DayZ Standalone

• Couldn’t find a thread to discuss it besides where it trailed off in the Rust thread, so I’ll just leave this here.

Quite a few updates have dropped in the last month or so and added some nice content and fixed some bugs. Had quite a bit of fun finding new things and shooting people. Notable changes:

• Fall damage isn’t retarded anymore. Death happens around 15 meters and leg breaking happens around 5 meters, depending on how heavily loaded you are.

• Items in a “Ruined” state can generally not be used. I.E Ruined food and beverages cannot be consumed, ruined ammo cannot be loaded into magazines, and ruined magazines cannot be loaded with ammo (But they can be used in a weapon).
      • Some items have special tools that can be used to repair them, such as a Sewing Kit can be used to bring an item just below “Pristine” at “Worn”. They can be used multiple times, and each use degrades the kit. Once the kit is ruined, it is useless.
      • New weapons were added, including an SKS, a Double Barreled Rifle, a Double Barreled Shotgun, and a Sawn-Off shotgun that can be crafted from the latter using a hacksaw. Snaploaders were introduced to load double barreled weapons quickly with R instead of shuffling in your inventory for rounds in the middle of a firefight.
      • .357 Magnum not having any sounds was fixed, and a six round speedloader was added for it.
      • Various object can be spray-painted now using cans of paint. Currently all I’ve seen was black and green, and you can paint 5.56 CMAGs, the M4A1, most M4A1 Buttstocks, the Mosin 9130, and Motorcycle Helmets.
      • Damage to players is calculated differently. If items in your inventory takes damage from a bullet, (I.E, you get shot in the backpack by a player, and this damages several items in it) some of the damage of the bullet will be reduced when it hits you. Many protective objects are actually worth wearing as well, as long as they are in good condition. (A ballistic helmet saved me from being killed instantly, even though I was knocked unconsious. The player who shot me didn’t finish the job, so when I woke up, his back was turned on me while he was looting another player.)
      • Combat Logging was fixed and server-hopping was nerfed. When a player logs out, their character sits on the ground for 30 seconds before disappearing, so make sure you log out somewhere safe. If you change servers within 30 minutes of joining, a proportion of that time is added to a timer when you log into a different server. You have to wait a maximum of five minutes after connecting before you spawn.
      • Corpses disappearing at random times or directly after death was fixed. Corpses automatically clean up 10 minutes after death.
      • Supposedly there’s a Ruger 10/22 hunting rifle, however I’ve not found it or any ammunition for it yet.

I’ve had quite a bit of fun, and the game itself seems more enjoyable just sticking around the coast and finding people/loot. It may sound too optimistic, but the game looks hopeful at this point. Thoughts?

• Couldn’t find a thread to discuss it besides where it trailed off in the Rust thread, so I’ll just leave this here.

Quite a few updates have dropped in the last month or so and added some nice content and fixed some bugs. Had quite a bit of fun finding new things and shooting people. Notable changes:

• Fall damage isn’t retarded anymore. Death happens around 15 meters and leg breaking happens around 5 meters, depending on how heavily loaded you are.

• Items in a “Ruined” state can generally not be used. I.E Ruined food and beverages cannot be consumed, ruined ammo cannot be loaded into magazines, and ruined magazines cannot be loaded with ammo (But they can be used in a weapon).
      • Some items have special tools that can be used to repair them, such as a Sewing Kit can be used to bring an item just below “Pristine” at “Worn”. They can be used multiple times, and each use degrades the kit. Once the kit is ruined, it is useless.
      • New weapons were added, including an SKS, a Double Barreled Rifle, a Double Barreled Shotgun, and a Sawn-Off shotgun that can be crafted from the latter using a hacksaw. Snaploaders were introduced to load double barreled weapons quickly with R instead of shuffling in your inventory for rounds in the middle of a firefight.
      • .357 Magnum not having any sounds was fixed, and a six round speedloader was added for it.
      • Various object can be spray-painted now using cans of paint. Currently all I’ve seen was black and green, and you can paint 5.56 CMAGs, the M4A1, most M4A1 Buttstocks, the Mosin 9130, and Motorcycle Helmets.
      • Damage to players is calculated differently. If items in your inventory takes damage from a bullet, (I.E, you get shot in the backpack by a player, and this damages several items in it) some of the damage of the bullet will be reduced when it hits you. Many protective objects are actually worth wearing as well, as long as they are in good condition. (A ballistic helmet saved me from being killed instantly, even though I was knocked unconsious. The player who shot me didn’t finish the job, so when I woke up, his back was turned on me while he was looting another player.)
      • Combat Logging was fixed and server-hopping was nerfed. When a player logs out, their character sits on the ground for 30 seconds before disappearing, so make sure you log out somewhere safe. If you change servers within 30 minutes of joining, a proportion of that time is added to a timer when you log into a different server. You have to wait a maximum of five minutes after connecting before you spawn.
      • Corpses disappearing at random times or directly after death was fixed. Corpses automatically clean up 10 minutes after death.
      • Supposedly there’s a Ruger 10/22 hunting rifle, however I’ve not found it or any ammunition for it yet.

