[104.6] Zero: Let's get an ss13 player base going again

• If you got directed to this and want to play SS13, Just select an answer on the poll or post. If you don’t want to play, don’t vote on the poll.
    What you pick doesn’t matter. It’s all for humour. The poll is just to see how many people would want to play ss13 in a visible number.
    SS13 will not get any level of active development nor will it ever come back online without a good player base who would relatively consistently play.  (My assumption and also hence why I want to see everyone who would even want to play)

If you don’t know what SS13 is, here’s a summary of gameplay as well as some examples of what you could do.
    Note: SS13 is NOT on GMod, It’s done through a seperate client and is a 2d topdown-ish game

You are a spessman on Nox-Station 13. You must simply survive as well as help your crew members by doing the job you have been assigned (That you chose for your self)
    Be it the humble clown out to make people happy, Or the prestigious Captain as you govern the crew to a better tomorrow. Read: Convince them to not murder you or the clown for longer than 5 minutes.

But beware, there are traitors to Nanotrasen, Aliens that are out to suck your dick (Suck your body fluids and kill you) , Aliens that are out to shove their dick in your mouth (Facerapists from Alien), Meteors, Black holes, Time space anomalies, Giant metallic rods that will smash through the station, Nuclear operative agents out to set off the bomb, A revolution among the station by brainwashed subjects, A Malicious Artificial Intelligence that has become aware of it self and is now out to kill you and everyone you love, Clowns attempting to toss you into space with a banana, Monkeys attempting a coup d’etat for the years of oppression they suffered, Slimes breaking out, And much much more.

If this still doesn’t meet your fancy, Here’s some things you can do!

1. You could play as a chemist, make sleeping toxin, grab syringes and a syringe gun, shoot up the clown, and make them give you their shoes or never be allowed to leave the monkey chamber.
    2. Be a traitorous clown with a paralysis pen, seemingly harmlessly slipping people with bananas until, you feel a tiny prick (This is what your pen’s target will ‘hear’ if you stab them with the pen) and your assassination target is now in space.
    3. Be a nuclear operative named Dickface as you attempt to assimilate into the crew and obtain the nuclear disk to enable the bomb.
    4. Be an engineer and attempt to corral a singularity to power the station with radiation.
    5. Slip into the singularity as an engineer and give it just enough power with your body to forever doom the station to a demise worthy of space.

There’s still a lot more, But I don’t want to make an excessive wall of text.
    Vote on the poll if you like what you see and what it to make a come back, Don’t if you don’t want it.

• If you got directed to this and want to play SS13, Just select an answer on the poll or post. If you don’t want to play, don’t vote on the poll.
    What you pick doesn’t matter. It’s all for humour. The poll is just to see how many people would want to play ss13 in a visible number.
    SS13 will not get any level of active development nor will it ever come back online without a good player base who would relatively consistently play.  (My assumption and also hence why I want to see everyone who would even want to play)

If you don’t know what SS13 is, here’s a summary of gameplay as well as some examples of what you could do.
    Note: SS13 is NOT on GMod, It’s done through a seperate client and is a 2d topdown-ish game

You are a spessman on Nox-Station 13. You must simply survive as well as help your crew members by doing the job you have been assigned (That you chose for your self)
    Be it the humble clown out to make people happy, Or the prestigious Captain as you govern the crew to a better tomorrow. Read: Convince them to not murder you or the clown for longer than 5 minutes.

But beware, there are traitors to Nanotrasen, Aliens that are out to suck your dick (Suck your body fluids and kill you) , Aliens that are out to shove their dick in your mouth (Facerapists from Alien), Meteors, Black holes, Time space anomalies, Giant metallic rods that will smash through the station, Nuclear operative agents out to set off the bomb, A revolution among the station by brainwashed subjects, A Malicious Artificial Intelligence that has become aware of it self and is now out to kill you and everyone you love, Clowns attempting to toss you into space with a banana, Monkeys attempting a coup d’etat for the years of oppression they suffered, Slimes breaking out, And much much more.

If this still doesn’t meet your fancy, Here’s some things you can do!

