A Low Gravity Concept Map [EFT]

• Hello Everyone! This past week I have been testing around with the concept of Low Gravity in Extreme FootBall Throwdown to see its effects in gameplay.

The map I made, eft_spacecargo_v1r, tests this concept with .8 of the default gravity.
    Gravity, as it stands, only effects clients and not NPC’s or props (so this includes the ball and watermelons).
    This is a concept map like I had stated in the title.
    A few notes:
    A few of the people who tested this with my in a small match have stated that the Low Gravity may hinder Gameplay Flow, yet to be fully tested.
    It is easier to catch the ball mid-air.
    Props are NOT AFFECTED
    Low Gravity does mean an easier time controlling while in the air.
    Please download and discuss to test it out!

Link to check it out Here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258657312

For the map itself, I will take any critiques you may have about it, just remember this is not the main point of this post, so don’t expect my immediate response.
    The map itself as a future release will have These Planned:
    Fans will go twice as fast as it is easy to score
    If Low Gravity is Removed in the final version add High-Risk Ramps to get up onto the crates
    Sound; For some reason some don’t hear ambiance loop, needs to be fixed.

• Hello Everyone! This past week I have been testing around with the concept of Low Gravity in Extreme FootBall Throwdown to see its effects in gameplay.

The map I made, eft_spacecargo_v1r, tests this concept with .8 of the default gravity.
    Gravity, as it stands, only effects clients and not NPC’s or props (so this includes the ball and watermelons).
    This is a concept map like I had stated in the title.
    A few notes:
    A few of the people who tested this with my in a small match have stated that the Low Gravity may hinder Gameplay Flow, yet to be fully tested.
    It is easier to catch the ball mid-air.
    Props are NOT AFFECTED
    Low Gravity does mean an easier time controlling while in the air.
    Please download and discuss to test it out!

Link to check it out Here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258657312

For the map itself, I will take any critiques you may have about it, just remember this is not the main point of this post, so don’t expect my immediate response.
    The map itself as a future release will have These Planned:
    Fans will go twice as fast as it is easy to score
    If Low Gravity is Removed in the final version add High-Risk Ramps to get up onto the crates
    Sound; For some reason some don’t hear ambiance loop, needs to be fixed.

• Simple trigger_push going straight up might “simulate” low gravity for props/etc. Not sure though… never tried to do such thing.

• @ReaM:

Simple trigger_push going straight up might “simulate” low gravity for props/etc. Not sure though… never tried to do such thing.

It wouldn’t be stable, the ABS_Push won’t work Either because it would either A:
    Fire Once
    Or B:
    Exponentially push it upwards
    Or I could have 1000000000 Triggers but that wouldn’t be particularly CPU Friendly.

Sometimes Source engine hates things.

• trigger_gravity can be used for players only, you can use phys_thruster for any props you have in the map.

Flags:

• [Yes] Ignore Pos

• [Yes] Start On

• [Yes] Apply Force

• [No] Apply Torque

• [No] Orient Locally

• [Yes] Ignore Mass

• @Benjy:

trigger_gravity can be used for players only, you can use phys_thruster for any props you have in the map.

Flags:

• [Yes] Ignore Pos

• [Yes] Start On

• [Yes] Apply Force

• [No] Apply Torque

• [No] Orient Locally

• [Yes] Ignore Mass

Ok, so that does with props, but what I meant by props was “Prop_Carry” Such ass the ball, sorry that I wasn’t very descriptive.

• You could try giving prop_ball a targetname and then assigning the phys_thruster to that.

• If you need to alter the gravity then i can give you entities to do so with.

• You can use trigger_vphysics_motion to control the gravity of physics objects.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Trigger_vphysics_motion

Sorry for this being late I found the entity out the other day and just thought about this.

• Thanks for the show of different ways to alter prop’s gravity, but maybe I didn’t really put the point of the map up a bit,
    But I was really wondering if you guys think the concept of low gravity for EFT is appropriate?
    As in, would it fit with the EFT theme?

• So when can we have ETF in a space station where there is no gravity at all?

• That would be possible if we could get down.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.