[ZS] waraxe is overpowered

• people are consistently getting wave 1 boomstick/sweeper/whatever and im not talking just qwert. its waaaaay too good to be available right off the bat. also the blaster nerf/ammo nerf did almost nothing as the blaster is still insane.

• people are consistently getting wave 1 boomstick/sweeper/whatever and im not talking just qwert. its waaaaay too good to be available right off the bat. also the blaster nerf/ammo nerf did almost nothing as the blaster is still insane.

• The points are primarily being earned by spawncamping or running around before wave 3. There’s a change coming to stop this being so easy to do:

Zombies that have just spawned or enter zombie gas will now have a temporary buff which gives +75 speed and 75% damage resistance. This buff lasts for 3 seconds and is refreshed by entering the gas. Gas will no longer heal. Zombies with this buff on will strobe dark green.

Honestly if the blaster or even the waraxe got reduced in power, the next thing people would complain about is tosser/crackler (whatever starter weapon) spawncamping. The real issue the spawncamping itself, and that’s getting rectified. I can agree to the waraxe being a little powerful due to its accuracy and high DPS.

• Waraxe is indeed OP.

• @Raox:

The points are primarily being earned by spawncamping or running around before wave 3. There’s a change coming to stop this being so easy to do:

Honestly if the blaster or even the waraxe got reduced in power, the next thing people would complain about is tosser/crackler (whatever starter weapon) spawncamping. The real issue the spawncamping itself, and that’s getting rectified. I can agree to the waraxe being a little powerful due to its accuracy and high DPS.

people never complained about tosser before blaster got popular

• I really like the accuracy and rof of this gun.
    The tier 2 pistols are very disappointing with their shit accuracy and rof or inefficiency (eraser), and would never net me point profit as quick as the waraxe does.

A few players (myself included) have been teaming up with a partner, to give a spare battleaxe and pistol ammo, from then they’re able to own the zombies very well.

• Yeah, qwert and I dedicate every 1st wave to making sure we have waraxes

• @CMasta:

Yeah, qwert and I dedicate every 1st wave to making sure we have waraxes

the guns insane. it turns garbage players into top score shooters, and it turns people like qwert into a 5 minute boomstick machine

• Waraxe is fine. It rewards player’s who aren’t unlikable dicks because without friends its nearly impossible to effectively craft anyway. Blaster is pretty lame though.

• @crazyf5k:

Waraxe is fine. It rewards player’s who aren’t unlikable dicks because without friends its nearly impossible to effectively craft anyway. Blaster is pretty lame though.

I get the feeling JetBoom intended for it to be a test solution to the overabundance of tier 0 shit that covers the floor of any cade by endgame. If you are running a low-point team niche, like carpentry, you can pick up the slack without spending points and also make use of random junk. It’s a great idea and I like it, although the other tier 0 pistols need something good as well in order to be relevant now (as if they were ever relevant).

As nice as it is to no longer see battleaxes littering the floor, waraxes give a big edge to people who get boosted in earlygame, so they get ahead of other humans when competing for kills and don’t have to worry about economy as much. I get why sometimes it might be irritating to fall behind a waraxe user since they’re getting an advantage that doesn’t depend on skill whatsoever (having a friend online).

• @Apathetic:

other tier 0 pistols need something good as well in order to be relevant now (as if they were ever relevant).

The only way I can see tier 0 pistols becoming relevant is if they use different ammo to the tier 1 pistols and pistol ammo is made cheaper in the worth menu.

• @DR.:

pistol ammo is made cheaper in the point shop*.

I’m hoping you meant to say the point shop, because the worth menu is fine to me.
    Picking up ammo from dead players is way better than buying it from the point shop.

I don’t believe it’s worth buying pistol ammo from the point shop (6 points), even during wave intermission (5 points), if I buy pistol ammo for any pistols in the point shop, I’ll never get a boomstick/sweeper/adonis.
    In order for these pistols to be worth it, you have to not buy any pistol ammo, and pick them up from dead players (wait for afks to die).
    @Pufulet:

Early game adonis is picking up lots of pistol ammo.

Being given 20 pistol ammo boxes (10 from yourself, 10 from your partner), and a waraxe guarantees a boomstick.
    Having things cheaper would be better than relying on other players for free stuff.

