Post your: Prebuilt bases for build maps

• Administrators

We’re adding prebuilt bases to all build maps which don’t have any to start. These are not designed to replace building. They will be there to be an outline or shelter for teams so they have some respite during the start of the round. Having a build time is a bandage patch because of blast wall bases as well as teams without any good (or any) builders.

To make one:

• Load the map up in sandbox.

• Use physics props to create the bases (just freeze the props). If you don’t set a material or color the gamemode will assign them based on how close they are to the team’s flag stand. Remember, any props you use will be invulnerable.
      • Spawn points can be overridden (I suggest doing this anyway so you don’t build on top of the existing ones). Use the hopper mine model to signify a spawn point. The gamemode will know which team to use. Put spawn points in areas that force players to walk a bit instead of letting them spawn directly near the flag stand.
      • Obelisks can be overriden (deletes any in the map already). Use “models/props_junk/rock001a.mdl” for this.
      • Flag spawn can be overriden. Use the rollermine model to signify the flag spawn. Team assignment is automatic.
      • I really suggest using the duplicator to mirror bases (make one base then dupe it to the other side, recolor it if needed).
      • Make a save game.
      • Post the save game here with an image or two overviewing your save.

Multiple saves can be used (they will be picked randomly on map load).

You don’t have to make impenetrable fortresses. Think about the no build maps we have and the bases in them. Also feel free to make neutral bases or structures of some sort. Use your imagination.

• Administrators

We’re adding prebuilt bases to all build maps which don’t have any to start. These are not designed to replace building. They will be there to be an outline or shelter for teams so they have some respite during the start of the round. Having a build time is a bandage patch because of blast wall bases as well as teams without any good (or any) builders.

To make one:

• Load the map up in sandbox.

• Use physics props to create the bases (just freeze the props). If you don’t set a material or color the gamemode will assign them based on how close they are to the team’s flag stand. Remember, any props you use will be invulnerable.
      • Spawn points can be overridden (I suggest doing this anyway so you don’t build on top of the existing ones). Use the hopper mine model to signify a spawn point. The gamemode will know which team to use. Put spawn points in areas that force players to walk a bit instead of letting them spawn directly near the flag stand.
      • Obelisks can be overriden (deletes any in the map already). Use “models/props_junk/rock001a.mdl” for this.
      • Flag spawn can be overriden. Use the rollermine model to signify the flag spawn. Team assignment is automatic.
      • I really suggest using the duplicator to mirror bases (make one base then dupe it to the other side, recolor it if needed).
      • Make a save game.
      • Post the save game here with an image or two overviewing your save.

Multiple saves can be used (they will be picked randomly on map load).

You don’t have to make impenetrable fortresses. Think about the no build maps we have and the bases in them. Also feel free to make neutral bases or structures of some sort. Use your imagination.

• Game Admins

Here’s a base Scott and I made on 4 Towers.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9483pldh24nu9jh/noxctf_4towers+2013-11-29+20-11-21.rar

• Does this support deployables? If not, you could have them destroyable, with a ghost that won’t fall below 1 health that appears where it was destroyed. I can only see this being used for jump pads and teleporters though.

• Administrators

Only props.

• Administrators

In case you didn’t realize: you don’t need to use props that the gamemode is limited to.

• Can we use this to make profiles for gm_ maps we think would be teamplay worthy?

for example: gm_bigisland no space for air vehicles, nevermind

• Is this idea still being carried out? I honestly don’t think it’s that required, just get 1 or 2 teammates to defend the crafter while you finish up the necessary defenses and the rest attack/prevent defenses from being set up. The last thing I’d want as a spellcaster is to deal with indestructable props that are part of the map hiding magus shields and a whole base when there’s only one entrance to attempt to destroy the base

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.