Fun Events

• When is the last time we’ve done a major fun event?

And no I’m not talking about spawning a bunch of woodies, or turning everyone into rabid monkeys, giving everyone guns and deathmatching eachother, or spawning wish granters, or literally any of the lazy admin interventions that have recently become prevalent.

Bonebeard Raids. Great Banana Temples. DeathSquad vs. Elite Syndies. Hell, even AuroraDawn’s 2spooky events were fun, they made things interesting at the least.

What happened to that shit?

• When is the last time we’ve done a major fun event?

And no I’m not talking about spawning a bunch of woodies, or turning everyone into rabid monkeys, giving everyone guns and deathmatching eachother, or spawning wish granters, or literally any of the lazy admin interventions that have recently become prevalent.

Bonebeard Raids. Great Banana Temples. DeathSquad vs. Elite Syndies. Hell, even AuroraDawn’s 2spooky events were fun, they made things interesting at the least.

What happened to that shit?

• DDOSes and player drops happened. How the fuck do you expect us to do all that shit when we only have 10~ players on regularly?

• lol the admins banned everyone

• Generally you dont get players unless you already have players, or are actively doing something to get them to join. NoX was able to sit at the top where everyone could see it until it was ddos’ed to shit and half the admins and other guys who made it fun lost interest. now we have shitty hardcore rp/faked playercount servers or 24/7 alien/wizard round servers sitting at the top.

• Administrators

@Carnage752:

And no I’m not talking about spawning a bunch of woodies

Pretty sure we told our admins not to do that like ever.

• I sometimes do special events during low-pop times if I’m up to it, but managing ‘cooperative quest mode’ is extremely difficult with anything more than 10 people

Last time I did it though it was great until a couple other admins popped on and started spawning hostile mobs everywhere to ruin it for luls and I left after all the effort I put in for it.

• @Zetanor:

Pretty sure we told our admins not to do that like ever.

Then why the fuck is Namg still an admin?

@CobyB:

DDOSes and player drops happened. How the fuck do you expect us to do all that shit when we only have 10~ players on regularly?

You could use your great imaginations and think up new events. You don’t have to copy your predecessors all the time. Be original. It isn’t that hard. Also player count is regularly 15 players and up, with a high of currently 32 players. That isn’t difficult to work with.

• @Carnage752:

That isn’t difficult to work with.

considering the nox player base, it certainly can be at times.  :wacko:

sorta tricky to make a good event that won’t be completely screwed up by one lone idiot

I should also point out that its actually more up to the players to make their own game fun than it is the admins, we’re just sorta here to make things go smoother, and sometimes do events if things are already smooth.

• The admins aren’t your personal entertainment corps.

• @LoneSoldier55:

The admins aren’t your personal entertainment corps.

You have to be really fucking ignorant if that is all you gathered from the thread.

Oh wait you are.

• The admins are already trying to prevent the round from going to shit via people trying to ruin the round, it’s difficult for them under the circumstances to create and especially managed balanced, fun events that DON’T wreck the station in half and end up needing a world restart.

Make your own events or gimmiks as a player, I promise it can be fun.

• The admins could handle “fun” events with a 60 player base all the time before. You are telling me they are too overwhelmed by our whopping 15 player standard to do something remotely entertaining?

The playerbase already has plenty of fun gimmicks going on, but it clearly isn’t satisfying if our standard is 15 players, 50% of which are dedicated griffers most of the time.

There is literally minimal effort being put into making the station more enjoyable anymore by most of the admins, the dedicated players are the only people trying to make the station playable, and they are a small minority to the amount of regular, shitstain players. It probably would have been better if Jetboom killed the server 3 months ago.

• I’d love you to share your amazing event ideas for under 15 people, carnage.

Go on, I’m listening.

• DnD, 2spooky, superhero duel, gang wars, nations, autism fortresses, bonebeard raids, banana temples, etc.

• There is some truth to some of what he is saying, but events should be made because you wanted to. Not because its a chore. I love doing events or making stupid looking sprites. Most of what I do is pretty small scale though.

Also I have not seen anyone spawn a bunch of woodies in quite some time.

• It’s usually Namg. I have no idea how he is still admin Unless Namg Money

• @Carnage752:

DnD, 2spooky, superhero duel, gang wars, nations, autism fortresses, bonebeard raids, banana temples, etc.

DnD is boring, deleting the lights on the station and playing Midi’s isn’t scary, two players spamming stun weapons or abilities at each other until they die isn’t interesting, getting organized groups of people to fight each other under a set standard of rules never works out because people want to do their own shit, nations has been proven, time and again, to be a horrible shitfest of greifing, autism fortresses can be built by yourself, raids are only fun for those doing the raiding, and banana temples are just stupid admin spawned gimmicks.

Not to mention most of these require more than 15 people.

Edit: Also Namg was spawning himself as a woody dolly and got wrecked by pulse destroyers. Then he made himself the gibs model and unkillable and started trying to kill everyone. At least I can assume it was Namg.

• @LoneSoldier55:

deleting the lights on the station and playing Midi’s isn’t scary

that wasn’t what spooky station was.
    it was a series of increasingly horrible things happening to the station until somebody calls the shuttle. objective is to survive.
    think of it as meteors without the meteors.(or, hell, there might even be meteors if they wanted)

• @Dudeinyourbackyard:

that wasn’t what spooky station was.
    it was a series of increasingly horrible things happening to the station until somebody calls the shuttle. objective is to survive.
    think of it as meteors without the meteors.(or, hell, there might even be meteors if they wanted)

I think he was talking about that one event where one of the admins turned themselves into some unkillable character that insta-kills people if they stand next to him for 5 seconds, and replaced all the walls/tiles with a dark static while playing ghost sound midis, oh also all the electronics/lights get turned off. I think he was referring to spook station 13 when he said “two players spamming stun weapons or abilities at each other until they die isn’t interesting”.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.