EFT Pickup Suggestions - Clothesline/Bananas

• Clothesline: A tag team pickup which can be used to fuck up multiple players when used properly. The two players using the rope can stretch it farther by moving away from each other and shorten the length to fit through smaller areas by doing the opposite. The line snaps after 5 uses. How pickup works is one player picks it up and another presses E on him which activates the full potential of the item. Running with the rope slows you down a great amount when alone. With two people you run slightly slower than full speed.

The Original Banana Cluster: A banana bunch that splits up into four single pieces when it hits something. You can only slip on bananas if you’re sprinting.

• Clothesline: A tag team pickup which can be used to fuck up multiple players when used properly. The two players using the rope can stretch it farther by moving away from each other and shorten the length to fit through smaller areas by doing the opposite. The line snaps after 5 uses. How pickup works is one player picks it up and another presses E on him which activates the full potential of the item. Running with the rope slows you down a great amount when alone. With two people you run slightly slower than full speed.

The Original Banana Cluster: A banana bunch that splits up into four single pieces when it hits something. You can only slip on bananas if you’re sprinting.

• I quite like these ideas. Though I reckon the player limit on the ‘clothesline’ should be limited to three or at most 4,  not 5 (or a % of current player count).

I would personally make it so the rope needs to be at max range (tight) in order to knock people over,  on top of this,  movement of one rope holder affects the movement of another,  so there’s some difficulty using it.

• The banana serves the same function as a mine. A better and more understandable item would be a single banana that you “deploy”.

The “clothesline” is just a mess in practice.

• Yeah you’re right it wouldn’t really workout like it does on paper. I started off with an idea that upgrades your ramming ability in trade off for shitty turning speed.

An offshoot from the original idea would be some giant bull horns that allow you to slam people six feet to your left or right but you couldn’t turn until you stopped. Hitting people with your horns also wouldn’t slow you down like normal ramming would achieve and since it’s not an item that you throw the pickup would degrade after some uses.

‘Bull horns’  are much simpler than the 'Clothesline" and achieve the same effect I was going for.

Also could someone move to this to the suggestion box where it belongs I guess.

• Better idea would be a banana that you eat (which heals you). After eating you toss it over your shoulder and becomes a banana peel that enemies slip on in a comic manner.

• Right clicking while sprinting with the banana should throw it over your shoulder to dispatch people chasing you.

Right clicking while standing should serve a mine functionality where you throw/plant it somewhere.

• Rofl, this is perfect, the clothesline would be great to block off routes like in spacejump. The banana thing is spectacular too.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.