Changes:
    -Visual overhaul
    -Moved the spawnpoints from behind the goal to in front of it
    -You can score by throwing the ball between the goal posts
    -Adjusted death pits so the ball can reset properly
    -Removed obstacles like the bleachers, rocks and trees
    -Added a death pit behind each goal

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?d6rmwjciwrgjqcb

• Overall, I like it. The aesthetic changes are nice, and I think goal post scoring should be interesting.

I have a couple things that could be changed. You might want to adjust the goal trigger since you can score by hitting the bottom bar on the goal posts. Also, having the spawn points in front of the goal could disrupt the flow of the game. The ball carrier could have someone spawn in them or in front of them just as they are about to score. Just some minor issues to think about.

• that looks good, bloodbowl needs to be updated lol like the textures for the rocks and the pit behind the goal, looks good man.

• Someone is back into mapping! Lately there has been a spurr of newcoming mappers and old players have started rejoining, great to see you map.

LET THE NEW AGE OF FOOTBALL COMMENCE!

good work tho.

• you should bring back the bleachers for some sick bloodbowl passes

• A potential update here could involve adding the team logos/script to the end zones, adding the EFT logo from Cinema at the 50 yard line, and making the field goal trigger smaller (you can trigger a goal but have the ball just bounce off the uprights)

• Administrators

I’ve fixed that already just haven’t uploaded the fix yet.

• Has there been much of an improvement with overall scenery on the map? It just looks like a football field on a flat terrain of grass for a “blood bowl”

I’d love to add in some stands if no one objects.

• As in something similar to Soccer and Baseball Dash? It would be cool to have this look more like a college stadium than just the mountain skybox, but neither effect gameplay really. (unless you meant the bleacher props used on the old versions)

• Im honestly imagining a 0 shaped ring around what the map already is, make it look like some gladiator type fight to the death style stadum, not an already used sporty one.

For christ sake, stick to the names concept, BLOODBOWL

• Yet ofcourse it’ll keep its footbal theme, just a bit more miscivious is all when it comes to the ring, theres acid pits already

• Inspired by what Jacky said, and an Emirates Stadium map shown to me by high fructose corn syrup, I’ve replaced the skybox with the stadium from that map (amongst other texture updates). If it’s ok with you, Darker One, I can polish it up even more and release it.

• Administrators

You got rid of the blood decals which was supposed to show the center of the map and where the ball drops.

And if you’re updating it without using my vmf you might want to thin the goal post triggers since I didn’t release the update that fixes scoring by touching the bottom bar.

• I was going to put the EFT logo decal in the center where the ball spawns, just didn’t get around to it yet. As for the field goal triggers, I’ve already made them thin enough so that the ball has to actually go through the posts, but I’ll do what you said too.

• Nice job dude, it looks even better than what I imagined.

• Updated it some more since, but it’s still a WIP. Anybody think the grass texture could be replaced again? I don’t seem to mind it, but a few others have.

• Administrators

It looks like a green low res cloud filter. Change it to one of the default grass.

• Yeah, it did lol. This should be better. (hope I’m not going overboard with the screenshots, I’ll enclose them into hyperlinks if that’s the case)

• over the updates bloodbowl has turned from my personal worst map to my personal nearly best map. i love the detail you put in it, and the grass definitely needed a change. the new grass you put fits the light environment and gives a fresh taste of the map. i like it, keep up the good work.

edit: also, seeing that a part of the skybox includes a small dark path/entrance in the middle of the bleachers, it would be a good idea if you moved it at a lower floor and make it so that if the ball is thrown towards it, it gets teleported to the corresponding path of the other side of the map with the same force, if not slightly more, just so to change the roam of the current game. something like a ball portal whatsoever.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.