[ZS] New weapon idea: Railgun

• Weapon model: The Gravity Gun.
    Price: 275 points.
    Ammo: crossbow bolts and pulse ammo.
    Uses: 1 crossbow bolt and 25 pulse ammo per shot.
    Damage: 200 per shot. Goes through multiple enemies just like the Impaler.
    After a shot, it goes into a 4 second cooldown where it’ll be orange. After it’s done cooling down, it’ll be blue.
    No projectile arc.
    Massive kickback.
    Lots of sparks.

• Weapon model: The Gravity Gun.
    Price: 275 points.
    Ammo: crossbow bolts and pulse ammo.
    Uses: 1 crossbow bolt and 25 pulse ammo per shot.
    Damage: 200 per shot. Goes through multiple enemies just like the Impaler.
    After a shot, it goes into a 4 second cooldown where it’ll be orange. After it’s done cooling down, it’ll be blue.
    No projectile arc.
    Massive kickback.
    Lots of sparks.

• I thought bullets were hitscan

• @Humin:

The projectile will be moving faster than a bullet.

This is impossible. The source engine does not use physical bullets, when you fire a weapon, you hit the target immediately, the bullet tracers do not represent the actual projectile.

Plus I don’t think anyone would buy this weapon if it costs 275 points and uses two types of ammo.

• A 250 point weapon should combine the qualities of all four handguns.

• Bonus damage to bosses might make such a thing feasible, but still useless otherwise.

• @The:

This is impossible. The source engine does not use physical bullets, when you fire a weapon, you hit the target immediately, the bullet tracers do not represent the actual projectile.

I know this. I’m pointing it out in saying: "This projectile is moving very fast, therefore, it should not have a shooting arc like the impaler does.
    Edit: actually, you know what, I decided to change this part.

• I want to spawn a jeep and punt it with the gravity gun into a bunch of humans and zombies.  8)

• I was thinking of some ideas and I came up with one.
    Inferno + Explosive Barrel = “Artillery” Assault Rifle

Changes: Half the clip size (or smaller maybe), bullets become physical and therefore get an arc as well being slower because of this, bullets have a small AoE when the bullet hits a surface, prop, or zombie
                  Direct hits with the bullets on zombies do massive damage, AoE does slight damage to zombies around the area, slower firing rate

I’m not too sure about the ammo, but for now I’m think Pulse or 5.56, or a new ammo/mixing ammos to make a new one.
    I doubt this will get far, but it sounds kind of cool.  8)

• who cares about guns i want high tier melee weapons

• @spider:

who cares about guns i want high tier melee weapons

dual weild sledgehammers  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

• @Sanic:

link=topic=19463.msg321927#msg321927 date=1406586618]
    dual weild sledgehammers  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Dual planks, with nails!

• Banned

There should be some high tier merchant items.

• @spider:

high tier melee weapons

Plank + Knife = Pike? or Plank + Axe = Halberd?
    could be cool

• @K:

Plank + Knife = Pike? or Plank + Axe = Halberd?
    could be cool

Plank + Knife has already been discussed and it’s been called a Arnie Stick

• craft with crossbow + rollermine, back to the roots of crafting being a rare occation until mappers add them in every one of their maps.
    but we only have one map with rollermines.

or craft with crossbow + battery, make the humans have to decide between the electric hammer or this.

• re-introduce the small combine battery as crafting items rather than simply have them removed from the map

battery + stunstick
    battery + carpenters hammer

• Wasn’t there a thread about crafting combinations?

About the weapon, unless you make it cheaper or so that it uses only one type of ammo, I don’t think anyone is ever going to buy it. How many people do you see reaching 200 points and NOT getting a boomstick or adonis so they can keep saving up for this?

• i dont mean crafting combinations for high tier melee weapons we already have those. i want like 200 point high tier shit

• Bring in the large pole from EFT.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.