo fan and had all kinds of Nintendo consoles.

The first game I ever played was

And two of my all time multiplayer favorites:

• On the old DOS PC my parents had I remember always playing Dangerous Dave and some variant of Arkanoid.

I was pretty young for NES but I do remember playing Mario 1-3/Duck Hunt and a few Megaman games before my mom gave my NES away since I got a SNES for my birthday.

All the SNES gold - Super Mario, Megaman X 1-3, Donkey Kong 1-3, Chrono Trigger, A Link to the Past, the Mortal Kombat games(I liked Ultimate MK3 best), Killer Instinct, Mario RPG, and of course Earthbound, among others.

For 64 - Mario 64, Mario Kart, Golden Eye, the Zelda games, Mario Party games, 1080 Snowboarding, NFL Blitz, Donkey Kong 64 and probably several more.

Had a Dreamcast which I only really remember playing Sonic on mostly.

Around that time I got a new PC as well and started playing Half-Life, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Starcraft.

When Xbox/PS2 came out I was turning 13 so I guess it ends there.

• Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark. I once had a world record on Carrington Villa. It was broken like 2 days later.
    I was unstoppable as Noon Saibot in UMK3 for the SNES.
    My first multiplayer game was Nightfire at like 20fps.

• It’s Noob Saibot you noob.

• DOOM, Quake, Zelda, Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Halo, D&D:WOTES, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Sanic, Half Life, Timesplitters, Alien Trilogy.
    Halo and Half Life 2 are pretty much the reason I started playing pc games

• N64 and Mario 64 was my fist experience with gaming and the N64 was brand new at the time so I never really got playing anything older till later when my neighbor got a Megadrive off his uncle.

So some off the top of my head (too lazy for pictures):

Mario 64
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask
    Goldeneye
    Rayman 2
    Spyro
    Crash Bandicoot
    Mario Kart 64
    Perfect Dark
    Mickey’s Speedway USA (interested to know if anyone else played this)
    Hercules on PS1
    Oddworld games
    WWF No Mercy

Loads of Gamecube, PS2, Xbox games I’ll maybe edit into this post later.

Proper PC gaming came pretty late for me but I do remember playing some of the kids PC games like Adi and Adiboo (god I hope someone else has played these and it wasn’t just me lol)
    I also got playing the Incredible Machine series and would love to play that again.

• @PureJeenyus:

On the old DOS PC my parents had I remember always playing Dangerous Dave and some variant of Arkanoid.

yes yes ddangerous dave was amazing, and it’s probably Dx-Ball? the game was incredible

• Dx-Ball seems too new, this was probably 1994.

• DX Ball was around 95 I think maybe earlier. Shit was dope. Also… what about Fury3?

Goddamn Sebek Theme

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tkDyRwd4WXU

• Aquanoid then?

• I honestly didn’t think this post would get too far.  :smile:

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.