Question about !caller / !activator and logic_pickups

• I am hoping that this section allows questions.

Anyways, I noted at one point that someone mentioned using !caller to fix a certain problem I had, however, I have no idea how to use it. I tried a quick Google search and only found the official Valve documents, which usually confuse the hell out of me.

Anyone care to help me learn how to use such a function? I currently plan to use it to improve my released map ( with logic_pickups).

Can logic_pickups be applied to a single person at a time, until a map-wide value is used?

An example:
    When the weapon supply room opens, I want logic_pickups to go to 1 for weapons + ammo for all players (or only players who enter the room), but when the player leaves the room, I want their limit to be reset back to 100 instead of having to wait for the timer to reset it for all players.

I can avoid using !caller / !activator, but it would mess with the gameplay a bit for players who know the map and are very quick with their actions.

• I am hoping that this section allows questions.

Anyways, I noted at one point that someone mentioned using !caller to fix a certain problem I had, however, I have no idea how to use it. I tried a quick Google search and only found the official Valve documents, which usually confuse the hell out of me.

Anyone care to help me learn how to use such a function? I currently plan to use it to improve my released map ( with logic_pickups).

Can logic_pickups be applied to a single person at a time, until a map-wide value is used?

An example:
    When the weapon supply room opens, I want logic_pickups to go to 1 for weapons + ammo for all players (or only players who enter the room), but when the player leaves the room, I want their limit to be reset back to 100 instead of having to wait for the timer to reset it for all players.

I can avoid using !caller / !activator, but it would mess with the gameplay a bit for players who know the map and are very quick with their actions.

• Your bold question: no. There’s no per-player entity for that.

!activator and !caller are special targetnames that point to a specific entity rather than names.

!activator for example would be the player or object that enters and triggers a trigger_multiple’s OnTriggerEnter
    !caller is usually the same as !activator but can mean the “secondary” activator, if that makes sense. Not many entities use it.

• !caller is the last functional entity in the chain to effect the I/O.

If in JetBoom’s example the trigger_multiple fires an output from logic_relay:

The !caller in the output from the trigger_multiple is itself.
    The !caller in the output from the logic_relay is the trigger_multiple.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.