Does anyone still play SS13?

• Game Admins

Do any of you even play SS13 in general any more? After checking the public server list, SS13 seems to be pretty dead in general.  I’ve gotten atleast 20 requests so far to revive NoX station, but I’m not even going to bother if it has no playerbase (some people are even trying to mimic us at this point, absolutely no idea why they would)

If I were to revive it, it would use a completely fresh revision of the TG codebase, as well as completely new admins (for the most part) and I would also need a development team, even if it’s 1-3 people; as long as there are small features being added in occasionally.

If enough people honestly want me to bring it back, I will, but only if I’m sure the playerbase will be stable, and not a waste of my time.

• Game Admins

Do any of you even play SS13 in general any more? After checking the public server list, SS13 seems to be pretty dead in general.  I’ve gotten atleast 20 requests so far to revive NoX station, but I’m not even going to bother if it has no playerbase (some people are even trying to mimic us at this point, absolutely no idea why they would)

If I were to revive it, it would use a completely fresh revision of the TG codebase, as well as completely new admins (for the most part) and I would also need a development team, even if it’s 1-3 people; as long as there are small features being added in occasionally.

If enough people honestly want me to bring it back, I will, but only if I’m sure the playerbase will be stable, and not a waste of my time.

• On one hand its almost summer, so there is hope. On the other hand, just moving on isn’t that bad. If there was a server I would play it, but I cant really say if it will succeed or fail terribly. Its a huge gamble in my eyes and I would be surprised if it works.

• I pick up SS13 to make building projects and toy with the code in Liberty Station, but their admin shitlery makes it difficult to do anything that so much as scratches another player.

I’d play more often if NoX came back with the playerbase it had.

• If you can get it back to the way it was before the playercount died off I might have a reason to play ss13 again.

• These days i mostly join to grief or try my best to be an idiot. Some servers i join and do my job not many. If nox was up i would play it but not sure how often.

• I’d only play SS13 for NoX as it was generally the only server I had fun on.

If NoX returned I’d happily play on it and administrate for it again.

• I would definitely love a Nox SS13 server again, but I don’t see where you’re getting the idea that SS13 is dead. Servers still have upwards of 40-60 players a day, popular ones reaching 80+.

• Yes I started playing again on TG station. Saw a couple of familiar names that said they miss NoX so I dont think it will be dead if you bring it back… As long as the layout is tg station+NoX and NoX rules then there is no doubt in my mind that it will come back on top.

• Game Admins

I’ve been checking the SS13 server lists, yesterday I didn’t see a server have more than 38 players

Also, if it comes back, it’s probably going to use the very first map (forgot which one it was called)

• Yeah, it would be better to go back to the first map, though I personally prefer Metastation.

• –-

• @DoctorDrew:

I’ve been checking the SS13 server lists, yesterday I didn’t see a server have more than 38 players

Also, if it comes back, it’s probably going to use the very first map (forgot which one it was called)

its not dying at all. it keeps getting more and more players. mustve been a shitty time you looked up, because right now theres like 2 80 player servers and a ton of 40-20. basically just know that no matter what you do it wont go to waste because of lack of players

• I’d come back no matter the map and would probably make attempts at re-learning the game (because all my ss13 knowledge comes from Gibbed who changed fucking everthing), but we need a singulariy engine. That was what appeared to be the number one complaint whenever I played. Including the in-game complaints about the map.

probably because I’d sometimes place a singularity beacon in outer space to keep the singularity from ruining everyone’s rounds for engineer incompetence.

• Thought about just renting a server/vps and start from scratch but I’d want a balance that was slightly less chaotic. Just enough to where there isn’t so much subjectivity when it came to dealing with players but enough chaos to let people generally do what they want without somehow ruining the game for the rest of the server.

• If NoX were revived I would play SS13 again.

• @commandhat:

but we need a singularity engine.

I can’t agree more. When I popped on when there were no admins I instantly got a shit ton of a-helps asking “how do you even work the new generator?” or “where’s the singulo gone?”, etc, also yes, we should switch back to the old station, while I liked metastation, the map was just too glitchy, the AI core was too vunerable, and the captain’s room was waayyy too easy to get into.

• Administrators

Just revert it back to the time when you had 80-100 people on every day. Why start over?

SVN literally has a feature for this.

• Why did we switch to Metastation and the Thermal Engine in the first place? Boxstation was just fine.

• Additionally, I want to know why we had such strict rules in place when we advertised ourselves as relaxed.

For example:

You can’t kill people unless one or more of the following is true:
    -You are a traitor.
    -They attacked you first, and recently.
    -They are the Clown, it’s more then 5 minutes into the round.
    -They have openly declared themselves a brony in some way.

You will lose your ability to select your current job (or others) if you do any of the following:
    -Grief.
    -Grief command staff.
    -Kill people.
    -Be shitcurity.
    -Loose the singularity if there is one.
    -Set plasma fires.
    -Complain about admin events (in the case of bad admins).
    -Leave the station early as a head.

Notice the second list is much longer than the first. How is this relaxed?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.