Super quick question about Zombie Escape

• As you progress through the maps, Zombie spawns gradually change so they don’t fall behind. What handles these spawns changing, the map or gamemode?

• As you progress through the maps, Zombie spawns gradually change so they don’t fall behind. What handles these spawns changing, the map or gamemode?

• The spawns that you get teleported to are set by the mapper. The old dynamic spawning system still seems to exist in ZE though.

• Both. The gamemode checks the distance between  humans and the zombie spawns. The one(s) humans are closest to becomes the main spawn.

As for maps, from what I understand, mappers are able to fire keyvalues at the spawn entities to enable or disable them. Just take a look at the “human_spawn” entity. Last time I checked it had 3 options.

Ask pufulet, rizbits or box ( I think he knows? ) for more information about the subject.

Edit: the gamemode system can be unreliable,  because it doest take the Yaxes in account.
    Thus, if a spawn is right underneath the humans and there is one across the corridor,  which is technically closer, it will choose the one underneath the humans.

• @Robbert:

As for maps, from what I understand, mappers are able to fire keyvalues at the spawn entities to enable or disable them. Just take a look at the “human_spawn” entity. Last time I checked it had 3 options.

“info_player_human” and “info_player_zombie” have a keyvalue “disabled” (set to 1/0 for true/false) and can be modified in-game by using “disable”/“enable” inputs.

• I don’t think ZE maps use spawn entities to force zombies to keep up with humans. Rather it’s probably a trigger_teleport that covers the entire previous area and has a destination point near another trigger_volume that fires off the trigger_teleport after a certain delay when a human leaves it. I don’t really feel like decompiling a ZE map to find out for sure but considering the maps we have now have teleport systems of some kind, it would make more sense that zombies are just being teleported due to being far behind rather than being spawned closer.

• You’re correct but if you’re making new maps specifically for ZS than disabling/enabling entities would probably make your life easier.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.