[NOX] Toggleable option to display hidden emote prompts

• I’d like an option to make emotes that are typically parsed out of chat display normally. People tend to spam emotes that are hidden because they know that especially in a crowd it’s impossible to tell who is going overboard.

• I’d like an option to make emotes that are typically parsed out of chat display normally. People tend to spam emotes that are hidden because they know that especially in a crowd it’s impossible to tell who is going overboard.

• This would be good for the spam and also for the emotes that don’t show for phrases that are normally pretty basic and could be useful for conversation.

• Good way to make BOX take up half the chat.

• Emote spam officially endorsed by NoXiousNet.com

A new age of emote spam is upon us!

Emotes aren’t even the problem here, it’s the person who is annoyed by them, and they don’t want to disable them via nox_chatbox_ignore_emotes.

Don’t struggle honey, my suggestion to that is:

[header]nox_chatbox_emote_time[/header]nox_chatbox_emote_time n (seconds)
    A cvar/slider in options to apply a cooldown after an emote is played, this will be clientsided, and will only limit emotes you hear from other players.

0 for no cooldown, a timer of 5 seconds will allow you to hear one emote per 5 second from other players.

• Banned

Emotes aren’t even the problem here, it’s the person who is annoyed by them, and they don’t want to disable them via nox_chatbox_ignore_emotes.

The problem is that you need to be emote banned…

• Just changed

IsAdmin() -> IsSuperAdmin()

in a couple of key places.

• And suddenly the monkeys stopped gibbering.

• Hooray.

• @JetBoom:

Just changed

IsAdmin() -> IsSuperAdmin()

in a couple of key places.

Thanks, this solved the problem pretty much entirely.

Would it be possible to keep the text based spam filter off but keep emotes limited, or are they the same thing?  Being able to use chat to explain things/get people’s attention without ‘You only spam yourself, moron.’ popping up is helpful, and I type quickly.

• You don’t need it. You can display a clean, understandable message twice in the same time it takes the first message to disappear out of the chatbox.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.