Where to start if I want to play ss13?

• I tried the game before and it seem rather complicated. So to get start on playing am I suppose to spend hours reading the wiki on the UI?

Basically any tips on playing the game?

• I tried the game before and it seem rather complicated. So to get start on playing am I suppose to spend hours reading the wiki on the UI?

Basically any tips on playing the game?

• Don’t play on the NoX server to learn. You’re going to get blitzed by every thing and everyone.

Go to another server and play as a cargo technician. Follow the tg wiki guide on how to play as one (also as a quartermaster) and you should gain the knowledge to do basic hacking and menu navigation, whilst getting used to the fact you’ll always be someone’s bitch. You also get to order crates with items, so feel free to open it up and view the goods.

Reading wiki’s on job specific roles becomes a lot easier now, and you may also start figuring stuff out on your own.

More perks of being ct or qm include searching through the rubbish that people put in trash cans and finding a captains key card at a random point in the game.

• Read the basics on the wiki alteast. beginners guide stuff. Then just go play Assistant. As an Assistant you have no responsibilities, so you can roam around and learn at your own pace. Some people are even nice enough to teach you some specifics if you ask them ingame.

Set your occupation settings to Assistant only, then all your Antagonist setting to No. No point you being a traitor if you dont know how to play yet.

You can play on NoX just fine. But expect to be killed for no damn reason half the time.

• As elite said don’t start here unless your fine with fighting for your life every round although if your new you shouldn’t. Go to something more lax and if you can avoid super RP servers. Start as either Medical doctor and don’t smash people with your first aid kit, be a cargo tech as said above pretty easy and you figure shit out, Finally be a assistant but only to figure out the mechanics and or areas of the station.

• Which server is a newbie-friendly server?

• I started on Nox when it was full of people, I was good. Just to tell you its possible to start on Nox.

• http://www.ss13.eu/
    Start out here, it’s tgstation, they offer a semi-roleplay experience which captures the spirit of SS13 the best, in my opinion.
    Once you’re robust, that is, able to handle yourself well and feel confident in fighting and surviving, NoXStation is the where you should go.

• Please, just make sure you learn about the job before you do it.

I was a cargo tech for my second time on SS13, and I ended up shipping all the rubbish from disposals to Robotics. They just wanted a ripley circuit, not a cookbook and chips packet!

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.