Logic_worth – GUI Worth Amount Not Updating

• ~~When you use this entity on a map, the only values that actually affect it are either 0 or 100 (even though 100 technically is not changing anything).

I am not talking about the input(because I have not tried the input, though I do not feel it would make a difference).

logic_worth does not affect anything unless you keep it at the default 100 or set it to 0.

So, you are not allowed to use anything except 0 or 100. Not sure if this is intended, but based on looking at the code, it looks like you should be able to set the starting worth to whatever you desire. I thought I should put this out there for you, Jetboom. It would be nice to be able to force survivors to be picky with their worth spending on a specific map.~~

Initially, the worth menu will not show the accurate amount of points that you are allowed the first time through. If a player uses a preset loadout that exceeds the limit, then the menu will simply close. When the player opens it a second time, the worth will update.

• ~~When you use this entity on a map, the only values that actually affect it are either 0 or 100 (even though 100 technically is not changing anything).

I am not talking about the input(because I have not tried the input, though I do not feel it would make a difference).

logic_worth does not affect anything unless you keep it at the default 100 or set it to 0.

So, you are not allowed to use anything except 0 or 100. Not sure if this is intended, but based on looking at the code, it looks like you should be able to set the starting worth to whatever you desire. I thought I should put this out there for you, Jetboom. It would be nice to be able to force survivors to be picky with their worth spending on a specific map.~~

Initially, the worth menu will not show the accurate amount of points that you are allowed the first time through. If a player uses a preset loadout that exceeds the limit, then the menu will simply close. When the player opens it a second time, the worth will update.

• Game Admins

You should be able to set it to any integer value. What happens when you try the logic_auto’s “OnMapSpawn” to set “setstartingworth”.

• Never knew about that entity’s output, so I will give it a shot and post results later. I have not used logic_auto very much.

According to the info, you should be able to set the keyvalue to any value, but after trying it on a test map and on my latest map, it is either 0 or 100. Nothing in-between or onward.

I will try using the OnMapSpawn for the input, though.

• It seems that it does actually set the value and does work, but the number that you see for how much worth you have is not updated. Not on the first spawn, at least.

Will update OP.

• Game Admins

In other words: The VGUI element of worth doesn’t update when “setstartingworth” is fired. Should be a relatively simple fix.

• @Benjy:

In other words: The VGUI element of worth doesn’t update when “setstartingworth” is fired. Should be a relatively simple fix.

Yep.

Originally, I just thought it did nothing because I was going through a quick test run of my map and did not actually buy anything…

Then I tried to buy something, menu closed, and for some reason, my F2 key was switched to take screenshots instead of opening the menu.

But, yeah, the VGUI does not update properly.

The keyvalue does actually work.

• Game Admins

This has been fixed in the latest GIT.

• Awesome, thank you.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.