Zs_fearhouse_v3_fix

• A fairly bad map as far as maps go which I made ages ago and persists on the server today. I decided today I’d fix some stupid issues/errors with it that have long been there. If it’s been there for so long, it’s obviously going to be at least valid until the sigil update comes around. I suspect the sigil update will invalidate it due to it’s semi-linearish nature as a map.

Fixed:

• Tweaked props a little.

• Applied lubricant to door hinges.

• Contrary to popular belief, the missing ground was actually a texture error. Fixed.

• More nodraws/func_details

• Adjust clipping issues a bit.

• Fireplace doesn’t look as dumb now.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8255941/Garry%27s%20Mod/zs_fearhouse_v3_fix.bsp

• A fairly bad map as far as maps go which I made ages ago and persists on the server today. I decided today I’d fix some stupid issues/errors with it that have long been there. If it’s been there for so long, it’s obviously going to be at least valid until the sigil update comes around. I suspect the sigil update will invalidate it due to it’s semi-linearish nature as a map.

Fixed:

• Tweaked props a little.

• Applied lubricant to door hinges.

• Contrary to popular belief, the missing ground was actually a texture error. Fixed.

• More nodraws/func_details

• Adjust clipping issues a bit.

• Fireplace doesn’t look as dumb now.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8255941/Garry%27s%20Mod/zs_fearhouse_v3_fix.bsp

• You could’ve done something about the basement being just a long hallway with a single doorway or the fact that normal zombies can only breach through one doorway as well.

• Absolutely, that’s not what this map fix is about though.

However, is the basement really that bad the winrate is inflated beyond the average? I could still make some changes to the map now that I have reacquired the vmf.

• Just so you know, all ladder-based entities are destroyed when you decompile a map. At the moment those who go into the basement are trapped in there unless they build a prop ladder, the actual ladder doesn’t do anything.

• Ok, all things considered people actually want more tweaks to this map and there’s more fixes to be made, so I am going to attempt a v4 at the weekend. Fix the dumb ladder and tidy up the map more. In addition I will probably increase the size of the windows and improve their positioning, maybe make it so the fast zombie entrance isn’t so easily cadeable.

• Fast zombies need to be able to get to the roof easier. Make something they can climb up to the top with.

• Progress on v4: nearly done

Fast zombies can get onto the roof fairly easily right now in v3_fix, but v4 has a fairly large change that makes it quite easy to get up if you somehow can’t jump 2 levels.

v4 is nearly done. 55% winrate is absolutely insane, so I’ve basically put a huge nerf into the map which includes adding some area to the left side of the house which accommodates an outhouse/storehouse, which is effectively a 2nd entrance. This room links into the kitchen, and it does have a few props for use.

Also the basement ladder is fixed, sprinkled a few props which are outside now, there’s a burnt truck at the zombie spawn providing them with a bit of cover. Hopefully this should be enough to bring it to an acceptable level. The fact the left side of house is open also adds 2 new windows that require cading. May tweak it some more, maybe add a way in Wave 4 for regular zombies to get to the roof.

All this for a silly map I made in 2009

• Add more normal zombie entrances since there’s only one, and reason to not cade the long hallway basement.

• could you make a vent in basement?

• Add more normal zombie entrances since there’s only one

Already added.

could you make a vent in basement?

and reason to not cade the long hallway basement.

Working on it. Going to attempt to make it somewhat still viable, however.

• While you guys are discussing the matter of vents in this map, please be sure to design the vent so that it doesn’t become an unbeatable ventcade like in zs_bunkers or de_lost. Players would constantly bring small props inside the vent while barricading the vent’s corner and keeping zombies out with an impassable wall of bullets leading to constant victories.

• v4 done, I think. Tested in GMod, ZS ents seem to be working fine.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8255941/Garry%27s%20Mod/zs_fearhouse_v4.bsp

I strongly suggest this gets on as soon as possible due the 55% winrate of v3_fix.

Changelog:

• Added a second entrance into the house from the left side of the map, leads into a garage/fuel/washer style room which is linked to the kitchen.
    • As a result of the left side expansion, 2 windows are now viable to enter.
    • The fast zombie entrance room starts unlocked now to humans.
    • Prop adjustment and tweaks. Some possible crafting chances now.
    • The roof of the new room might allow fast headcrabs/poison headcrabs to get into the fast zombie room now.
    • Basement door moved to the left, and has a large window in the room that can just about fit players/zombies through. It’s going to be more useful for headcrabs however, so you’ll also need to cade that window.
    • Ladder fixed.
    • Displacements rebuilt, they’re still pretty shitty.
    • Burning truck that blocks the zombie spawn, to help provide some cover to spawning zombies.
    • The front room has a small entrance into under the staircase, and the staircase bottom steps break. Big enough for headcrabs to fit through into the stair/basement room.
    • Fixed a gigantic conversion error that is present in v3_fix

going to avoid touching this map if this turns out fine. Hoping the winrate levels at about 5-15%.

• Nice work.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.