Something we REALLY need to address before the server goes back up

• Game Admins

Compiling took forever to happen.  It was done at most weekly, when we were adding stuff in daily, and we usually needed a compile every day or so, especially to fix bugs.  We need to have a system in place that allows the developers to compile the server when it’s required.  When it was being compiled weekly, stuff started to break and nobody knew what it was because at that point nobody even remembered what was added in.

• Game Admins

Compiling took forever to happen.  It was done at most weekly, when we were adding stuff in daily, and we usually needed a compile every day or so, especially to fix bugs.  We need to have a system in place that allows the developers to compile the server when it’s required.  When it was being compiled weekly, stuff started to break and nobody knew what it was because at that point nobody even remembered what was added in.

• I have enough basic (non-SS13) knowledge to setup a build system that goes off whenever it detects an SVN or git change, but I don’t have a spare box to put it on.

If your complaint is the compile TIMES then I can’t help you there.

• Game Admins

@commandhat:

I have enough basic (non-SS13) knowledge to setup a build system that goes off whenever it detects an SVN or git change, but I don’t have a spare box to put it on.

If your complaint is the compile TIMES then I can’t help you there.

suggest it to JetBoom, he’s the big bad boss as I don’t actually HOST the server

and no, the compile times have improved 100x since BYOND 500

I can actually interact with Dream Maker while it’s compiling, it doesn’t freeze anymore

• What really needs to be addressed:

What do you (or anyone else) want to see coded before it goes up?

• Fixes to the damage log so you can see things like syringe injections, also would be nice to see the health of the target who was attacked, since some people like to beat up corpses and you have no idea if they were murderbining or just beating up corpses in the morgue.

Also would be nice if you could make a fix so that the people who are banned from assistant are gorgified if they somehow still end up spawning as assistants.

Also, Space Suggestions forums seems to be locked or something, or at least I don’t seem to be able to reply on any of the topics in there.

• I would really like to see an automated Shuttle call/restart if X% of connected players are dead.
    After all, most of the time people leave because they are dead, not to mention it really sucks if you die when the server is empty and you just wanted to test our random crap.

Also, the burn damage could use a nerf, you keep on getting tons of damage even after you put the fire out.
    Welder bombs are pretty much guaranteed kill, unless they have extinguisher and firesuit or burn meds, and act fast.

• There’s currently only 1 coder. The rest aren’t reliable for various reasons.
    There is an economy system is moving along quite well (currently in testing).

There’s no other progress being made on ss13 that I know of and it doesn’t look like there are any goals to be met. If noxstation 13 is really going to go live, what hasn’t been addressed or what’s holding the process up currently?

• The main things that I request are :

1. all the unique NoX features back (i’m aware that they’re on they’re way back soon)
    2. a rules system that admins base most punishments on and that players can read whenever they want to so I don’t have to keep thinking “is this a legit kick/ban/jobban reason or am i being dumb?”

• http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=18522.0

I find that covers most situations in terms of punishments other than use of common sense. As for set ‘rules’ we have some up on the wiki.

EDIT: http://heavy.noxiousnet.com/wiki/index.php?title=Game_Rules_(SS13)

• oh, and also can you PLEASE raise the “play global sound” file limit again? i’d rather not re-compress .ogg files as its too much hassle

• @CobyB:

oh, and also can you PLEASE raise the “play global sound” file limit again? i’d rather not re-compress .ogg files as its too much hassle

You could,  you know, just not play ‘space jam’ every time you join the server.

• Damn i hate that song, I actually rejoin when its playing to get rid of it.

• @SirMichael:

You could,  you know, just not play ‘space jam’ every time you join the server.

i have other songs you know

• @CobyB:

i have other songs you know

Like what? Think thay was the only thing I ever heard you play.

• @SirMichael:

Like what? Think thay was the only thing I ever heard you play.

thats because you were like never fucking on I have some nice quiet background songs too that I play in calm moments and I just have other songs ok

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.