Feedback for dynamic spawn replacement

• Dynamic spawning has been completely reworked. Zombies can use the Infected Creeper class to build infected nests. Hold right click to build. You must remain in the same location for 30 seconds. Humans can destroy these quite easily. Restrictions on location include: must be on solid ground, must be away from zombie spawns, must be a certain distance away from other nests.

I’ve thought about making it so people can make these almost anywhere they want. I’m not sure if it should be a class or just something any zombie can do. Is it even a good idea? It would certainly fix a lot of issues and give humans a way to stop zombies spawning too fast.

• Dynamic spawning has been completely reworked. Zombies can use the Infected Creeper class to build infected nests. Hold right click to build. You must remain in the same location for 30 seconds. Humans can destroy these quite easily. Restrictions on location include: must be on solid ground, must be away from zombie spawns, must be a certain distance away from other nests.

I’ve thought about making it so people can make these almost anywhere they want. I’m not sure if it should be a class or just something any zombie can do. Is it even a good idea? It would certainly fix a lot of issues and give humans a way to stop zombies spawning too fast.

• The nests closest to humans would become the main spawn points I guess? Would you be able to scroll through the nests to choose which one to spawn on? Could you end up creating nests right next to humans? I like the idea of it.

• I probably won’t let you make it immediately near humans. Otherwise it would work the way it does now. It will allow you to cycle between them but suggests the closest one.

• I’d prefer this a lot more, though what else will the creeper class have and when will it unlock? I’d have to assume it unlocks on wave 3 or so, since wave 1/2 are pretty short and most humans would just go outside and destroy them since most of the zombies are dead, and if there’s and left they’re probably headcrabs.

• Probably wave 1 or 2. It would just have basic attacks. Maybe it can throw a gib every so often.

• What model would it be? And what would a nest look like?

• Probably bloody antlion guard with half model scale. Not very many models left :X

I honestly don’t want it to be called or look like a nest because this is supposed to be zombie survival, not monster/bug survival. But right now I think it would have to be a reskinned antlion mound. If people have suggestions for something then be my guest. I was also thinking a door to the underworld.

• Something related to a grave stone with a dirt mound that’s easily distinguishable with the other gravestone models maybe? There could be an evil effect coming out of it. The zombie model could be another merge maybe normal zombie animation with fast zombie…

• An option (press e) for the creator of the nest to control classes spawning out of the nest could be useful too (all, specific or combination).
    It can get really interesting if there was an army of zombies using one singular class - headcrab.
    or a combination, poison headcrab and poison zombie.

• @JetBoom:

If people have suggestions for something then be my guest. I was also thinking a door to the underworld.

How about a pile of corpses?
    And have the zombies start in a prone position, from where they will automatically stand up so it will look like they are getting up from the corpse pile.

It would be pretty easy to just toss couple ragdolls in top of each other, freeze all of them and make them nocollide everything and start dishing them out as zombie nests.
    Even tho I guess it would be a lot better if it was actually 1 solid model instead.

Also, haven’t seen these yet, but I think these nests should have small cloud of green mist around them. Just to make them more noticeable to humans, and to allow zombies go back for heals.

• @Pyko:

And have the zombies start in a prone position, from where they will automatically stand up so it will look like they are getting up from the corpse pile.

That actually sounds like a good idea for it.

• Can’t charple be used since I thought fast zombie replaced it for Nightmare?

• @CMasta:

Can’t charple be used since I thought fast zombie replaced it for Nightmare?

Charple was fixed ages ago.

• Isn’t there a bloody ragdoll that has its arms and legs missing? Why not use that model and make it low to the ground. Easy to tell the difference since it’d be the only class that low to the ground.

• Actually a pile of corpses and graves would be fitting.

• There ought to be some sort of limitation to the number of them as well. If the entire team is this new class it won’t serve very well for the zombie team itself.

Also, zombies recently deployed from this spawnpoint should allow the player who placed it to get assists off of player kills. That is, make it so there’s some sort of chance at redemption by doing your job very well instead of having to kill players with the weakest combative class.

• How about giving the pile of corpse/gravestone as a placeable item to the boss zombie, like the arsenal crate. The boss zombie would have to stand still while its being placed, for whatever seconds. Additionally, multiple gravestones could be placed near each other to give zombies who spawn from it a buff. The boss zombies could choose to either place them near each other to use the buff, or spread them out to attack different entrances. This would give the humans a reason to consider multiple entrance barricades instead of always going to the same one doorway spot.

The gravestones would have moderate amount of health, and should require more than a couple of people to destroy. Destroyed graves could drop a few random loot that belong to the dead owner. Stemming from the escape door idea you had a while back, perhaps each gravestones remaining at the end of wave 6 would extend the round by 30 seconds, and each gravestones still remaining after the overtime would reduce the silver bonus given to the humans, encouraging them to come out.

The current dynamic spawn should remain as a backup, with slightly increased respawn delay or distance from humans.

Alternatively, if your map profiler you mentioned is still running, you could have it profile where the zombies are dying relative to where humans are, and place the corpse pile/spawn/grave accordingly.

Corpse pile would fit better for most environments aesthetically, if someone could create a nice looking pile model. It doesn’t seem right to make a class dedicated to just spawning zombies.

• Zombies that use the corpse/grave/whatever to spawn should get some sort of HP bonus that increases depending on the current wave.

• You could give buffs to the nest builder based on the number of zombies spawning from it as an incentive to use them constructively, or if you wanted to make them more of a support class you could give them other abilities like building structures that release zombie gas or barriers that zombies can move and attack through but stop humans and break after a few shots.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.