Weapons/Items Spawned Via point_template …

• Any weapons or items (ammo) that are spawned using a point_template entity are able to be picked up by simply walking over them, just like a normal weapon in, say, a sandbox game.

Not of huge concern, obviously, due to the lack of maps that spawn weapons this way, but a slight nuisance to the maps that do. Dropping the weapon as you normally would reverts it back to its normal ZS grabbing format.

I feel as if this is not preventable through coding, but I figured I would throw this out there in case it arose any interest in those that work on small changes to ZS.

The reason I know this is because the theme of my map has weapons supplied to survivors (initially supplies pistols with ammo, then later stronger weapons if survivors are brave enough to venture back)

• Any weapons or items (ammo) that are spawned using a point_template entity are able to be picked up by simply walking over them, just like a normal weapon in, say, a sandbox game.

Not of huge concern, obviously, due to the lack of maps that spawn weapons this way, but a slight nuisance to the maps that do. Dropping the weapon as you normally would reverts it back to its normal ZS grabbing format.

I feel as if this is not preventable through coding, but I figured I would throw this out there in case it arose any interest in those that work on small changes to ZS.

The reason I know this is because the theme of my map has weapons supplied to survivors (initially supplies pistols with ammo, then later stronger weapons if survivors are brave enough to venture back)

• I’m not exactly sure what you’re trying to ask for here.

• I don’t either. I get that you were trying to bring a problem to attention but it’s a non-issue because, as you pointed out, no maps use it anyway. Did you want help on how to implement functionality in your map? You could just lock off map-placed weapons behind trigger-sensitive areas.

• @Pufulet:

[an entity that] can give the activator items in the same format as weapon_zs_swissarmyknife:1,weapon_zs_plank:1

“Player presses a button and receives an axe”

@Benjy:

[…] a new entity which forces a receive or an output of the weapon entities would be a good idea.

Are you asking for this?

• Weapons spawned via point_template will be automatically picked up by the player (walking over the object), rather than pressing E to pick.
    He wants the normal behavior where the player must press +use to grab it.

• I suppose I did suck at explaining it.

@Box:

Weapons spawned via point_template will be automatically picked up by the player (walking over the object), rather than pressing E to pick.
    He wants the normal behavior where the player must press +use to grab it.

This.

• Then just use prop_weapon or prop_ammo.

• @JetBoom:

Then just use prop_weapon or prop_ammo.

Never thought about this. I just assumed weapon_zs_name was the way to go.

Thanks.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.