[EFT] [RELEASE] eft_waterforts

• This map was intended to be a remake of chamber, updating it visually and restructuring it for.
    Eventually it had become so different that I had decided to put it under another name.

This map features some resemblances to CC and Chamber, it features the run-in goals with a glow.
    The forts also feature a speed ball to the side, giving a 5 seconds boost to the runner.
    On the opposite side of the speed-ball, is a water ball, giving you 13 seconds of Jesus power, letting you throw the ball and give a boost to your teammates.
    On the main bridges, the map features a nice bed of sand, making it soothing on your feet.
    As a safety precaution, ramps have been added in many regions, enabling players who fall off an easy and fats way to get back up.

DOWNLOAD:
    [9,711KB] eft_waterforts_a https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2xhr31018qalri/eft_waterforts_a.bsp?dl=0

• This map was intended to be a remake of chamber, updating it visually and restructuring it for.
    Eventually it had become so different that I had decided to put it under another name.

This map features some resemblances to CC and Chamber, it features the run-in goals with a glow.
    The forts also feature a speed ball to the side, giving a 5 seconds boost to the runner.
    On the opposite side of the speed-ball, is a water ball, giving you 13 seconds of Jesus power, letting you throw the ball and give a boost to your teammates.
    On the main bridges, the map features a nice bed of sand, making it soothing on your feet.
    As a safety precaution, ramps have been added in many regions, enabling players who fall off an easy and fats way to get back up.

DOWNLOAD:
    [9,711KB] eft_waterforts_a https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2xhr31018qalri/eft_waterforts_a.bsp?dl=0

• Do your textures have mipmaps

• yes

• I found this thought I’d test and provide feedback for you to work on in order to get the map on the server. I’ll post in order of importance starting from the most important:

• The map border is a vast expanse of empty space and none of it explorable. You should use a 3D skybox to create the illusion of distance because your repeating and expensive water texture removes most of the framerate.

• The rings kill people if touched from the side, make these no-colide with the player and add basic clip geometry over the top.

• The blue water ring needs something to guide people in to it when they jump, if they land on top of the ring, they’ll spin as fast as the ring does.

• You need to change that main sand texture, the mipmap effect makes it look grainy and noisy.

• The inner-pathways surrounding the capture points are a little too thin. You should give players breathing room to dodge if possible.

• There are tool textures still on visible faces, namely under the water and under archways.

The map layout in general is pretty decent and makes for good game-play in a medium sized map.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.