I’ve had quite a bit of fun, and the game itself seems more enjoyable just sticking around the coast and finding people/loot. It may sound too optimistic, but the game looks hopeful at this point. Thoughts?

• I like the progress they’re making, but what I’m really waiting for are vehicles and better optimization. Not so long ago, Rocket explained( at reddit AmA ) something about after concluding the architecture for items/weapons/attachments etc. they’d be focusing on vehicles. Less walking would be great

• I’d agree that there needs to be more methods of transportation, but with how lootspawns are right now, you don’t really need to be anywhere but Balota to Electro on the coast to get anything and everything you need.

Optimization is fuckhorrible though. I had to keep all my textures and shadows on low just so I can zoom in using the RMB without getting 5 frames with the transition.

• @LoneSoldier55:

That painting feature actually sounds quite good for identification purposes.

With the damaging items feature, does this mean you could load yourself up with junk to make crude armour?

• It might lessen the damage marginally, but I don’t think it would save you if you got sprayed down. You might survive a lucky shot from a handgun or long distance shot, but it’s not near as effective as pristine assault vests. There’s also a Stab-Proof police vest that gives you really good protection against melee from Zombies and Players.

Spraypainting is limited to Motorbike helmets, some weapons, and magazines right now, and there’s only Green and Black spraypaint. It pretty much changes the model of the weapon to a different colored one. In fact, if a Black M4A1 is on your hotbar, and you spraypaint it green, it makes a new weapon on the hotbar that you have to re-equip into the proper slot.

• Rocket dropped a full update not too long ago. Major pros:

• Added new calibers and firearms: CZ75 9mm, “Sporter” .22 Rifle, Amphibia Silenced .22 Handgun and respective mags and boxes of ammo

• Added an M1911 and respective mags
      • Added a new town to the map
      • Added makeshift medical buildings and police stations that now spawn in most towns
      • Press vest now comes in different colors
      • Players now get wet when standing in water or rain, which dampens them and their clothing/equipment
      • Players can now suffer from heart attacks (Declared as irregular heartbeat when checking pulse)
      • Players can check the pulse of bodies or unconscious players
      • Defibrillator will revive unconscious players for a short time
      • Epipherine injections will revive unconscious players for a short time, unless they’re having a heart attack
      • Water purification tablets now clean water
      • Rainwater can be caught inside canteens and waterbottles
      • Ballistic helmets, Fire Axes, SKSs, and Blaze 95 rifles can now be painted
      • United Nations version of ballistic helmet

Major Cons:

• Zombies have a crude respawning system in place which causes them to respawn five seconds after being killed and immediately track the player again.
      • Legs still breaking from angry building ghosts
      • Taking fall damage often results in ruined pants+items inside of them
      • Desync is still pretty bad
      • Zombies have an almost 90% chance to cause bleeding on hit
      • Weird bugs involving broken arms and subsequent instant death
      • Certain optical attachments on the M4 not working correctly, eye position is stuck below where the optic is

So far, it’s improving. The brand new experimental branch has a crossbow, but some weird one hit K.O bullshit going on with zombies.

• I own this game but I have no problem waiting a bit longer for them to get more done. It is a promising game, but I am afraid that they will have to work a bit faster if they want to keep people interested. Of course, they do what they can.

• I’d say if you’re looking to get into it but just don’t like the infrequent new content, you could try the experimental branch, which is pretty much updated with whatever shit they manage to finish whenever. Of course it has game-breaking bugs sometimes though.

• this game is awful unless you’re hacking

• It should have died a mod.

• im pretty disappointed from how they didnt fix combat logging

edit: well i actually found out it is fixed. now if they could get rid of the doubts of hackers this game would be boss

• why would you post a faggot video like that, even if you were trying to be ironic its beyond abysmal.

so much cancer.

also the game is still very bad.

• Last update they added the ability to throw one-handed objects (which takes place at extremely low frames on high server loads) and near useless crossbows.

• Well got this about a week or so ago and to be honest it’s fun. So how do you guys play? Hero, bandit, survivor, or Kos cus lolz I keeled  u.

• depends to who. if its some unarmed guy then i give him food or some trash. if its some rambo looking mother fucker i unload all i got on him and steal his ruined cans of food

• Kill anyone unconditionally unless I’m working with them.

Those little shit newspawns like to lag around, punch you in the head, knock you out, then steal your guns and shoot your ass.

• Found teh haxors and killed he.

• why are you using an m4? semi auto rifles are so much better. also i doubt that belongs to a hacker, that ammo has probably been hacked eons ago and was circulating ever since. the game in its current state is very hard to hack

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.