[RELEASE/UPDATED] zs_cyanide_vixed

• Big thanks to CodeBrain for his great ideal inputs and everyone who helped testing the map(Nano, Maou, Mado, Code and Nukkun).
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A new mediocre house map I concluded not so very long ago. It’s originally based from my old map zs_asc_house6, but redesigned from scratch.

Few Details:

• house with several rooms(bathroom, kitchen, living room, attic and 4 bedrooms)
    • garage next to house with two rooms
    • zombie spawn areas on each side of map
    • fair amount of entrances
    • nice swimmming pool

[header]Download(updated since April. 1):[/header]
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/zs_cyanide_vixed11.zip

Description: An abandoned, contaminated and previously quarantined house located somewhere far away, isolated.
    The previous occupants(presumably an ordinary family) are probably buried in the yard or something…

[header]Changelog:[/header]
    (April 1, 2014)

• removed and changed zombie spawn behind garage, players can no longer cade it

(March 13, 2014)

• fixed invisible ladder textures by applying func_detail
    • extended and changed kitchen window, now enterable by regular zombies
    • extended the main attic entrance (bigger hole and two ladders instead of a single)
    • added ladder to garage roof since the other passage was too inconspicuous for zombies
    • removed some props that were too accumulated in a room
    • added two new entrances to the living room (a breakable window and a door leading to the middle room)
    • most importantly, absolutely all rooms have at least two entrances now
    • map name changed from zs_cyanide to zs_cyanide_vixed (not a typo)

(Shortly after thread was created)

• changed and replaced displacement geometrics due to internal issues(the small ground hills in other words)
    • the glass in the four panel windows has been split into four individual pieces(strength on each is 20, designed for headcrabs)
    • attic window glass reduced from 500 health to 250
    • added a very few board planks props to the attic, little gift for the caders who likes to use them
    • fixed a small external hole caused by nodraw texture(thanks to pufulet)

Screenshots(darker areas are exaggerated in screenshots compared to in-game for some reason):

• Big thanks to CodeBrain for his great ideal inputs and everyone who helped testing the map(Nano, Maou, Mado, Code and Nukkun).
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A new mediocre house map I concluded not so very long ago. It’s originally based from my old map zs_asc_house6, but redesigned from scratch.

Few Details:

• house with several rooms(bathroom, kitchen, living room, attic and 4 bedrooms)
    • garage next to house with two rooms
    • zombie spawn areas on each side of map
    • fair amount of entrances
    • nice swimmming pool

[header]Download(updated since April. 1):[/header]
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/zs_cyanide_vixed11.zip

Description: An abandoned, contaminated and previously quarantined house located somewhere far away, isolated.
    The previous occupants(presumably an ordinary family) are probably buried in the yard or something…

[header]Changelog:[/header]
    (April 1, 2014)

• removed and changed zombie spawn behind garage, players can no longer cade it

(March 13, 2014)

• fixed invisible ladder textures by applying func_detail
    • extended the main attic entrance (bigger hole and two ladders instead of a single)
    • added ladder to garage roof since the other passage was too inconspicuous for zombies
    • added two new entrances to the living room (a breakable window and a door leading to the middle room)

(Shortly after thread was created)

• changed and replaced displacement geometrics due to internal issues(the small ground hills in other words)
    • the glass in the four panel windows has been split into four individual pieces(strength on each is 20, designed for headcrabs)
    • attic window glass reduced from 500 health to 250
    • added a very few board planks props to the attic, little gift for the caders who likes to use them
    • fixed a small external hole caused by nodraw texture(thanks to pufulet)

Screenshots(darker areas are exaggerated in screenshots compared to in-game for some reason):

• looks generic

• It is.

And I’ll look into that Pufulet, nice spotted.
    EDIT: the hole was caused by a nodraw texture going one line too far, it is fixed now

• Use woodwall048d for the garage area

• New update and thanks for giving my map a chance!

Needless to say, after playing it a couple of times on the official server I realized there had to be some small changes.
    The map was a little easy because of the amount of props, however this version has balanced it out with additional entrances etc.

[header]Comprehensive Changelog - March 13 01:20 AM[/header]

• easter egg

• The new ladder textures I created didn’t have func_detail in the latest version of the map (invisible ladder texture in other words).

My bad for this foolish mistake. Hope you haven’t added the new version yet, I saw you downloaded it.
    I’ll fix this ASAP and provide a new downloading link including the contemporary date.

EDIT: fixed invisible ladder textures by applying func_detail, new download link provided(filesmelt).

• Update: removed and changed zombie spawn, players can no longer cade it

New download link is provided(zs_cyanide_vixed1).

• @Mittens:

The new ladder textures I created didn’t have func_detail in the latest version of the map (invisible ladder texture in other words).

My bad for this foolish mistake. Hope you haven’t added the new version yet, I saw you downloaded it.
    I’ll fix this ASAP and provide a new downloading link including the contemporary date.

EDIT: fixed invisible ladder textures by applying func_detail, new download link provided(filesmelt).

func_ladder maybe?

• It’s already fixed, problem was ladder texture not showing. :)

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.