[UPDATE] zs_obj_test_facility_v6_2

• Kind of a sequel to my previous map (zs_test_facility), this map will feature different and fairly unique objectives for each wave (For Science!).
    Similar to my previous map, there will be voice acting (by a friend instead of myself this time).
    –Voice acting will add to the awesomeness of the map. :D
    Five beta stages of the map, all major errors and exploits should be gone.

The setup for the waves goes like this:

Wave 1- Basic barricading exercise
    Wave 2- Defend breakable scaffoldings
    Wave 3- Push a cart to expose a button that opens an escape route (while under pressure of fire appearing and zombies (For Science!))
    Wave 4- Find a key randomly placed in one of twelve rooms while fires randomly sprout in the hallways to move on
    Wave 5- Survive in a flooding building (yay, a return)
    Wave 6- A short escape where all zombies are bosses

Screenshots of the various zones.
    Stage 1 section
    Stage 2 overview
    Stage 2 (squishhh!)
    Stage 2 (zombies won!)
    Stage 3 cart hallway
    Pre-Stage 4 Intermission room
    Stage 4 start
    Stage 5 rooftop
    Stage 6 primary area

Map download

Make sure to use the most updated version of ZS (Github) on your server or this map may not work properly!

CHANGELOG:
    V1

• Initial Release

V2

• Changed timer when moving on ~ Stage 1
    • Zombie spawn doors no longer crush blocking players (prevents OP spawn camping) ~ Stage 2
    • Added playerclip to scaffoldings, players will not fall through the cracks anymore ~ Stage 2
    • Added hints to button “Push Me!” ~ Stage 3
    • Added vent door to escape entrance (push button to break) ~ Stage 3
    • Made it easier to climb into the vent ~ Stage 4
    • Added another hint for escaping “This Is Your Escape!” (because it was not obvious enough yet) ~ Stage 4
    • Added 35 extra seconds to barricade before zombies arrive ~ Stage 5
    • Moved ladder to roof ~ Stage 5
    • Second floor windows open a little later ~ Stage 5
    • Made it slightly easier for sabotaging zombies to exit display cases ~ Stage 6

V3

• Made grate breakable when doors open (instead of when survivors move on) ~ Stage 1
    • Added hint to escape door “This will close 30 seconds before the wave end” ~ Stage 2
    • Added an Arsenal Crate + Resupply Crate + Nails in the gunroom ~ Stage 3
    • Fixed getting stuck on the cart when it turns ~ Stage 3
    • Fixed side of a door being invisible ~ Stage 4
    • Made it even slightly easier to climb the ladder into the vent ~ Stage 4
    • TV now works. ;) ~ Stage 5
    • Changed hints on breakable rooftop doors “Zombies can break this!” ~ Stage 5
    • Prevented being able to get into the tester room without ladders ~ Stage 6
    • Map size smaller by 10 MB
    • Some optimization I tried… heh…

V3_1

• Actual optimization
    • Fixed arsenal crate not spawning in the gunroom ~ Stage 3
    • Fixed being able to get past the objective cart ~ Stage 3

V4

• Back hallway opens for zombies sooner ~ Stage 1
    • Added safety push to prevent players getting squished by center door ~ Stage 1 Intermission
    • Added hints “Break the Legs!” for zombies ~ Stage 2
    • Added trigger_hurt to arsenal + resupply platforms (to prevent exploit) ~ Stage 2
    • Added prop clip around zombie spawns (to prevent OP spawncading) ~ Stage 2
    • Made guns have three pickups each ~ Stage 3
    • Added gunroom door (after button pushed) ~ Stage 3
    • Removed two health stations ~ Stage 3 Intermission
    • Changed T1 guns to T2/3 ~ Stage 4
    • Separated escape hints a bit more ~ Stage 4
    • Changed timing for events ~ Stage 5
    • Rooftop door opens only half way (to make barricading less of an insane rush) ~ Stage 5
    • Made ladder to rooftop easier to climb ~ Stage 5
    • Improved lighting on rooftop ~ Stage 5
    • Fixed hints for special guns not disappearing after pushing their button ~ Stage 6
    • Made sabotage teleporters enable after window closes ~ Stage 6
    • Made door openable after window closes ~ Stage 6
    • Added subtitles!
    • Some subtle changes to various messages throughout

V5

• Fixed various event timings ~ post/pre-round events
    • Replaced metal shelf props with kitchen shelf props ~ Stage 1
    • Weakened breakable grate to safe room ~ Stage 1
    • Prevented late-zombies from attacking humans before the stage officially begins ~ Stage 2
    • Prevented multiple button pushes for escape button ~ Stage 3
    • Adjusted when fire begins to first burn ~ Stage 3
    • Adjusted warning strip size at roof to better warn of danger area ~ Stage 5
    • Fixed lighting to caged room ~ Stage 5
    • Disabled multiple button presses for tester room ~ Stage 6
    • Adjusted ambush zombie teleport ~ Stage 6

