Humans can't damage prop_physics?

• I noticed I couldn’t damage prop_physics and prop_physics_override as a human on the map I’m making.

It’s been a while since I played ZS and I haven’t been keeping track of the changelog so I wonder if there was a change made that makes it impossible for humans to destroy normally unbreakable physics props. I remember being alllowed to break physics props as a human if I hit them enough.

Wooden crates and other breakable props break fine, it’s just physics props.

• I noticed I couldn’t damage prop_physics and prop_physics_override as a human on the map I’m making.

It’s been a while since I played ZS and I haven’t been keeping track of the changelog so I wonder if there was a change made that makes it impossible for humans to destroy normally unbreakable physics props. I remember being alllowed to break physics props as a human if I hit them enough.

Wooden crates and other breakable props break fine, it’s just physics props.

• Administrators

Wooden crates are physics props.

• Game Admins

But wooden crates have a set “health” by default. I guess what he’s asking is if props like a metal chair should be able to be damaged by humans in the gamemode.

• Box walked me through this last night.

Physics props that AREN’T destructible have been made invulnerable to melee attacks (likely as an anti-griefing measure) a while back and I didn’t know about the change.

I was hitting benches and vending machines with a sledge but it wasn’t turning red.  Box told me to shoot a gun at it and I saw the yellow numbers fly off.

Count this question down as “SOLVED”

• Game Admins

That’s fine. We had assumed you meant all kinds of damage.

• Administrators

iirc that change is years old.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.