Want Music? Size Over 15MB Instantly? A solution! [maybe]

• I have noticed with many mappers when creating their maps the map itself becomes gigantic with music. I found this an issue, as I am always for map optimization and file shrinking, when I was finally adding music to my map as I would get an MP3 File with over 8MB/Minute.

I have found a solution though! By lowering the quality of the audio!
    This may be bewildering to some, but after some audio testing there is minimal difference for me.

To lower the bit-rate there are many ways, one way that I recommend using http://media.io/ to lower the bit rate, select MP3 and choose the lowest to get 1.5MB/Minute. It has helped 3.5X!

Hope this helped with those big map sizes!
    Any suggestions you may have for lowering audio sizes? Suggest it below!

• I have noticed with many mappers when creating their maps the map itself becomes gigantic with music. I found this an issue, as I am always for map optimization and file shrinking, when I was finally adding music to my map as I would get an MP3 File with over 8MB/Minute.

I have found a solution though! By lowering the quality of the audio!
    This may be bewildering to some, but after some audio testing there is minimal difference for me.

To lower the bit-rate there are many ways, one way that I recommend using http://media.io/ to lower the bit rate, select MP3 and choose the lowest to get 1.5MB/Minute. It has helped 3.5X!

Hope this helped with those big map sizes!
    Any suggestions you may have for lowering audio sizes? Suggest it below!

• flicflac

• does not computes

• Use .ogg

• Just convert it to ogg vorbis. Same quality but infinitely better compression.

• OGG Works with Source? TIL

• @Limesta:

OGG Works with Source? TIL

Only garry’s mod.

• Hammer doesn’t pick up ogg.

• Write the whole string from the path

• Welp, it seems I have a problem with everything, doesn’t it?
    OGG not playing; along with MP3 and WAV Here are pics:

• You can’t play ogg in hammer but it should play when you put the map up.

By the way, all your file names should be in lower case. Not only because of linux but because of the workshop.

• @JetBoom:

You can’t play ogg in hammer but it should play when you put the map up.

By the way, all your file names should be in lower case. Not only because of linux but because of the workshop.

I mean it’s not playing in Gmod. I’ve changed it all to lowercase and PakRatted it too, it just is not working.

• New comment so people can see, I pakRatted wrong, it works now, needs to be pakratted

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.