The fuck's with the jumping?

• Jumping in the deathrun server is atrociously bad. You can’t bhop, you can’t even jump normally, also the jump distance is very low and you will most likely die in most of the maps from this.
    I’d understand if the owner of the server didn’t like players who bhop, but I’m probably sure that’d be a good way to make everyone happy in the server.
    Don’t get me wrong though, I love the bobbing effect, I love the hud, the models, the scythe; everything. Just the actual gameplay needs a bit of modification.
    And yet I created this account just to voice my suggestion because I really think it would make the server 100x better.
    If you’re not sure on what to change then just ask me and I’ll copy you the default settings for bhopping so you can paste them somewhere in the server.cfg or something.
    Thanks for reading, Divii.

• Jumping in the deathrun server is atrociously bad. You can’t bhop, you can’t even jump normally, also the jump distance is very low and you will most likely die in most of the maps from this.
    I’d understand if the owner of the server didn’t like players who bhop, but I’m probably sure that’d be a good way to make everyone happy in the server.
    Don’t get me wrong though, I love the bobbing effect, I love the hud, the models, the scythe; everything. Just the actual gameplay needs a bit of modification.
    And yet I created this account just to voice my suggestion because I really think it would make the server 100x better.
    If you’re not sure on what to change then just ask me and I’ll copy you the default settings for bhopping so you can paste them somewhere in the server.cfg or something.
    Thanks for reading, Divii.

• This jump limiting thing was introduced across all noxiousnet servers some time ago because 1 player was able to bhop with a 30 tick. So if there’s anyone to blame, it’s dude.

• A guest to noxiousnet has no idea who dude is and the jump limit is specific to Zombie Survival. Both multiplayer TV and Deathrun have a built-in bhop system so you just hold space to bhop.

• I’m dumb.

• @Humin:

I’m dumb.

no you’re not c:

• Think you have the wrong server or an (illegal) script is interfering. You can just hold spacebar on deathrun and it auto bunny hops.

• Jumping was not an issue for years until dude showed up.
    Now that he is snailed and never here could you reduce the delay between jumps in zs.

• If I may ask,
    who’s Dude?

@JetBoom:

Think you have the wrong server or an (illegal) script is interfering. You can just hold spacebar on deathrun and it auto bunny hops.

And I don’t have any scripts/hotkeys in Gmod and even less for bhopping, I am quite decent at bunny hopping since I started in css like 2 years ago and I still had a lot of difficulty jumping. The problem isn’t the jumping to be honest, it’s the fact that you can’t jump to your left or your right, it like completely goes straight and it’s extremely hard to make more than 1 consecutive jump. Also, I’m not the only one experiencing this since everyone in the server (at that time) had the same issue. And the jumping distance is a bit lower than the normal.
    Last thing: This is in the Noxious Deathrun server :l

• Jumping distance is a bit lower comparing to other gmod servers or to css?

• I just tried it myself and nothing is out of the ordinary. There’s some custom movement code going around that a lot of servers use but we don’t. I noticed that  you can’t go left or right if you’re in mid-air and holding forward, but just not holding forward gets around it (this is how I’ve bunny hopped in all source games so I think this is intended). The jump height (power) is set to 190.

• @Sun:

Jumping was not an issue for years until dude showed up.
    Now that he is snailed and never here could you reduce the delay between jumps in zs.

This, jumping is way less efficient now.

• Why do we need efficient jumping again?

• @Elite:

Why do we need efficient jumping again?

Because ZE maps are designed with this in mind.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.