Zs_obj_citadelescape (W.I.P.)

• Hello!

I am a moderately new-moderate mapper, and currently working on an obj map for the Zombie Survival Gamemode.

This map is currently my big focus, I have abandoned many of my dead projects and have focus-fired this one. Images will be applied once I find a good application to take a picture without it either being a scam site or just not what I need.

Alright, i’ll be off now!

• Hello!

I am a moderately new-moderate mapper, and currently working on an obj map for the Zombie Survival Gamemode.

This map is currently my big focus, I have abandoned many of my dead projects and have focus-fired this one. Images will be applied once I find a good application to take a picture without it either being a scam site or just not what I need.

Alright, i’ll be off now!

• @badhamknibbs:

I was going to add some pendulum music in just to add immersion, but I thought it might spark off a thing or 2 if I include it. Will it be okay?

Do not have D&B as ambiance in your map.

• @Nukkun:

Do not have D&B as ambiance in your map.

Ah. okay, i’ll cross that off.

• @badhamknibbs:

Q2: Default or ZS text?

I know, odd question, but between them, which would be better to use for say, an explosion happening, and then text coming on-screen saying “RUN!”

Q3: How to test?

Another odd question, but whenever I try and run my map it always starts in HL2. Any way to make it go onto garrysmod, and better, ZS?

(more Q’s will be added later when I remember what they were)

ZS text fits the gamemode better in my opinion but it doesn’t really matter whether it’s HL2 text or ZS text. Just whatever fits right with the theme of the map.

If you want to, you can create a GMod map configuration that places compiled maps into your garrysmod/maps folder. I assume that you have the zombiesurvival.fgd file and the garrysmod.fgd file already in HL2, so just make a Hammer configuration that puts maps into the GMod folder. For running the compiled map in the ZS gamemode, I’m not exactly sure if you can launch GMod with a certain gamemode. I’m not sure if there is a way or not to automatically start Gmod with the zombiesurvival gamemode, but for now you can just switch the gamemode from sandbox to zombiesurvival when playing.

Hope this helps. Go ahead and ask away your questions, since I’m also trying to move to objective maps(Box).

• @Deathfire54:

ZS text fits the gamemode better in my opinion but it doesn’t really matter whether it’s HL2 text or ZS text. Just whatever fits right with the theme of the map.

If you want to, you can create a GMod map configuration that places compiled maps into your garrysmod/maps folder. I assume that you have the zombiesurvival.fgd file and the garrysmod.fgd file already in HL2, so just make a Hammer configuration that puts maps into the GMod folder. For running the compiled map in the ZS gamemode, I’m not exactly sure if you can launch GMod with a certain gamemode. I’m not sure if there is a way or not to automatically start Gmod with the zombiesurvival gamemode, but for now you can just switch the gamemode from sandbox to zombiesurvival when playing.

Hope this helps. Go ahead and ask away your questions, since I’m also trying to move to objective maps(Box).

I, for the most part, understood that, thanks. I just don’t really know how to configure the directory.

• Game Admins

Download, read and use the ZS FGD found here. These entities will help you with what you want to achieve.

When you say game start, do you mean first wave? If so then you’ll want to use the logic_waves entity found in the FGD, it has an output called OnWaveStart which will trigger any target at that point. Otherwise, you would use the logic_auto entity with the OnMapSpawn output after some arbitrary delay.

• Anyone know how to contact frisky? He said he’d help people through mapmaking, that would be extremely helpful to me right now.

• I wish you good luck.  ;)

@Deathfire54:

…I’m also trying to move to objective maps(Box).

<3

• @Benjy:

Download, read and use the ZS FGD found here. These entities will help you with what you want to achieve.

When you say game start, do you mean first wave? If so then you’ll want to use the logic_waves entity found in the FGD, it has an output called OnWaveStart which will trigger any target at that point. Otherwise, you would use the logic_auto entity with the OnMapSpawn output after some arbitrary delay.

Thanks, helped me avoiding quite literally going onto some code to find out how long it takes.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.