Lighting Issue… [FIXED]

• So with some brushes and stuff I made I have has this small lighting issue that maybe the community could help out on, it’s a weird contrast problem, no color correction or anything, this is from a single light source.
    Its the left box that looks silly.
    Any help?

EDIT: and it happens on all of them.

[EDIT FIX]
    So I found my issue, It had passed my mind, I forgot that VMT’s can be used to specify things such as textures emitting lights, I was using CS_Havana’s Light and I found that was the source.

The texture was interfering with my Dynamic light, thus Causing a pure bright light in the center and cancelling out the Light_Dynamics Effects.

So I had fixed my issue, Well for anyone who has this issue, just remember Those white lights can cause improper lighting.
    Also I was improperly using CC in my map, sigh CC Works, just user error.

• So with some brushes and stuff I made I have has this small lighting issue that maybe the community could help out on, it’s a weird contrast problem, no color correction or anything, this is from a single light source.
    Its the left box that looks silly.
    Any help?

EDIT: and it happens on all of them.

[EDIT FIX]
    So I found my issue, It had passed my mind, I forgot that VMT’s can be used to specify things such as textures emitting lights, I was using CS_Havana’s Light and I found that was the source.

The texture was interfering with my Dynamic light, thus Causing a pure bright light in the center and cancelling out the Light_Dynamics Effects.

So I had fixed my issue, Well for anyone who has this issue, just remember Those white lights can cause improper lighting.

• Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried smoothing groups?
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Smoothing_groups

• If those boxes are “props”: 1)use propper and add them as prop_physics(dynamics/static).
    2)try placing them 1-2 units above ground.

1. Unite yellow carcas with box into single entity.(Not by parenting)

• Ream, they arent props, but I’ll try smoothing groups
    Also since I am here, is it possible to enable Color Correction Editing in Gmod? Using -tools

Edit: No, no Effect.

• More shots in the dark
    -Mixing Attenuation
    -Creating a func_brush

• @Limesta:

Ream, they arent props, but I’ll try smoothing groups
    Also since I am here, is it possible to enable Color Correction Editing in Gmod? Using -tools

Edit: No, no Effect.

If those boxes are func_brushes or something similar, you could define a lighting origin if you don’t like the lighting on the box. Other than that i’m not exactly sure what’s going on with the lighting.

You can use the Color Correction UI in any Source game by going into console and typing “colorcorrectionui”. You need to place a color correction entity in Hammer first to get the color correction to work in GMod. Watch this informative video on how to implement Color Correction.

Color correction, when done right, can really make a map look great. Keep in mind, however, not everyone has color correction enabled.

• Place a very weak light source where the dark area is.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/615050604153636127/B30B2443C32339CBFF8BB06F62B21B3DD5D2A1C0/

This room would of been a lot darker if I didn’t use a dark blue light_spot. You could also try lowering the light-map scale and also try removing the wooden frame just to see if that’s any better as a test. Alternatively you can send me the vmf and I can have a far better look myself since this isn’t anything new to me.

• @Deathfire54:

If those boxes are func_brushes or something similar, you could define a lighting origin if you don’t like the lighting on the box. Other than that i’m not exactly sure what’s going on with the lighting.

You can use the Color Correction UI in any Source game by going into console and typing “colorcorrectionui”. You need to place a color correction entity in Hammer first to get the color correction to work in GMod. Watch this informative video on how to implement Color Correction.

Color correction, when done right, can really make a map look great. Keep in mind, however, not everyone has color correction enabled.

I’ll have to look into the lighting origin, but also ColorCorrection UI doesn’t work  for me in Gmod, I guess I’ll have to port it over to CS:GO to modify it and implement the RAW in to the final compile, if you have looked at TOpHats V2 series, he notes that CCUI using -tools doesn’t work in all source games. I was wondering if there was a workaround.

I will have to try second-hand Light sources

• Did you try to mix the attenuation?

Test different ratios of constant linear and quadratic.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Constant-Linear-Quadratic_Falloff

• @Limesta:

I’ll have to look into the lighting origin, but also ColorCorrection UI doesn’t work  for me in Gmod, I guess I’ll have to port it over to CS:GO to modify it and implement the RAW in to the final compile, if you have looked at TOpHats V2 series, he notes that CCUI using -tools doesn’t work in all source games. I was wondering if there was a workaround.

I will have to try second-hand Light sources

I’m using GMod on normal settings (no -tools) and my color correction ui works fine. But if you want to use another game to get your color correction working, that’s fine.

Here’s the wiki entry on info_lighting.

But you could also take ChiRaeDisk’s and Pufulet’s advice and use a soft light to balance out the lighting.

• So I found my issue, It had passed my mind, I forgot that VMT’s can be used to specify things such as textures emitting lights, I was using CS_Havana’s Light and I found that was the source.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.