[UPDATE] zs_splinter_v2

• zs_splinter 75.5MB
    This is the map that if I had to redo my first ever map would be which is why the name.
    [header]Links[/header]

[header]Description[/header]

• Standard survival map.

• Lots of challenging barricadable spots which range from metal shacks, houses and a cave.

• Optimized.

• Episodic content packed, css still required.

• HDR, colour correction and cubemaps.

• Good compatibility for 4.0 zs.

• Crows.

More screenshots available on workshop.

• zs_splinter 75.5MB
    This is the map that if I had to redo my first ever map would be which is why the name.
    [header]Links[/header]

[header]Description[/header]

• Standard survival map.

• Lots of challenging barricadable spots which range from metal shacks, houses and a cave.

• Optimized.

• Episodic content packed, css still required.

• HDR, colour correction and cubemaps.

• Good compatibility for 4.0 zs.

• Crows.

More screenshots available on workshop.

• Those 2d trees in skybox, they seems to be too close.  Shiny map  :wub:

• not bad, i like the transition of atmosphere too

• That tree…. Even worce than nightmare

• Why is the terrain on picture 3 so blocky all of the sudden?

• bad at natural terrain

• Standing on the ledge above the cave produces the same blue screen effect as standing inside the cave.

• Use more card tree textures for 3d skybox to make different layers in the skybox. Will look better this way.

• @Jacky:

Standing on the ledge above the cave produces the same blue screen effect as standing inside the cave.

The map’s range of the CC affect is improperly developed then, what should have been used is a mix of HDR and CC to create an effect that makes the world outside bright and the cave dark with the blue Color Correction, and as they walk out he HDR fades and the color correction is set to fade in sync. causing this to not happen. There are settings but TBH I don’t feel like describing them.

//EDIT: Oh I re-read what you said, yeah to nullify that what should have been used is a Color Correction Trigger, I don’t know the name of it off the top of my head, but it uses a trigger to swap CC.

• zs_splinter_v2 66.6MB

[header]Links[/header]

The “Double fps” update.
    [header]Changelog[/header]

• Removed hdr.

• Decreased density of detail sprites by over 70%

• Some shadow control for certain props.

• Clipped first layer of cliffs all around the map apart from centre (z spawn).

• Chopped some trees down.

• Changed water from expensive to really cheap (no reflections).

• Compiled on normal for hints/visleafs optimization (1 hr 44 minutes).

• Improved optimization that already existed.

• Added stones, sledgehammer, stubber, battleaxe and a healthcharger in cave.

• Added a broken car and some more rocks in main house area in consideration of creeper nests.

• @Pufulet:

• Compiled on normal for hints/visleafs optimization (1 hr 44 minutes).

Do you normally not use the “normal” option when you’re compiling?

• Sometimes, when a map is open enough, having a massive amount of visleafs that are always visible is a shitty way to make a map.  I’m only guessing that he turned off the visleaf creation to allow it to compile faster and test all the features over and over again to fine tune the little things.  It also prevents lag in many cases.  This round (only guessing), he set custom visleafs with the skip and hint tool textures so as to not overdo things.  Correct me if I’m wrong.

• If there are large, open areas that don’t need complex visleaf calculations then you can use func_viscluster. It basically tells VVIS to not do a ton of calculations for the volume of the brush its in. This helps cut down compile time so it doesn’t take 2 hours to do. I guess compiling on fast is okay for this kind of map but generally I’d want to use normal to get the best optimization possible.

• @Deathfire54:

Do you normally not use the “normal” option when you’re compiling?

Apparently, the bad boy has been using fast for most of his maps, Benjy made him realise his mistake.

• I was actually opening hammer and looking up the name for the func so I could edit my comment and you beat me to it.

Edit:  I was looking for the workshop page in steam manually and found this in the search for zs_splinter alongside the map

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244141327

• blitzkrieg and any recent fixes, updates and released are normal vis now. thx benjy

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.