V5_1

• Fixed door opening too soon ~ Stage 2
    • Made “confirmation” sounds little louder ~ Stage 4
    • Made it a little easier to tell if the door is unlocked yet ~ Stage 4

V6

• Major balance changes (in favor of zombies)
    • No longer able to barricade zombie spawn effectively (even with junk pack) ~ Stage 1
    • Able to bring items from center and around without being prop blocked ~ Stage 1
    • Added message to notify zombies that bosses are spawning ~ Stage 1
    • Added zombie gas in front-facing zombie spawn ~ Stage 1
    • Legs have been weakened slightly ~ Stage 2
    • Wall lights are non-solid ~ Stage 2
    • Zombie doors automatically open when it is time (instead of staying closed and blah) ~ Stage 2
    • Allowed normal zombies ~ Stage 2
    • Added weak trigger hurt for zombies during intermission ~ Stage 2
    • Disallowed barricading zombie spawn ~ Stage 3
    • Weakened shutoff doors after button pressed ~ Stage 3
    • Allowed normal zombies ~ Stage 3
    • Made it easier to climb over separating fence ~ Stage 3
    • Fixed water glitching out view ~ Pre-Stage 4
    • Added zombie boss spawn ~ Stage 5
    • Removed climbing part of ladder (you can still swim up) ~ Stage 5 Roof
    • Fixed hint staying after destroying pipe ~ Stage 6
    • Made glass slightly weaker for ambushing zombies ~ Stage 6
    • Added extra measure to ensure zombies become bosses ~ Stage 6
    • Made easy ladder spawn in random location as well ~ Stage 6

V6_2

• Fixed VA files not playing.

• Kind of a sequel to my previous map (zs_test_facility), this map will feature different and fairly unique objectives for each wave (For Science!).
    Similar to my previous map, there will be voice acting (by a friend instead of myself this time).
    –Voice acting will add to the awesomeness of the map. :D
    Five beta stages of the map, all major errors and exploits should be gone.

The setup for the waves goes like this:

Wave 1- Basic barricading exercise
    Wave 2- Defend breakable scaffoldings
    Wave 3- Push a cart to expose a button that opens an escape route (while under pressure of fire appearing and zombies (For Science!))
    Wave 4- Find a key randomly placed in one of twelve rooms while fires randomly sprout in the hallways to move on
    Wave 5- Survive in a flooding building (yay, a return)
    Wave 6- A short escape where all zombies are bosses

Screenshots of the various zones.
    Stage 1 section
    Stage 2 overview
    Stage 2 (squishhh!)
    Stage 2 (zombies won!)
    Stage 3 cart hallway
    Pre-Stage 4 Intermission room
    Stage 4 start
    Stage 5 rooftop
    Stage 6 primary area

Map download

Make sure to use the most updated version of ZS (Github) on your server or this map may not work properly!

CHANGELOG:
    V1

• Initial Release

V2

• Changed timer when moving on ~ Stage 1
    • Zombie spawn doors no longer crush blocking players (prevents OP spawn camping) ~ Stage 2
    • Added playerclip to scaffoldings, players will not fall through the cracks anymore ~ Stage 2
    • Added hints to button “Push Me!” ~ Stage 3
    • Added vent door to escape entrance (push button to break) ~ Stage 3
    • Made it easier to climb into the vent ~ Stage 4
    • Added another hint for escaping “This Is Your Escape!” (because it was not obvious enough yet) ~ Stage 4
    • Added 35 extra seconds to barricade before zombies arrive ~ Stage 5
    • Moved ladder to roof ~ Stage 5
    • Second floor windows open a little later ~ Stage 5
    • Made it slightly easier for sabotaging zombies to exit display cases ~ Stage 6

V3

• Made grate breakable when doors open (instead of when survivors move on) ~ Stage 1
    • Added hint to escape door “This will close 30 seconds before the wave end” ~ Stage 2
    • Added an Arsenal Crate + Resupply Crate + Nails in the gunroom ~ Stage 3
    • Fixed getting stuck on the cart when it turns ~ Stage 3
    • Fixed side of a door being invisible ~ Stage 4
    • Made it even slightly easier to climb the ladder into the vent ~ Stage 4
    • TV now works. ;) ~ Stage 5
    • Changed hints on breakable rooftop doors “Zombies can break this!” ~ Stage 5
    • Prevented being able to get into the tester room without ladders ~ Stage 6
    • Map size smaller by 10 MB
    • Some optimization I tried… heh…

