Pukepus' Max HP

• I think the Pukepus has way, way too much HP for what it is capable of. Forcing survivors away from repairing, exceptionally long ranged attack, most HP compared to other bosses; anything less than an ultra-procade with tiny slots for shooting or a solid-wall-shitcade is bound to fall (not counting backups) while anyone foolish enough to stay closer than 30 meters without cover is bound to lose 10-30% of their health, if not more. I feel that 2,000, or maybe 1,750 at the least, is much more fair to survivors.

• I think the Pukepus has way, way too much HP for what it is capable of. Forcing survivors away from repairing, exceptionally long ranged attack, most HP compared to other bosses; anything less than an ultra-procade with tiny slots for shooting or a solid-wall-shitcade is bound to fall (not counting backups) while anyone foolish enough to stay closer than 30 meters without cover is bound to lose 10-30% of their health, if not more. I feel that 2,000, or maybe 1,750 at the least, is much more fair to survivors.

• He’s almost impossible to miss.

The amount of health he has is fine.  It’s very difficult for puke to press himself against a barricade for very long at all, even on wave 2.

• @Nukkun:

He’s almost impossible to miss.

The amount of health he has is fine.  It’s very difficult for puke to press himself against a barricade for very long at all, even on wave 2.

Well, sure, any boss that presses themself on a barricade will not last long, but I rarely encounter an incompetent non-Nightmare boss (since a person that knows how to play knows how to change bosses to something useful). Puke, walk to cover, move out, puke. You normally lose no more than 200, if even 150, during that time. The almost-overwhelming capabilities of the Pukepus are OP with that much HP.

• Puke Pus is the worst zs boss, it’s slow, gets stuck all the time and is a massive target.
    It’s only useful when humans are cading areas with metal fences like asylum reborn.

• @DR.:

Puke Pus is the worst zs boss, it’s slow, gets stuck all the time and is a massive target.
    It’s only useful when humans are cading areas with metal fences like asylum reborn.

This is what you really think?

In my opinion, Pukepus is the single most effective barricade boss. Speed hardly means a thing when you are fighting a group of humans who are not running from you. Granted, he is a massive target and relatively easy to hit, but he is just as easy able to hide from damage in nearly every map I have played.

As long as the barricade is not a shitcade wall-of-props or not a super procade with tiny shooting holes, survivors are not allowed to get close enough to repair on the grounds that Pukepus will melt them with vomit.

• Pukey dies stupidly fast.

• @Zombie:

Puke, walk to cover, move out, puke. You normally lose no more than 200, if even 150, during that time. The almost-overwhelming capabilities of the Pukepus are OP with that much HP.

You lose like 500 health if you do that. You should never go to the main cade with pukepus, you’ll just die really fast.

• I see it used mostly for attacking barricades that have a fence which puke can pass straight through, which actually often works as it catches the 1-2 humans who don’t account for this. I feel it’s very niche based and it definitely needs its current amount of HP.

• If anything he needs a buff.

• I’ve only used pukepuss to damage cades from a distance, even on maps where the humans cade behind a fence he it still dies incredibly fast.

• Pukepus isn’t meant for damaging cades, it’s why you’re not supposed to go for main cades with it.

• @Humin:

Pukepus isn’t meant for damaging cades, it’s why you’re not supposed to go for main cades with it.

Of course he is not meant for damaging barricades. He is great for keeping survivors away from repairing the barricade with his threatening puke. That or vomiting straight through the gaps meant for shooting through and scaring the survivors off to their safe point, which happens to be too far from repairing the front. This teamed up with one or two zombies attacking the barricade and it goes down quick as hell.

The server you all seem to play on is full of some badass and skilled players if this is what you really think of Pukepus. Three different medium sized servers and he was the biggest threat against any procade I have seen.

• you talk as if its noxiousnet’s problem that other servers that host zs are bad at surviving.

• @Thor:

you talk as if its noxiousnet’s problem that other servers that host zs are bad at surviving.

A blunt way to put it, but this is pretty much it. I suppose the only way around it is for server host’s to change the bosses’ health appropriately based on their opinions. I have very little experience with the Noxious server and its players, so I have no idea how many regulars on that server are exceptionally good at what they do, but in the few other ZS servers I have joined, most players were… bad. Pukepus was always a scary boss to have to fight against my barricades and my barricades are one of the best compared to those I have seen, if I do say so myself.

Ffs, I only have two other players that I know that I can rely on to build a good barricade if I am not doing it.

• @Zombie:

A blunt way to put it, but this is pretty much it. I suppose the only way around it is for server host’s to change the bosses’ health appropriately based on their opinions. I have very little experience with the Noxious server and its players, so I have no idea how many regulars on that server are exceptionally good at what they do, but in the few other ZS servers I have joined, most players were… bad. Pukepus was always a scary boss to have to fight against my barricades and my barricades are one of the best compared to those I have seen, if I do say so myself.

Ffs, I only have two other players that I know that I can rely on to build a good barricade if I am not doing it.

you severely over-estimate your average gmod player’s age/cognitive abilities.

• @Zombie:

so make this thread on their forums and stop telling us something we already know.

• @Thor:

so make this thread on their forums and stop telling us something we already know.

Like I said, I have no idea what kind of players are regular on the Noxious server. I assumed they were similar to the few others that I have visited.

@LoneSoldier55:

you severely over-estimate your average gmod player’s age/cognitive abilities.

Evidently.

• Most of our players are tryhards who have the best options in each gun tier memorized, and more then a few are “Source masters” who abuse things like collision models being 0.0002% too wide. It’s not uncommon to see a player with the normal gmod playerbase skill level joining and being yelled at for doing task X when task Y is better, or people demanding a rubber hammer when someone uses more then 2 props on one entrance.

• Here at NxN we melee the Pukepuss for fun.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.