Map

• So what are the plans about the map we are using?

Switch back to the “old” or continue with the current one?
    I personally would prefer the old one, but if we are going to stick with the current one I think it would need some fixes all around.
    I don’t really have any experience with editing maps for ss13 but on a quick glance it didn’t look that hard.
    So unless anyone else would want to do it I could try to make couple fixes.

Currently there still seems to be quite a few blindspots on camera coverage outside of maintenances. (ie. robotic/botany air consoles, external escape doors, supply & engineering storages, interrogation)
    Also, I personally think that all the area atmos closets should have camera in them.
    Not to mention that armory could be a bit harder to rob from space.

Also it takes literally less than 10 seconds to modify 1 disposal unit to send you in captains quarters.
    Not to mention some of the vents/scruppers dont even seem to be connected properly to the atmos loop. (tech storage at least)

EDIT: Toxins mixing room has bad camera coverage, and seems to be missing local atmos console. Surgery observation has bad camera coverage as well, and soemthign is odd with atmos around there.

• So what are the plans about the map we are using?

Switch back to the “old” or continue with the current one?
    I personally would prefer the old one, but if we are going to stick with the current one I think it would need some fixes all around.
    I don’t really have any experience with editing maps for ss13 but on a quick glance it didn’t look that hard.
    So unless anyone else would want to do it I could try to make couple fixes.

Currently there still seems to be quite a few blindspots on camera coverage outside of maintenances. (ie. robotic/botany air consoles, external escape doors, supply & engineering storages, interrogation)
    Also, I personally think that all the area atmos closets should have camera in them.
    Not to mention that armory could be a bit harder to rob from space.

Also it takes literally less than 10 seconds to modify 1 disposal unit to send you in captains quarters.
    Not to mention some of the vents/scruppers dont even seem to be connected properly to the atmos loop. (tech storage at least)

EDIT: Toxins mixing room has bad camera coverage, and seems to be missing local atmos console. Surgery observation has bad camera coverage as well, and soemthign is odd with atmos around there.

• Theater door isn’t covered by camera either.

• Oh yeah, I recall theater does not have proper atmos systems in it either.

Also too much windows that you cant see thru, and shutters that give people and useless shutters that make it even easier for player so be shit and not even try to do their job.

• Toxins does have an air alarm, though it’s hidden under a status display.

• mapping ss13 isnt innately hard but its pretty easy to fuck up everything if you don’t know what you’re doing

(breaking smooth movement)

actually I’m going to see if I can’t make a fix for that, it’ll make mapping rediculously easy even for retards.

• i don’t think that’s (easily) possible since the whole step_x problem comes from byond implementing a new method of movement that ss13 doesn’t support.

• Yeah I was just dicking about and even if I force everything to use the proper variable for animated movement sadly it still hops around because it gives no fucks.

I guess there might be a way to do it by forcing global variables in combination with that but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

its easier to just have people not be retards when mapping

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.