The Universe Project

• There’s this game in development called the Universe Project, looks cool but very ambitious.

http://startonate.appspot.com/

discuss!

• There’s this game in development called the Universe Project, looks cool but very ambitious.

http://startonate.appspot.com/

discuss!

• I have been following their occasional-rare dev blog a while, if it’s even possible to call it that. They’re(he’s) making a 2d version first, a “proof of consept”, which means stalling it until the technology avilable to do this right exist.
    I’m actually surprised no-one have attempted to do this in a minecraft spin-off yet.

• They have, and this is a concept that practically every gamer has thought about.

I will be giving no attention to the people who wish to arouse me into funding using pseudo-creative typographic animation and stick men concept art.

• Administrators

If you want to post a referral link also provide a referer-less alternative.

Also Second Life.

• I apologize for that referral link, I had it in my clipboard when I was sending it to some friends, I thought I had posted the refer-less link, I’ll check next time.

I understand why you’d link it with Second Life, though I feel like this is a lot different as you must build your own weapons, houses, learn new technology, and when technology is at it’s best you can build things like rockets to go to different planets.

At least, that’s what the concept video said that’s what he wants  to put in the game.

• Taking bets
    Scale of ambitions put forth into a video game concept versus End product

• The game sounds boring, because if it is as free as they claim then it will be as grief-able as EVE Online or more.

• “If you, in real life, were suddenly dropped on a bare Earth that no human has ever touched, what would you do? Your answer would likely be exactly what you would do in the Universe Project.”

Actually, considering the actions of most people in any open game, it would involve a lot more stupid shit, simply because they won’t be able to simulate consequences. There’s no pain, no permanent death, nothing. The only reason you satisfy needs in a game is because that is an objective. Otherwise, you probably don’t care.

• the guy is just gonna run away to another country with the kickstarter money, kind of like starbound devs

• @jh2.0:

the guy is just gonna run away to another country with the kickstarter money, kind of like starbound devs

?
    The starbound devs are constantly updating their roadmap and adding daily updates with pictures of the game as it’s being made.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.