2013 Anime recap

• Administrators

With only two and a half months left before 2014, I figured we could start discussing shit wonderful chinese cartoons we’ve enjoyed over this year. Here’s my personal recommendation to get this party started.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8787 Subtitles for the last 4 episodes aren’t out yet but by the time you reach those they probably will be.

• Administrators

With only two and a half months left before 2014, I figured we could start discussing shit wonderful chinese cartoons we’ve enjoyed over this year. Here’s my personal recommendation to get this party started.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8787 Subtitles for the last 4 episodes aren’t out yet but by the time you reach those they probably will be.

• Administrators

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9466

I am satan and must work at mgronalds.

• Attack on Titan and Jojo were both really, really great.  Not like anybody didn’t know already.

Also, Kill la Kill has tons of potential.

• kill la kill already won anime of the decade

• Does anybody watch ‘Free!’ ?  The last time the friend of mine who recommended it told me an anime had a great story and I should watch it, he was talking about Attack on Titan, but about five minutes into the first episode I felt dirty and had to stop.  Is it actually worth getting into?  Kind of looked like Shoujo sugoi BL.

• @Nukkun:

Does anybody watch ‘Free!’ ?  The last time the friend of mine who recommended it told me an anime had a great story and I should watch it, he was talking about Attack on Titan, but about five minutes into the first episode I felt dirty and had to stop.  Is it actually worth getting into?  Kind of looked like Shoujo sugoi BL.

Are you talking about Free! or Attack on Titan?

• On a related note to anime from Studio Trigger, I thought the Inferno Cop shorts they did near the beginning of the year were pretty good too. Its plot can get a bit goofy, but it’s enjoyable nevertheless.

• @Humin:

Are you talking about Free! or Attack on Titan?

Free! has a lot of shirtless boys holding hands.  Attack on Titan I’ve been following really closely.  I’d even spoil the anime by reading the manga if it wasn’t translated like this.

• Maoyu was good.
    Oreimo S2 was kawaii.
    Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS for loliball.
    Neptunia was good too.

Otherwise there was nothing else all that interesting.

@Nukkun:

Attack on Titan I’ve been following really closely.

I guess weed is the only thing that could actually make AoT bearable.

• I’ve been so far behind that I ended up only watching 2 series (BDs keep releasing 4 months after they air). I enjoy Kill la Kill immensely but dropped Attack on Titan after that ridiculous 3 episode boulder thing.

I’m looking forward to watching that Index movie and Kyokai no Kanata. Also, it looks like Strike Witches is getting both a new OVA and spin-off series.

• @flickenmaste:

Neptunia was good too.

@flickenmaste:

I guess weed is the only thing that could actually make AoT bearable.

I don’t understand.

• @flickenmaste:

Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS for loliball.

Don’t forget spats. Edit: And these http://puu.sh/4R6dC.png

As for me, I didn’t really see much this year. What I did see though were: Gargantia, Yuyushiki, Ro Kyu Bu SS and a little bit of Railgun S. I liked Gargantia quite a bit for Melty the plot. Yuyushiki is your typical slice of life so it’s nothing really special unless you like that stuff. RKB is best of the year.

I’m still deciding on what to watch this season if anything at all.

• @drbroly:

I don’t understand.

It’s really simple.

Neptunia:

Attack on Titan:

• No characters worthy of pillows in AoT.

• This is the year I started waiting for shows to stop airing before I start watching them, but now I’m watching a really small amount of anime and throwing wayyy too much onto my backlog. My average is about a show every two months now. Also its worrying because I might miss some of the less popular, but stlll great shows. I’m probably just gonna move back to my old habit of watching shows as they air again. I’ve watched the first episode of Kyousogiga / Capital Craze. Reminds me of Mawaru Penguindrum in the sense that I dont know what the hell is going on. I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

• @Nukkun:

Free! has a lot of shirtless boys holding hands.  Attack on Titan I’ve been following really closely.  I’d even spoil the anime by reading the manga if it wasn’t translated like this.

I can’t wait for all the new yaoi of Free!.

• Administrators

@Nukkun:

crunchyroll and gg started translating manga?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.