Dynamic spawning vs. Nest spawning

• Vote.

Don’t vote for the other option because you feel the distances or behavior is wrong. Vote which way you think should be final with the optimal behavior and distances sorted out.

To clarify:
    Nest spawning - Flesh Creeper class makes nests.
    Dynamic spawning - skull having red or green eyes depending on if you’re a valid spawn point.

• Vote.

Don’t vote for the other option because you feel the distances or behavior is wrong. Vote which way you think should be final with the optimal behavior and distances sorted out.

To clarify:
    Nest spawning - Flesh Creeper class makes nests.
    Dynamic spawning - skull having red or green eyes depending on if you’re a valid spawn point.

• Personally I prefer Nest spawning because eh, it just seems more logical. With Dynamic, you have Zombies just appearing out of thin air. With Nest, you have at least some logic.

• Spending some time to make a spawn then being able to join the fight is better than just standing there watching your team mates flow out of you. Nests.

• I think both should be in place,
    The new nest spawning should be the primary method of spawning by being able to spawn closer to the humans than the old dynamic spawning.

Dynamic spawning should remain as a backup, allowing zombies to still spawn the old way at significantly reduced efficiency than nesting.

• There needs to be more of an incentive to build nests than just the increased chance of making humans loose. Changing classes, moving to the target location, then building a nest requires a significant time investment, which is time you could of spent killing humans.

• Normal dynamic spawning isn’t reliable since you can’t pick a person to spawn on and stick with them. It likes to change which player to spawn on.

• I like the nest spawn system, because then we can get all/most of the zombies to focus on targeting a cade.

• @Velox:

There needs to be more of an incentive to build nests

How about every zombie that spawns from your nest counts as X damage towards being selected as boss zombie.
    Or getting extra health when you respawn for every zombie that has spawned from your nest since last time you spawned.

• Or you get a portion of all damage done by zombies who spawned from your nest in the last x seconds. There’d need to be some sort of randomization between nests that are equally good spawn points to prevent a single person getting points from 30 other zombies because their nest was half an inch closer than the other ones.

• @Box:

I like the nest spawn system, because then we can get all/most of the zombies to focus on targeting a cade.

This. It also reduces the amount of bad spawn points that we get from people going afk, etc.

• The incentive is that zombies want to make the humans lose.

• You can either
    1)Be selfish and get brains + silver by ignoring the need for a nest and attacking the barricade
    2)Be a greater hindrance the human team by setting up a nest, which results in no brain, silver, or damage rewards for you.

Good players who want to redeem would go for #1 every time, and those who care about silver or becoming a boss will also go for #1. The only time people would go for #2 is when they simply want to see the human team loose, or change the map faster.

• I don’t think anyone would think that way, they’d make a nest to be useful.

• You make a nest so you can spawn closer yourself.

• @Velox:

1)Be selfish and get brains + silver by ignoring the need for a nest and attacking the barricade

Unless it’s something like cabin, there are some maps where the distance between the zspawn and the cade makes walking to the cade considerably time consuming without a nest.
    @Velox:

Good players who want to redeem would go for #1 every time.

You would make a nest so you can go at the cade faster and redeem sooner and when you redeem, you can destroy the nest as you go past it. It only takes like what, 5 shots from a peashooter to destroy a nest?

• But you’re still better off waiting for someone else to make a nest unless the barricade is completely locked down with a bullet wall.

• @Velox:

Changing classes, moving to the target location, then building a nest requires a significant time investment, which is time you could of spent killing humans.

Standing in one location for an entire round to spawn zombies close to the humans requires a significant time investment.

• I never said the old system was better.

• Banned

@PureJeenyus:

Standing in one location for an entire round to spawn zombies close to the humans requires a significant time investment.

To be honest I find this much more fun than walking to the cade and then dying. Atleast I can enjoy the chat while standing still.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.