Dog Excalibur euthanized by Spain

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2784430/Viva-Excalibur-Dogs-little-help-tweet-pictures-campaign-save-fellow-pooch-threatened-death-Spanish-owner-Ebola.html

MADRID — A dog named Excalibur who belonged to an Ebola-infected nurse was destroyed on Wednesday, even as protesters and animal rights activists surrounded the Madrid home of the nurse and her husband. An online petition calling for the dog’s life to be spared had drawn hundreds of thousands of signatures.

The death of Excalibur, a 12-year-old rescue dog, was confirmed to reporters by Javier Rodríguez, an official from Madrid’s regional government. The body is expected to be cremated.

The nurse’s husband had pleaded publicly with officials in Madrid to change their minds about destroying the dog. He told the Spanish newspaper El Mundo that there was no indication that Excalibur had been infected with Ebola. The nurse has been identified as María Teresa Romero Ramos.

The fate of the dog ignited a frenzy online. More than 390,000 people signed the petition to save his life. By comparison, about 150,000 people have signed a petition urging the Food and Drug Administration to fast-track research on a potential vaccine and treatment for Ebola.

Twitter erupted with pleas in both English and Spanish to save Excalibur’s life. Then, after Excalibur was killed, came posts using the hashtag #RIPExcalibur. Some also suggested that more attention was being focused on the dog than on Ebola’s human victims.

comments

CleoG, West Dunbartonshire, 50 minutes ago
    What do you expect from the spanish people? They are barbaric and not very intelligent people anyway. Poor dog murdered by vile people.

Tully Augustine, St. Louis, United States, 10 hours ago
    Such shallow, immoral arrogance to declare that your love for your child is more significant & powerful than my love for my dog. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such ignorance expressed by so many in one place. Our world is being destroyed by overpopulation of humans, not dogs. What kind of sick people would pile on the anguish of this family by murdering their innocent dog?

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2784430/Viva-Excalibur-Dogs-little-help-tweet-pictures-campaign-save-fellow-pooch-threatened-death-Spanish-owner-Ebola.html

MADRID — A dog named Excalibur who belonged to an Ebola-infected nurse was destroyed on Wednesday, even as protesters and animal rights activists surrounded the Madrid home of the nurse and her husband. An online petition calling for the dog’s life to be spared had drawn hundreds of thousands of signatures.

The death of Excalibur, a 12-year-old rescue dog, was confirmed to reporters by Javier Rodríguez, an official from Madrid’s regional government. The body is expected to be cremated.

The nurse’s husband had pleaded publicly with officials in Madrid to change their minds about destroying the dog. He told the Spanish newspaper El Mundo that there was no indication that Excalibur had been infected with Ebola. The nurse has been identified as María Teresa Romero Ramos.

The fate of the dog ignited a frenzy online. More than 390,000 people signed the petition to save his life. By comparison, about 150,000 people have signed a petition urging the Food and Drug Administration to fast-track research on a potential vaccine and treatment for Ebola.

Twitter erupted with pleas in both English and Spanish to save Excalibur’s life. Then, after Excalibur was killed, came posts using the hashtag #RIPExcalibur. Some also suggested that more attention was being focused on the dog than on Ebola’s human victims.

comments

CleoG, West Dunbartonshire, 50 minutes ago
    What do you expect from the spanish people? They are barbaric and not very intelligent people anyway. Poor dog murdered by vile people.

Tully Augustine, St. Louis, United States, 10 hours ago
    Such shallow, immoral arrogance to declare that your love for your child is more significant & powerful than my love for my dog. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such ignorance expressed by so many in one place. Our world is being destroyed by overpopulation of humans, not dogs. What kind of sick people would pile on the anguish of this family by murdering their innocent dog?

• The ebola-infected nurse was much more likely to spread the disease than her dog. Though, the dog may have had ebola even though no signs were present; ebola has a long incubation period.

• That’s saddening, and the I’m pretty sure the incubation period is about 21 days for ebola.

• people deserve to die when they start caring about a dog over a possible virus outbreak

open fire on the crowd, who cares they’re spanish

• Eh, the worlds needs some thinning out anyways.  :atomic:

• Banned

@God-King:

a possible virus outbreak

yeah, like that’ll happen

• Let’s just off all the gingers. Let’s start the cleansing right.

• @ritzbits:

MADRID — A dog named Excalibur who belonged to an Ebola-infected nurse was destroyed on Wednesday

i laughed harder than i should’ve at that.

• @ritzbits:

MADRID — A dog named Excalibur who belonged to an Ebola-infected nurse was rekt on Wednesday

But this:
    @ritzbits:

Such shallow, immoral arrogance to declare that your love for your child is more significant & powerful than my love for my dog.

Surely a childless beast woman. I have a cousin that was saying shit like this when her dog died. She was trying to convince my sister that she felt the same pain for the dog’s death as my sister would if her daughter died. I don’t know how we are from the same family tree.

• @ritzbits:

Our world is being destroyed by overpopulation of humans, not dogs.

Where do you dig for this variety of gold?

• Banned

isn’t that true though?

• Stay off the mail online, it gives you cancer

• The only reason this got attention is because it’s related to the ebola shit. No one cares about the other thousands of random dogs that get put down.

• e

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.