• Yeah I meant point shop.

• having “friends” shouldn’t be as rewarding as being a good player

• Teamwork is an op thing in zs.

• @Pufulet:

Teamwork is an op thing in zs.

I personally don’t care about the waraxe since I’m not very competitive when playing ZS. But to frame the issue better, it’s not a strict delineation of “the team works together so the team wins.” Whoever has one player around to give them, personally, a second battleaxe, gets a major advantage over other humans to get kills and points. The waraxe doesn’t benefit everyone on the team, it only immediately benefits the person with the waraxe, and only they get to enjoy the increased power of their personal weapon. Yes, you can argue that the rest of the human team benefits indirectly because more zombies are being killed, but intercompetition between humans has always been a secondary part of being in the human team, and the waraxe ruins that aspect of the game.

You could also make the argument that in fact the waraxe hinders the human team when another perfectly able-bodied player is wasting their worth to give another player a waraxe. That 40 worth could have gone into properly outfitting another necessary team niche, such as a repairer or medic. However, now you’ve got someone who in all likelihood only intends to sit around afk in the cade since they’re not going to do very much with 60 worth. Correct me if I’m wrong on this, since I don’t know what these players do after boosting another.

• Qwert and I both get 1st and 2nd even after one of us gives the other a Battleaxe. Adaptability

• 2-3 top tier weapons frequently get created as well as medical supply in this process, so it is quite beneficial. It’s not primarily around waraxe neither, being given loads of supplies for any weapon will really help.

• @CMasta:

Qwert and I both get 1st and 2nd even after one of us gives the other a Battleaxe. Adaptability

Run around and loot dead twelve-year-olds: The game.

Joking aside, that’s impressive anyway, so good on you. But that doesn’t apply to the majority of players who can’t topscore even with 100 worth.

@Pufulet:

2-3 top tier weapons frequently get created as well as medical supply in this process, so it is quite beneficial. It’s not primarily around waraxe neither, being given loads of supplies for any weapon will really help.

Maybe there’s a little misunderstanding here. You don’t “create” weapons. Points from zombie kills are a fixed resource. If the exact same number of zombies attacks a cade between time A and time B, the number of total points created by kills from those zombies that gets distributed across shooters doesn’t change, it stays the same. The only thing that changes is how those points are distributed, since someone gets to hog more of the kills since they have a better weapon. That’s not very fair to the other players who didn’t get boosted, is it?

The one thing that you could argue for (and where this really gets contentious) is that the amount of damage dealt to the cade between time A and time B changes, because there are people with better weapons earlier on. However, there’s not a whole lot of evidence to suggest a few players with high-tier weapons is better for surviving than a lot of players with mid-tier weapons. Intuitively, it makes sense for a team of four Reapers to do better than a team with one Boomstick and three blasters, since the former can cover itself during reloads (prevent pcrabs from using reload windows), cover more angles, and get more out of using resupply crates.

• Given that Blaster ammo is a bit cheaper than rifle ammo you’d expect the Stubber’s and Blaster’s total damage with the gun + 8 clips to be similar but the blaster still dominates, perhaps it should due to the Stubber’s high accuracy (that requires skill to use well) but maybe not to this extent.
    One shotgun clip = 8
    One rifle clip = 6
    Blaster clip = 6x2
    Stubber clip = 5x5

Blaster damage x maximum shotgun ammunition purchased in worth menu and two Blaster clips: 84x76=6384 Maximum damage output.
    Stubber damage x maximum rifle ammunition purchased in worth menu and 2+3 Stubber clips: 50x58=4350 Maximum damage output.

EDIT: To add, the Tosser surprisingly equals the Stubber at a Maximum damage output of 4350, the only reason the stubber manages to equal the Tosser rather than coming of second best by over 1k damage is because the Stubber has a higher default clip given to it, not to add extra suggestions to this thread but something to consider would be either making rifle ammo cheaper (for example a clip being 8 rather than 6) or increasing the Stubber’s damage to suit this expensive ammo type, or even if you wished you cold simply up the default ammo so that the Stubber would give you say 35 rather than 25 rounds when purchased. as for the Blaster it is supposed to dominate with total damage over the Tosser for example since it is more expensive and it is expected that you will miss a bit of total damage often with the Blaster.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.