[FIX] eft_spacejump_b2

• The new version is eft_spacejump_b2fix.

Fixed non-turning goal triggers and spawn exploits.

Basically the spawn exploit is that you can stand in your spawn, without resetting the ball, and score.
    This was fixed with a simple trigger that resets the ball.

Also fixed the goals, they used to not rotate with the ring, and for some reason were bulging out by 32 units, causing people to score without ever getting inside the ring,
    I fixed this by making the goal trigger smaller and parented it with the ring.

Also Visleaf optimization, basically the map runs allot faster, I would show a before and after, but to get the portal file would have taken an infinite time to compile, that’s how bad it was.

Download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/u243vxaqj2secku/eft_spacejump_b2fix.bsp

***JUST TO NOTE I Am NOT THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF THIS MAP.

• The new version is eft_spacejump_b2fix.

Fixed non-turning goal triggers and spawn exploits.

Basically the spawn exploit is that you can stand in your spawn, without resetting the ball, and score.
    This was fixed with a simple trigger that resets the ball.

Also fixed the goals, they used to not rotate with the ring, and for some reason were bulging out by 32 units, causing people to score without ever getting inside the ring,
    I fixed this by making the goal trigger smaller and parented it with the ring.

Also Visleaf optimization, basically the map runs allot faster, I would show a before and after, but to get the portal file would have taken an infinite time to compile, that’s how bad it was.

Download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/u243vxaqj2secku/eft_spacejump_b2fix.bsp

***JUST TO NOTE I Am NOT THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF THIS MAP.

• Good work on fixing this map Limesta, now the goals aren’t bs. Now all this map needs is 10 more Timerollers. :ohmy:

• Did you make everything a detail brush or did you use the no vis compile option to optimize?

The reason I’m asking is that the map is so open and it doesn’t seem like it would benefit from visleafs in anyway.

• @ChiRaeDisk:

Did you make everything a detail brush or did you use the no vis compile option to optimize?

The reason I’m asking is that the map is so open and it doesn’t seem like it would benefit from visleafs in anyway.

The “complex” geometry of the spawns’ arc caused a giant lag in certain areas, I turned the whole map into details.

• World Geometry doesn’t cause lag.

• @Limesta:

The “complex” geometry of the spawns’ arc caused a giant lag in certain areas, I turned the whole map into details.

Except that giant arc though…  ???

• After over a year of not playing EFT i noticed u guys fixed that little map i made– i was really bad at stuff back then and didnt know how to parent triggers… xD – Gj i’ve heard it is really popular to this day…

• @ReaM:

Except that giant arc though…  ???

The arc did cause lag during visleaf transfers because you could literally shift between 5 visleafs in moments.
    @Xeon897:

After over a year of not playing EFT i noticed u guys fixed that little map i made– i was really bad at stuff back then and didnt know how to parent triggers… xD – Gj i’ve heard it is really popular to this day…

Get back to mapping! You may get another pot of gold.

• Yeah but that arc is still world brush. and shifting between 5 visleafs = lag  ??? wooden pc?
    There might’ve been error in compiling/laggenerator with that “arc floor brush” it was fully inside another brush(which is now func_detail)

• Any reason why this isn’t used? I feel like 25% of the goals on this map wouldn’t happen with better triggers.

• Game Admins

I’ll test and add it soon.

• Game Admins

I added it just now. Merry Christmas.

• Jump pads are wonky. 50% of the time they shoot you upwards

• The ones near the goals that send you towards the ball spawn?

• All of them, but yeah the ones that are near the goals are the biggest offenders. I’m not sure what the jump pads at the spawns are supposed to do other than just gently push you. Those seem pretty useless.

• They should be removed, IMO, as it’s faster to just jump directly down.

• I’ve gone ahead and fixed what was already improved upon for b2fix. Things fixed/updated include:

*Jump pads all work as intended now. The problem was the brush underneath the trigger sometimes clipped with the player whilst in mid-air. I’ve fixed the problem by making them all non-solid. I also added 2 new jump pads near the rings to get to the upper level.

*The jump pads at spawn now automatically send you to the inner platform. Everybody did this anyway, so now I just made it automatic. (also to avoid conflicting with the new jump pads)

*Speed ball time decreased from 15 to 10 seconds, making it less OP. This will still put you in scoring range, however now the defending team actually has a chance to stop you near the ring.

*Parented trigger_hurt to the rings to stop people from getting inside and stopping the rotation of the ring and preventing potential scores.

*Redid how the player spawns were, bringing them away from the back wall and adding a second row in front of that.

*Added actual light sources to the light props. This is mainly for aesthetics, however.

*Some texture adjustments. Spawns and ring area now have matching colors, with them also having a metal grate SFX when ran across.

*More optimizations.

eft_spacejump_b3 download link here.

• Game Admins

Also yes.

• Update: eft_spacejump_v1

Its been awhile since I’ve felt that this map had needed a visual overhaul since the textures weren’t the greatest and for whatever reason whenever I played it the word that came to mind was clunky. Well now since the map has a new sheath it actually looks like space! yay

Changes and Features:

-Texture upgrades of course.

-Lighting changes.

-Point_Tesla effect on score.

-More groovy music.

-Brushes still sticking out by the ramp for gameplay purposes.

Pics or it Didn’t Happen:

^New Point Tesla Feature

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDOdV4XtYpNcXJZRWVUWTRWYms/view?usp=sharing

I swear this is packed correctly– I actually tested this time ^-^

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.