New gaming rig

• How would you guys rate this, and what can be improved, already got power supply same budget range. Also I live in canada.

Thanks

• How would you guys rate this, and what can be improved, already got power supply same budget range. Also I live in canada.

Thanks

• Overclocking is overrated. Get the cheapest 980 and the cheapest  Haswell i7 and the cheapest 8gb memory. Are you using all of the features of that motherboard? Seems a bit pricey.

• Game Admins

Where’s the power supply?

• Administrators

2/10 it has a SSD

• Replace the SSD and the 980 if you don’t want to be laughed for wasting your money

• the 980 is only 10% faster than the 970.
    Go with 8gb ram modules. You won’t need anything faster than ddr3 1600.

• I was considering a 970 setup but I can only find ones with 3gb of Vram. The problem is that my friend wants to run Shadow of mordor on ultra (lol), apparently it needs lots of vram for ultra textures. The ram was only like 5 bucks more than the 1600 so i figured a little extra might be worth it in the long run. I do plan on a little overclocking in the future (a year or two from now)

I may have to try and convince my friend that an additional 1gb really isn’t worth it and an overclocked 970 can pretty much offer the same performance.

My friend also wants a solid state drive, I chose the cheapest one on sale for 200gb. Personally I would be happy with a hard drive.

What’s wrong with SSDs?

Thanks again for the feedback!

• Shadow of Mordor requires 6gb vram for ultra textures. Get the 8gb 970 when it comes out.

@Black:

I may have to try and convince my friend that an additional 1gb really isn’t worth it and an overclocked 570 can pretty much offer the same performance.

lol

• Administrators

@Black:

What’s wrong with SSDs?

Nothing, I gave you 1 point for having it.

• What res screen do you have and what is it’s refresh refresh rate?

• noxiousnet tech support is award winning I tell you son I got my build from benjy boy and the z helped me lego it

thanks

• Why do you want haswell over ivy bridge or an i7 at all? Why do you need a z87? Why do you need an ssd?

Justify those questions, if you cant, then you could save a few bones. Also research better vid card manufacturers. And if a product says GAyMan! anywhere in the product name, its prolly a ripoff. Research.

• If you want to play shadow of mordor right now at its highest settings, your choices are the titans, the 8gb 290x, the 6gb 780 or wait for the 8gb variants of the 980 and 970.
    @Rover:

Why do you want haswell over ivy bridge or an i7 at all? Why do you need a z87? Why do you need an ssd?

Justify those questions, if you cant, then you could save a few bones. Also research better vid card manufacturers. And if a product says GAyMan! anywhere in the product name, its prolly a ripoff. Research.

There’s no reason to go for an ivy bridge over a devil’s canyon unless there’s a good deal on them. However, choosing between an i5 and an i7 is something you should consider. If you’re not going to do anything more serious than gaming, then get the i5 4690k. If you want to do content creation, the i7 4790k is a good choice.
    The devil’s canyon cpus come with the avx 2.0 instruction set and I think you need the z97 chipset to take full advantage of it.
    SSDs are at a good point right now. It’s a good idea to go with a 128/256GB ssd as your OS drive and an HDD with a few TBs to put your games on. With my SSD, it takes a longer to post than it does for the OS to boot. Just know that the samsung 840 evos have a problem that’ll need a firmware update on the drive to fix if you are thinking about getting an 840 evo.
    With the video cards, don’t go with zotac. Go with sapphire for amd and evga for nvidia. Asus, gigabyte, and I think MSI are also good.
    I’ve never heard of this GAyMan! before.

• Manga!! Gaaymen! Girugamesh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5lz2CYNR4

• eghghgugeugheughegheghu

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.