Mouse pad

• Looking for a new mouse pad, preferably a “gaming” one.

What are you guys using/recommend.

edit: my current mouse pad, i think my dad got it free from some IT conference like 8 years ago.

• Looking for a new mouse pad, preferably a “gaming” one.

What are you guys using/recommend.

edit: my current mouse pad, i think my dad got it free from some IT conference like 8 years ago.

• CimotA keeps recommending me the Razer mat

• Still using this one, never really saw the point in buying an expensive one.

• @Samuel:

CimotA keeps recommending me the Razer mat

It is the razer goliathus extended control edition. I got it because it feels nice and it fits my table.
    You should get a mousemat with the same texture. You don’t need a razer one.

My mouse slides across the surface and doesn’t slow down or have as much friction as the normal pads.
    Here is the texture of the speed edition which is basically a normal mouse mat, slows down your mouse.

Here is the texture of the control edition, which I have. Minimal friction.

Don’t ever get a steelpad or icemat. I’ve been through that age.

@Benjy:

Still using this one, never really saw the point in buying an expensive one.

That is the difference between someone who actually plays games and someone who just plays casually.
    I mean, you can play competitively with a normal mousemat, but that free mousemat shit? holy shit do you play with 10 mouse sensitivity in source games?

• I use 2x

No space for Razer goliathus  :cry:.

• @ReaM:

I use 2x

No space for Razer goliathus  :cry:.

I have the same one lying around.  I found it hard to use in games like tribes where you have to lead your bullets and my mouse would just dig into the mousepad

• @AtomiC:

That is the difference between someone who actually plays games and someone who just plays casually.
    I mean, you can play competitively with a normal mousemat, but that free mousemat shit? holy shit do you play with 10 mouse sensitivity in source games?

I actually play with it set to 8, using a wireless keyboard and mouse on my laptop. I cloned a gamer version of myself, he had that steel series mat.

• @Benjy:

Still using this one, never really saw the point in buying an expensive one.

Same

• I once tried to play cs:go with 3500 dpi and ~8 sens.  :uglylaugh:. gotta rotate fast

• I have the QcK+. Don’t know what kind of mouse AtomiC has, or how heavy handed he is, but it works really well for me with a g400 mouse (a mouse with good feet).

Having said that, just buy what JetBoom posted, it probably works just as well or better and all you’ll be doing is paying extra for the steelseries logo (or any brand thats known for sponsoring competitive gaming). I have no complaints with it what so ever, but I know you could probably get a similar surface for cheaper, i won mine in a mini competition.

• @Elite:

I have the QcK+. Don’t know what kind of mouse AtomiC has, or how heavy handed he is, but it works really well for me with a g400 mouse (a mouse with good feet).

Having said that, just buy what JetBoom posted, it probably works just as well or better and all you’ll be doing is paying extra for the steelseries logo (or any brand thats known for sponsoring competitive gaming). I have no complaints with it what so ever, but I know you could probably get a similar surface for cheaper, i won mine in a mini competition.

I have the deathadder 2013. It’s lightweight and similar to the intellimouse 3.0 I had. Claw grip.

• Banned

Is there really some reason to use a mousepad? I havent used one in like 10 years.

• lower friction, reliable tracking.

• @AtomiC:

I have the deathadder 2013. It’s lightweight and similar to the intellimouse 3.0 I had. Claw grip.

I see what you mean after changing grip. But then I’ve used palm grip for so long i’m probably pressing too hard.

EDIT: forgot to edit last post

• The problem with palm grip is less precision due to having your whole hand on the mouse rather than the tip of your fingers.

Imagine an industrial robot arm, with claw grip you get an extra joint at the end where you can move your crosshair into position. You move your fingers rather than your whole arm.

• I have a bog standard blue fabric mouse pad from a nothing brand and has no special functions for anything, in my opinion all this fancy mouse pad crap means nothing.

Good luck on finding a pad though.

• its all the same shit. theres literally almost no noticeable difference than that ultra mega razor badass mousepad to my stolen office one which has its paint scraped off from decades of extensive use.
    not using a mousepad is pretty shitty though, just feels messed up. basically its like buying bottled water vs tap water

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.