What are you good at?

• Do you play the piano? Any musical instrument?
    Do you make music, models or are you a photographer?
    Do you script or make video games?

What are your creative skills?

Tell us about it.

• Do you play the piano? Any musical instrument?
    Do you make music, models or are you a photographer?
    Do you script or make video games?

What are your creative skills?

Tell us about it.

• I was a nationally ranked archer a few years ago; I dropped a bit when I had to start shooting sat down but I’m slowly getting back to the same standard.

Creatively I’m good at programming for test and measurement applications; I have developed a number of programs with GUIs used by many engineering companies in C, C# and LabVIEW and I have done this for a bit in my spare time.

I made my avatar about 6 years ago.

• oh boy

I love drumming. I’ve been told by most people that I really need to join a band because I’m superb, but everyone in my town’s either looking for classic rock (boring) or some stupid screamo shit.

I can run 5 miles and am working my way up to a marathon (can probably run more but had to stop recently due to spraining my wrist and ankle.)

I learn most things science-related relatively easy and will be doing something in the field of biology in the future most likely.

I’d like to think my vidya skills are 1337 but ever since I got a new mouse and keyboard I’ve regressed quite a bit.

• I write.  I write short stories and have been working on several novels over the past 4 years.  Two of them are still in the early stages of quick chapters and the overall theme drawing of how I want people to feel throughout the story as a bit of atmosphere.

I design levels.  My main expenditure of time on my computer is working with Source SDK to practice in the various concepts of how a level should be played and what players should feel rather than how to use the tools or just make it look pretty.  With the latest Halo release, I’ve spent a majority of my time working with forge to plan out maps I might someday toy around with in Source.  Graphical asymmetry is the best kind of asymmetrical game-play in my mind.  It differentiates teams with various visual ques, but allows them to explore the level and become acclimated to it within the safe confines of their team’s side.

Edit:  I’m really good at coming up with outlandish ideas and not implementing them to fix my BMW’s shitty cooling issues that the company doesn’t seem to address.

• I play guitar.  I like playing most genres from blues, to 80’s, to technical stuff like Fall of Troy.

I also enjoy programming useless things.

• I can play the piano really shitty and sometimes I take this to messing around with a DAW making shitty electronic music. I don’t get serious with it and I don’t want to.

I’m a pretty decent programmer, both as part of my own individual interests into scripting for games and for my degree at university.

• I can write my name backwards and forwards at the same time

also I draw stuff

• I am a good photographer, colourist and video editor. I’ve stopped that now I took up a full time job as a graphic designer (I’m currently learning Cinema4D), but I do offer advice and some services to independents.

I keep meaning to learn how to play the piano, more than just being able memorise tunes and slowly replaying it through trial and error. Video games interrupt free time to focus on this. As for video games… i’m probably the best here at super hexagon.

• I’m good at babysitting.

• Drinking. Snowboarding. I can drop a mad beatbox too yo, that Rahzel sing while you beat shit.

• I used to play chess a lot with father, along with the occasional bit of carpentry with him.

I recall him owning a scoped .22 rifle to hunt rabbits in the house I grew up in, out in the sticks, he would shoot them from the top floor window, and we would have one of those child sized electric cars I would drive around in and circle giant ants nests with them, the ones taller than people.

now i pick up weights and do boxing/sparring, lead a much more physical life than i did about a year and a half ago, and all the better for it. take care of your body, you need it for a long time

• I do a lot of Economic research for my classes, basic stuff like supply & demand, elasticity, marginal rate of substitution, and utility analysis is easy, and i think only econometric is where I get a challenge so I guess i’m good at it overall.
    What i can conclude is that ultimately no one knows everything and or anything about any market without some research but it’s the brain dead idiots who do the voting blindly and a small % who are educated and either don’t vote or only do so much to change policy.

Oh and I’m really good at being a raging drunk hockey fan when time permits, flying dog in one hand, projectile in the other.

• I instruct on the 60mm Vektor Mortar at work. With a decent crew as DC I can have the weapon prepped with charge, elevation and bearings in less than 5 seconds with out of action taking around half that time. I also fire the FN Mag competitively in yearly competitions.

I can also teach History and Geography in secondary schools.

I played the piano as a kid but was never very good at it, I still dabble occasionally mostly at a local bar when it’s quiet to impress women, it’s had limited success though haha.

• I’m pretty damn good at acting apparently, I was accepted to some of the best acting schools in the country (Pace, NYU, Carnegie-Mellon, SUNY Purchase, & some). It’s mostly cause I have the drive to work at it, as opposed to ‘innate’ skill like I think some people have. I could easily go to something more stable and simple in terms of maintaining a career/job, but that’s way too average a life than I want to have.

I’m also pretty alright at fencing (épée). It’s a fun sport, but it’s mostly legs and heart. Builds a lot of endurance too.

I wish I was better at more practical skills sometimes though, like some of you all, programming and carpentry and whatnot. Since I’ve been at uni I’ve been doing a lot more physical stuff though, I’m working out actually. I’m no longer a hungry skeleton  8)

• I’m pretty alright at programming. We made a mobile video game called Size DOES Matter that we won a bafta for.
    I played piano when I was a kid, but I want to get into it again.

I make shitty low effort videos.

I’m a certified garry’s mod comic king.

• I make art, mostly real life drawings (flowers, bones, scenery?). It’s pretty alright. I did this some time around October.

http://i.imgur.com/EWwEdRm.jpg

The picture was kinda large so have a link.

• @AtomiC:

I’m a certified garry’s mod comic king.

nothing unless u posted on phwonline

@butt:

draw cartoons

• I have the greatest skill ever: Focus.

My five year reunion is going to be sad.

• @butt:

I make art, mostly real life drawings (flowers, bones, scenery?). It’s pretty alright. I did this some time around October.

The picture was kinda large so have a link.

Now I wish I had the motivation again to intensively study art and not be a beginner. Do you have a sketchbook or something to post?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.