ZS - Gaben Strikes Again: Electric Boogaloo

• This was a rather old project of mine from a long while ago. Over time I slowly started to procrastinate working on this until nothing further went into it. After thinking about it today I decided to continue working on it, but I figured I would release the part I did end up completing.

It seems I don’t have a way to force certain parameters like disabling autoplay and looping, so the video will automatically start to play when the page loads. You can right click on the video, and then click “Show Controls”, and that will let you pause/rewind/etc. Your mouse also has to be on top of the video otherwise you will hear no sound.

http://codebrainshideout.net/files/gaben_part1.webm

• This was a rather old project of mine from a long while ago. Over time I slowly started to procrastinate working on this until nothing further went into it. After thinking about it today I decided to continue working on it, but I figured I would release the part I did end up completing.

It seems I don’t have a way to force certain parameters like disabling autoplay and looping, so the video will automatically start to play when the page loads. You can right click on the video, and then click “Show Controls”, and that will let you pause/rewind/etc. Your mouse also has to be on top of the video otherwise you will hear no sound.

http://codebrainshideout.net/files/gaben_part1.webm

• Ow, that desk.

• reminiscent of nemo’s videos

needs more vocal reactions

• @God-King:

reminiscent of nemo’s videos

needs more vocal reactions

The idea was to follow within the same style, as it’s what makes the videos actually funny to watch. By having the music control the timeline, it basically makes the movie.

I may enable microphones when creating the next video, but I would believe that the sudden cut out of “OH MY GOD WHAT JUST HAPPENED/etc” would ruin the scene. I’m not sure if Nemo’s gaben videos would be better or not if voices were enabled (I don’t remember if he voluntarily chose to disable voices or the videos were made when the servers had voice chat disabled so…)

• I hoped it wouldn’t end but then it did

• @CodeBrain:

The idea was to follow within the same style, as it’s what makes the videos actually funny to watch. By having the music control the timeline, it basically makes the movie.

I may enable microphones when creating the next video, but I would believe that the sudden cut out of “OH MY GOD WHAT JUST HAPPENED/etc” would ruin the scene. I’m not sure if Nemo’s gaben videos would be better or not if voices were enabled (I don’t remember if he voluntarily chose to disable voices or the videos were made when the servers had voice chat disabled so…)

It all comes down to what you decide on for a theme, if any. If you pick up anyone reacting wildly on mic to a gaben, it’s worth keeping. Otherwise it’s all about the music. Good effort on the video. I would say focus on cutting down the time it takes to see the gaben, and focus on camera placement and lining up your shots with the rule of thirds.

I try to go for a more realistic approach, with adding depth of field, motion blur, changing the framerate to 24 like film, and then bringing the fov down to mid 50’s. The lower fov value makes everyone seem much more lifelike.  That’s just what my style is though. It’s great to see someone else taking a shot at making compilation videos.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.