[ZS] Make notices more noticable

• Before, notices would come from both sides of the screen, be red, large, and would move, making them very noticeable. Now they’re static, white, and just barely big enough to be read. In fact, chat messages are more noticable. At the very least, bring back their color and movement.

• Before, notices would come from both sides of the screen, be red, large, and would move, making them very noticeable. Now they’re static, white, and just barely big enough to be read. In fact, chat messages are more noticable. At the very least, bring back their color and movement.

• This might work for the hint popups too and may help cut down on people asking how to do certain things.

• There’s no reason why the font should be smaller than huge. It also fades in and out, I’d rather it blinked a couple times so that I’d NOTICE it.

• It would probably be more noticeable if it had a back-and-forth color transition from white to red to catch the player’s attention, especially on bright maps.

• I’ve always paid attention to the zsmessages, but a majority don’t, probably due to them being small.
    It would also be great if messages containing keywords “n seconds” would start a countdown and remain on the player’s screen until it reaches 0.

• It would be nice to be able to set their colour, size and even positioning so on objective maps you could have a list of things to do.

• Must say I had problems noticing those at start, too.

They need to be at least at the very crosshair or something. Or have a background overlay + larger font to it so it’s noticeable.
    But that’s how I see it any way.

• Game Admins

@Box:

It would also be great if messages containing keywords “n seconds” would start a countdown and remain on the player’s screen until it reaches 0.

Can already be done with logic in another part of the HUD.

@Pufulet:

It would be nice to be able to set their colour.

The entity to display messages should support the markup library.

• I miss the messages fairly often, I was wondering if it was just me.
    Its easier to miss on a moving screen.

• @Benjy:

The entity to display messages should support the markup library.

The markup library doesn’t work anymore with the new zsmessages. JetBoom said it somewhere some time ago. If you have markup tags in a message, it just appears as regular white text.

I think what Box might be getting at with the countdown is this:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83629720/ze_TESV_Skyrim_v4fix 2014-1-27 04-58-19.webm

I posted this in the ZE overhaul thread. It’s much more noticeable than zsmessages, it might not be ideal for regular zombie survival or objective maps but it’s terrific for ZE maps.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.