[UPDATE] zs_test_facility_v2_2

• This map has been through six official beta stages and gets positive responses out of players. My first officially released map and I am fairly proud of it.

The map is themed similarly to Portal where there are test subjects (Survivors) being tested with zombies and raising water for science!

Basically, survivors are forced to constantly move higher in the building due to threat of drowning while being encouraged to build as low and as long as possible to keep the zombies away from their “final” barricade.

-Each floor is fully flooded in about the time it takes for a wave to end/start.
    -Starting worth is set to 50
    -Survivors are supplied 12 pistols at the start
    -Survivors have a chance to grab six more mid-tier guns after Wave 3 ends
    -Each floor has at least one carpenter’s hammer to supply players with enough nails to barricade each floor appropriately.
    -Custom sounds (voice acting :D)
    -Designed for games with less than 25 people

CHANGELOG:
    V1

• Initial release

V2

• Rooftop entrances open 30 seconds before Wave 5 (instead of 5 seconds before)
    • Floor 5 windows open 15 seconds before Wave 5 (instead of start of wave 5)
    • Added door on zombie-spawn side of rooftop-side entrances for zombies to break before getting onto roof
    • Added logic_pickups ~ no more weapon hogs at start!
    • Added all-zombies-become-bosses when survivors are able to escape (HOLY HELL, RUN, MAN, RUN!)
    • Elevator doors do not close with zombies inside during “escape”
    • Added trigger_hurt to “gas” all remaining humans in test chamber when a survivor escapes
    • “All Zombies Are Unlocked” hint for zombies remains to let them know

V2_1

• Fixed rooftop zombie-door being breakable sooner than Wave 5
    • Fixed “You May Leave Soon” hint never disappearing

V2_2
    -Zombie unlocks are normal (except for wave 6, still the same there)
    -More ammo provided in the gunroom
    -Added a gate to each side of the roof
    -Gates can no longer be broken before wave 6 (fixed)
    -Added hint for survivors ~ “There will be 12 free pistols”
    -No zombie boss allowed at start of Wave 6

All errors should be ironed out and gone, however, players who do not have CS:S report being able to see through walls.

Map Download

• This map has been through six official beta stages and gets positive responses out of players. My first officially released map and I am fairly proud of it.

The map is themed similarly to Portal where there are test subjects (Survivors) being tested with zombies and raising water for science!

Basically, survivors are forced to constantly move higher in the building due to threat of drowning while being encouraged to build as low and as long as possible to keep the zombies away from their “final” barricade.

-Each floor is fully flooded in about the time it takes for a wave to end/start.
    -Starting worth is set to 50
    -Survivors are supplied 12 pistols at the start
    -Survivors have a chance to grab six more mid-tier guns after Wave 3 ends
    -Each floor has at least one carpenter’s hammer to supply players with enough nails to barricade each floor appropriately.
    -Custom sounds (voice acting :D)

CHANGELOG:
    V1

• Initial release

V2

• Rooftop entrances open 30 seconds before Wave 5 (instead of 5 seconds before)
    • Floor 5 windows open 15 seconds before Wave 5 (instead of start of wave 5)
    • Added door on zombie-spawn side of rooftop-side entrances for zombies to break before getting onto roof
    • Added logic_pickups ~ no more weapon hogs at start!
    • Added all-zombies-become-bosses when survivors are able to escape (HOLY HELL, RUN, MAN, RUN!)
    • Elevator doors do not close with zombies inside during “escape”
    • Added trigger_hurt to “gas” all remaining humans in test chamber when a survivor escapes
    • “All Zombies Are Unlocked” hint for zombies remains to let them know

V2_1

• Fixed rooftop zombie-door being breakable sooner than Wave 5
    • Fixed “You May Leave Soon” hint never disappearing

V2_2
    -Zombie unlocks are normal (except for wave 6, still the same there)
    -More ammo provided in the gunroom
    -Added a gate to each side of the roof
    -Gates can no longer be broken before wave 6 (fixed)
    -Added hint for survivors ~ “There will be 12 free pistols”
    -No zombie boss allowed at start of Wave 6

All errors should be ironed out and gone, however, players who do not have CS:S report being able to see through walls.

Map Download

• Hey I’ve been waiting for a flood map forever good concept

• I like what you were trying to do, but

@Zombie:

worries me.

• @Sun:

I like what you were trying to do, but

worries me.

I say this primarily because I have never tested with more than 20 players and my server is capped at 25 people (because I prefer relatively smaller games).

And the map itself has corridors/rooms that would seem fairly cramped with 22+ players.

• ZS is generally made with 40+ players in mind.

I don’t like the idea of lower worth on a map. Higher is fine as long as you balance it out, however lower just breaks the custom loadouts of everyone and people who join late won’t get their predefined set loadout.

Also, why is this map 17MB.

• @Humin:

ZS is generally made with 40+ players in mind.

I don’t like the idea of lower worth on a map. Higher is fine as long as you balance it out, however lower just breaks the custom loadouts of everyone and people who join late won’t get their predefined set loadout.

Also, why is this map 17MB.

Oh, really? I personally never liked playing with more than thirty. Twenty five is almost too chaotic for my preferences. Considering the official Noxious server is pretty huge, I guess I should have assumed, but I have yet to come to a gamemode that seemed to require so many players for a legit experience.

Predefined set loadout? The random loadouts you get when you join late? People still get them. I guess this is a bit of an oversight, but not that concerning since they are usually not that great, in my opinion.

Voice lines (custom sounds, .wav) add up to 1:59 and 10 MB.

• use .ogg. They’re way smaller.

• @Humin:

use .ogg. They’re way smaller.

I will have this under strong consideration, but as far as I have seen with a basic Google search (+ a bit of Youtube), only .mp3’s and .wav’s work.

–Edit-- I just noticed that ZS uses .ogg, so that being the case, I imagine it works for maps, too… I will look into this soon.

• They probably don’t work for the built-in engine entities.

• Updated to V2

• One more quick update to V2_1

• Updated to V2_2 thanks to criticism from another server owner.

• Humans can get stuck between the cart on wave 3 when it turns. We all died.

• @Pufulet:

Humans can get stuck between the cart on wave 3 when it turns. We all died.

Wrong thread, but thanks. Will fix this.

I do not usually push the cart which is why I did not notice this.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.