V3_1

• Actual optimization
    • Fixed arsenal crate not spawning in the gunroom ~ Stage 3
    • Fixed being able to get past the objective cart ~ Stage 3

V4

• Back hallway opens for zombies sooner ~ Stage 1
    • Added safety push to prevent players getting squished by center door ~ Stage 1 Intermission
    • Added hints “Break the Legs!” for zombies ~ Stage 2
    • Added trigger_hurt to arsenal + resupply platforms (to prevent exploit) ~ Stage 2
    • Added prop clip around zombie spawns (to prevent OP spawncading) ~ Stage 2
    • Made guns have three pickups each ~ Stage 3
    • Added gunroom door (after button pushed) ~ Stage 3
    • Removed two health stations ~ Stage 3 Intermission
    • Changed T1 guns to T2/3 ~ Stage 4
    • Separated escape hints a bit more ~ Stage 4
    • Changed timing for events ~ Stage 5
    • Rooftop door opens only half way (to make barricading less of an insane rush) ~ Stage 5
    • Made ladder to rooftop easier to climb ~ Stage 5
    • Improved lighting on rooftop ~ Stage 5
    • Fixed hints for special guns not disappearing after pushing their button ~ Stage 6
    • Made sabotage teleporters enable after window closes ~ Stage 6
    • Made door openable after window closes ~ Stage 6
    • Added subtitles!
    • Some subtle changes to various messages throughout

V5

• Fixed various event timings ~ post/pre-round events
    • Replaced metal shelf props with kitchen shelf props ~ Stage 1
    • Weakened breakable grate to safe room ~ Stage 1
    • Prevented late-zombies from attacking humans before the stage officially begins ~ Stage 2
    • Prevented multiple button pushes for escape button ~ Stage 3
    • Adjusted when fire begins to first burn ~ Stage 3
    • Adjusted warning strip size at roof to better warn of danger area ~ Stage 5
    • Fixed lighting to caged room ~ Stage 5
    • Disabled multiple button presses for tester room ~ Stage 6
    • Adjusted ambush zombie teleport ~ Stage 6

V5_1

• Fixed door opening too soon ~ Stage 2
    • Made “confirmation” sounds little louder ~ Stage 4
    • Made it a little easier to tell if the door is unlocked yet ~ Stage 4

V6

• Major balance changes (in favor of zombies)
    • No longer able to barricade zombie spawn effectively (even with junk pack) ~ Stage 1
    • Able to bring items from center and around without being prop blocked ~ Stage 1
    • Added message to notify zombies that bosses are spawning ~ Stage 1
    • Added zombie gas in front-facing zombie spawn ~ Stage 1
    • Legs have been weakened slightly ~ Stage 2
    • Wall lights are non-solid ~ Stage 2
    • Zombie doors automatically open when it is time (instead of staying closed and blah) ~ Stage 2
    • Allowed normal zombies ~ Stage 2
    • Added weak trigger hurt for zombies during intermission ~ Stage 2
    • Disallowed barricading zombie spawn ~ Stage 3
    • Weakened shutoff doors after button pressed ~ Stage 3
    • Allowed normal zombies ~ Stage 3
    • Made it easier to climb over separating fence ~ Stage 3
    • Fixed water glitching out view ~ Pre-Stage 4
    • Added zombie boss spawn ~ Stage 5
    • Removed climbing part of ladder (you can still swim up) ~ Stage 5 Roof
    • Fixed hint staying after destroying pipe ~ Stage 6
    • Made glass slightly weaker for ambushing zombies ~ Stage 6
    • Added extra measure to ensure zombies become bosses ~ Stage 6
    • Made easy ladder spawn in random location as well ~ Stage 6

V6_2

• Fixed VA files not playing.

• Version 1 release to the public!
    :D

• I’ll have a play through this later, from first impressions I should say that the voice dialog is extremely difficult to understand especially with multiple people, making it unclear what is going on.

Also FYI:
    Set the wavetime to -1 to disable the timer, instead of adding a massive timer.
    You should include logic to stop multiple voice dialogs from occuring at the same time. e.g. Everyone dieing just before the next stage.

• @Benjy:

I’ll have a play through this later, from first impressions I should say that the voice dialog is extremely difficult to understand especially with multiple people, making it unclear what is going on.

Also FYI:
    Set the wavetime to -1 to disable the timer, instead of adding a massive timer.
    You should include logic to stop multiple voice dialogs from occuring at the same time. e.g. Everyone dieing just before the next stage.

I cannot imagine there is a better way to really force everyone to shut up listen to the voice, sadly. That is why I still included hints and messages for the humans so they know what to do. The voice was more of a cool side-thing, in my opinion.

