Charles Vacca, a 9 year old and recoil

• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/26/charles-vacca-shooting-instructor-dies-9-year-old_n_5717603.html

Earlier today, some shooting instructor called Charles Vacca was teaching this 9 year old about how to fire a gun at a shooting range called ", showed her the position to stand in, and then asked her to fire full blast on full-auto. Obviously, the recoil of a fucking uzi was too much for a 9 year old and the gun flew over her head, shooting the instructor in the I assume neck and killing him pretty much instantly.

America, am I right?

Here’s the moments just before he was shot :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfMzK7QwfrU

b-but my 2nd amendment

• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/26/charles-vacca-shooting-instructor-dies-9-year-old_n_5717603.html

Earlier today, some shooting instructor called Charles Vacca was teaching this 9 year old about how to fire a gun at a shooting range called ", showed her the position to stand in, and then asked her to fire full blast on full-auto. Obviously, the recoil of a fucking uzi was too much for a 9 year old and the gun flew over her head, shooting the instructor in the I assume neck and killing him pretty much instantly.

America, am I right?

Here’s the moments just before he was shot :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfMzK7QwfrU

b-but my 2nd amendment

• I don’t think anyone wants to hear a gun legality argument on a gaming forum.  That being said, a fucking Uzi?
    Where the fuck did they get that?  I used to own a model 29 and that was a silly enough weapon, but this takes it to a whole new fucking level.  The first comment when I saw the video was the gun nut conspiracy for not showing the last segment of the video and not the fact that the content would be swept clean from youtube if brain matter was shown oozing out the guy’s head.

• How to traumatise a girl the stupid way.

• 'merica

• 'merica…    FUCK YEAH!

Anyway, stepping across the border doesn’t make a person smarter or more stupid.  This guy probably wasn’t an idiot, but got caught up in the idea of training a little girl to shoot a weapon that probably isn’t suitable for defending yourself with or hunting.  Some people are a bit extreme.

Tunnel vision, am I right?

• clearly this is americas fault and not the retards decision making

• I hate gun nuts but this is fucking 500% a result of pure human stupidity.

• Some people have weird age standards. Too young to be out after dark, but old enough to learn to shoot a gun.

• @DrunkenOrc:

Some people have weird age standards. Too young to be out after dark, but old enough to learn to shoot a gun.

One is supervised the other is not.

• @DrunkenOrc:

Some people have weird age standards. Too young to be out after dark, but old enough to learn to shoot a gun.

The former puts you up against blacks while the latter protects you from them. The standards are flawless.

• Just dont give her a fucking automatic while shes learning to shoot guns.

• @Sally:

Just dont give her a fucking automatic while shes learning to shoot guns.

The instructor should have been directly behind her supporting her arms/helping her hold the weapon instead of off to the left of her, where he can easily be shot by recoil.

• Why would anyone even have a gun for target shooting on full auto is beyond me, even more so an uzi.

• @Talha:

Why would anyone even have a gun for target shooting on full auto is beyond me, even more so an uzi.

They were probably doing it just for the fun of wasting the ammo or using a weapon instead of actual target shooting. They just chose a really, really bad gun to do it with and a sub-par instructor.

• or, don’t give a fucking NINE YEAR OLD any form of gun at all and we’d all be lovely and happy

• @CobyB:

or, don’t give a fucking NINE YEAR OLD any form of gun at all and we’d all be lovely and happy

Why’s that

• because I don’t really understand why a 9 year old would need to operate a gun? like sure, one day her parents might be being beaten and she needs to shoot someone but still a fucking 9 year old?

• @CobyB:

because I don’t really understand why a 9 year old would need to operate a gun? like sure, one day her parents might be being beaten and she needs to shoot someone but still a fucking 9 year old?

Shooting is considered a sport by many people. Like a lot of sports, there’s inherent risks and people can die or get seriously injured if they’re not properly supervised or the proper safety isn’t practiced. Skydiving is arguably more immediately dangerous than target shooting, yet people do it all the time.

In this instance the instructor wasn’t properly being safe about instruction (Standing to the left of her and trying to support her arms instead of behind her like he should have), and they were using an extremely sub-par gun for instructing shooting with (An Uzi that is know for being small, light, and shooting stupidly fast, thus having a lot of recoil). They probably would have been much better off using something safer and less prone to fuckups, like a .22, nothing automatic.

• @CobyB:

because I don’t really understand why a 9 year old would need to operate a gun? like sure, one day her parents might be being beaten and she needs to shoot someone but still a fucking 9 year old?

That isn’t a reason for a 9 year old not to operate a gun though. The reason many parents have their children go to gun ranges is to educate them on the destructive power of the weapons in order to avoid the child treating the weapon as a cool toy, or anything other than a tool designed to kill things.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.