1. You could play as a chemist, make sleeping toxin, grab syringes and a syringe gun, shoot up the clown, and make them give you their shoes or never be allowed to leave the monkey chamber.
    2. Be a traitorous clown with a paralysis pen, seemingly harmlessly slipping people with bananas until, you feel a tiny prick (This is what your pen’s target will ‘hear’ if you stab them with the pen) and your assassination target is now in space.
    3. Be a nuclear operative named Dickface as you attempt to assimilate into the crew and obtain the nuclear disk to enable the bomb.
    4. Be an engineer and attempt to corral a singularity to power the station with radiation.
    5. Slip into the singularity as an engineer and give it just enough power with your body to forever doom the station to a demise worthy of space.

There’s still a lot more, But I don’t want to make an excessive wall of text.
    Vote on the poll if you like what you see and what it to make a come back, Don’t if you don’t want it.

• I’m down

• hell yes

• well i guess this is happening i was informed different but alright i’ll vote whatever means yes

• I thought the noxstation was taken down because no one played it.

• I thought noxstation was taken down because they really wanted to work on some silly economy thing.

• sounds right ed640

• @Pseudohorse:

I thought the noxstation was taken down because no one played it.

ding ding ding

if i recall correctly we were getting DDoS’ed and people just said “nope” and we emptied out or at least thats what I got from the situation

• @Tankmaster:

I’d like to draw it as ‘My assumption’. Developement simply won’t happen nor will anyone be inclined to get the server back up. This isn’t a statement of “Hey tankfagster is making the server come back again!”, this is a logical deduction that unless people prove they want to play, the server will never happen again/developement won’t happen.

Just before people assume I’m saying it WILL come back. It CAN come back IF enough people prove they’d be a sort of consistent playerbase, for longer than a day.

• ha ha ha

• most of the people on the server were just random asses who didnt use the forums at all

• How much of a resource hog was this game that it needed shutting down?

• Game Admins

noxstation was the most popular server for an entire month (100 player rounds on average) until it got ddosed for 3 weeks and died

i’d gladly play but i’m not bringing it back unless we can get an actual development team going, in order to maintain a successful SS13 server, you need development… it’s literally impossible to keep up with the goon coders, but because of their shitty politically correct, tumblr station rules; most of the other servers are ran by bronies or retards (yog and paradise) and the only decent stations are goon and /TG/

• Fuck it, let’s just wait for this to come out then:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/243300

It was released before really being an alpha and is probably vapor ware to a degree, but a man can dream.  Here is the roadmap for feature implementation:
    https://trello.com/b/BJwIr7KK/centration-roadmap

• @ChiRaeDisk:

Fuck it, let’s just wait for this to come out then:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/243300

It was released before really being an alpha and is probably vapor ware to a degree, but a man can dream.  Here is the roadmap for feature implementation:
    https://trello.com/b/BJwIr7KK/centration-roadmap

or this - http://spacestation13.com/

its a rework of the game, it looks good so far

• Can’t we just leech off the /tg/station code and use their updates and add a little of our own if we feel like it?

• @DoctorDrew:

noxstation was the most popular server for an entire month (100 player rounds on average) until it got ddosed for 3 weeks and died

i’d gladly play but i’m not bringing it back unless we can get an actual development team going, in order to maintain a successful SS13 server, you need development… it’s literally impossible to keep up with the goon coders, but because of their shitty politically correct, tumblr station rules; most of the other servers are ran by bronies or retards (yog and paradise) and the only decent stations are goon and /TG/

It would probably help if it were more organized, so people knew what new features were being worked on.

• just use an older version of tg code and add everything that wasn’t major into it (clothing/sprites etc) and put a server up and then work on it

get a playerbase while you work shazam

• @DoctorDrew:

I guess I can give it a shot at development.
    I know some people who’ve helped me on art assets (that i failed to use because lolreallife) that were pretty fucking good and just need code to go on them.

@Pseudohorse:

It would probably help if it were more organized, so people knew what new features were being worked on.

I concur. Guess I’ll really give it a shot.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.