Does that actually work? In my experience, once a long time ago, -1 ended up instantly ending the wave. I may have simply made a mistake back then. Will look into this and update soon if necessary.
    Works. Will add this to the next version.

I do not see where this would actually be useful except on servers where the setup time is less than 10 seconds, really.

• Setwaveend should be used rather, in this case the timer line disappears entirely.

• Updated to V2! :D

• Added this now, I would like people’s opinions of it.

• Cool unique obj map. You should supply players with arsenal crates and hammers though.

• @Pufulet:

Cool unique obj map. You should supply players with arsenal crates and hammers though.

I was considering arsenal crates + resupply crates in the gun room at stage 3, but was unsure.

I will decide before posting the next update.

As for hammers, I did leave a nice hint right at the start telling the survivors that there should be at least one barricader. I assume that more than one will get a hammer at least, but then again. Gmod.

Perhaps I will leave a hammer in the gun room at stage 3, too…

• I had a hammer but there is a lot of props to be nailed. Add one in every intermission room.

• @Pufulet:

I had a hammer but there is a lot of props to be nailed. Add one in every intermission room.

Oh?

With the barricades I have made, I have only ever really needed to buy extra nails before stage 4. I take back all of my nails before moving on stage 1 and stage 2 is why.

I will consider adding nails in some stages.

• In OBJ maps, the usual barricaders won’t really take back their nails in barricades they created to allow extra time for humans to escape. I haven’t had the opportunity to play this map so I’m assuming based on what you said that there is enough time to take back your nails and still be able to guarantee a safe escape.

Having either more nail spawns or hammer spawns (One hammer will give a player 12 nails, however it will require them to drop their already being held hammer to claim them) isn’t always a bad thing, especially when a map has a lot of props that could potentially be used by the humans to barricade with. You also have to factor that the few humans who got hammers could possibly end up with them getting picked, which is why the multiple hammer/nail spawns are nice.

• @CodeBrain:

In OBJ maps, the usual barricaders won’t really take back their nails in barricades they created to allow extra time for humans to escape. I haven’t had the opportunity to play this map so I’m assuming based on what you said that there is enough time to take back your nails and still be able to guarantee a safe escape.

Having either more nail spawns or hammer spawns (One hammer will give a player 12 nails, however it will require them to drop their already being held hammer to claim them) isn’t always a bad thing, especially when a map has a lot of props that could potentially be used by the humans to barricade with. You also have to factor that the few humans who got hammers could possibly end up with them getting picked, which is why the multiple hammer/nail spawns are nice.

During the first stage, when the survivors “move on” (wave has not ended yet), their is a pushback on each side (where the barricades are). The pushback halves a zombie’s speed. This gives survivors a chance to take back all extra nails if they are willing to risk it. There generally is not much risk if the survivors did not fail too hard somehow.

In the second stage, there is 60 seconds for survivors to pack up everything after the wave ends before they are “locked out” and trigger hurt. Assuming the first stage went well with very few humans dying as intended, the survivors should be able to take back their 8+ nails (if they armor the legs the most efficient way).

The third stage usually includes losing all barricaded props (if you decided to barricade) and there will be a place to get more nails during that stage. So, win / lose, I guess.

Fourth stage does not require nailing if there is a huge amount of firepower, but of course, nails help.

Fifth stage needs a lot. I usually buy another 5-10 by this stage depending on how many I lost.

Sixth does not need any nails.

In case you do not already know, this obj map uses waves with the intermissions, so, yeah, safe moments to gather nails + scavenge dead survivors’ bodies.

• I couldn’t hear the voice acting over gunfire. Add subtitles.

• @Pufulet:

I couldn’t hear the voice acting over gunfire. Add subtitles.

@Zombie:

I cannot imagine there is a better way to really force everyone to shut up listen to the voice, sadly. That is why I still included hints and messages for the humans so they know what to do. The voice was more of a cool side-thing, in my opinion.

And I did have the voice speak during intermission (not counting Stage 3’s escape). Survivors shooting and talking in the mic during the quiet moments… well…

• Updated to V3.

Many thanks to Pufulet for bug reports and Benjy for teaching me a few things (compiling takes 3 minutes compared to the old 6 hours… wow)

• You can still bypass the first cart on the second corner, but it’s not game breaking so I’ve added this one in.

• Reverted to V2 until the “optimisations” are fixed.

• @Benjy:

Reverted to V2 until the “optimisations” are fixed.

:blink:
    cough
    Yeah, got it this time. I misunderstood the use of func_visclusters. Thanks to Benjy again for explaining it to me… again.
    I actually double checked everything with mat_wireframe 1 this time.
    But, yeah, more areaportals to help with optimization, especially in stage 4.

Updated to V3_1

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.