[RELEASE] eft_Big_Daddys_Lair

• tl;dr I played eft enough to make my own map for it.

Notes

• I made the goal move from either grid in the ceiling with a 5 second rest at the center of each. There’s a sound file that counts each second it is stationary and another one that let’s you know that it’s moving.
    • There are melon-launchers that spawn in the second floor bunkers to shoot around the ball-spawn area.
    • Speed-ball zones are close to spawn for both offensive & defensive opportunities.

Download(fixed texture/sound issues)
    https://www.mediafire.com/?gm5lh2wtqm610wu

Screenshots

• tl;dr I played eft enough to make my own map for it.

Notes

• I made the goal move from either grid in the ceiling with a 5 second rest at the center of each. There’s a sound file that counts each second it is stationary and another one that let’s you know that it’s moving.
    • There are melon-launchers that spawn in the second floor bunkers to shoot around the ball-spawn area.
    • Speed-ball zones are close to spawn for both offensive & defensive opportunities.

Download(fixed texture/sound issues)
    https://www.mediafire.com/?gm5lh2wtqm610wu

Screenshots

• The lighting is nice.

• Tested it out with madden and some other regulars and it’s pretty well done. It really fits EFT.

• After playing this map with a few EFT regulars, I think the map has a nice flow for EFT and it was very fun. The map also looks great aesthetically.

• I like it. Hopefully we’ll see it on the server soon. I did have an issue with not loading some sound files.

This is what I got in the console:
    Failed to load sound “eft_big_daddys_lair\cavern.wav”, file probably missing from disk/repository
    Failed to load sound “eft_big_daddys_lair\rumble_stereo.wav”, file probably missing from disk/repository

Also, you should pakrat the tf2 content you use.

• You have to either use stock textures or pack in the tf2 content. The custom sounds are also missing.

• Try this tutorial (from the fast look i took i believe it’s a good tut) of how to use pakrat so you can fix the missing textures/sounds problem.
    Other than that, the map looks pretty nice, if you exclude the lights on the ground that are interrupting the running speed when you run over them. The design was also good with some nice maneuvers etc.

• i like the map, we were playing on it couple days ago. pretty well put together. will be a nice change if map gets added :biggrin:

• This map is very nice, sounds match and it gives that TF2 Feel which seems to sync with EFT’s.
    //EDIT:
    It’s been pakratted Don’t know if lerp changed link, but all textures work now I tested w/o TF2 Content Wrapping with Gmod

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.