[ZS] – "Push" action

• In ZS, if a large prop (i.e. large wardrobe, bed, blue shelf, washing machine, etc…) becomes too damaged to be nailed, it would be helpful in some circumstances for the prop to be held in place for a few more moments.
    This is where pushing comes in.
    How this function would work: when a large prop comes unnailed due to damage, if a human was standing directly behind the prop with the hammer in hand, he could press a key to unequip the weapon temporarially and put a shoulder to the prop, preventing it from moving and providing a small health buff to the prop. When the prop is destroyed, the human stumbles briefly (a 0.5 second period of inability to move/attack similar to blindness but without the visual effect).
    What do you think?

• In ZS, if a large prop (i.e. large wardrobe, bed, blue shelf, washing machine, etc…) becomes too damaged to be nailed, it would be helpful in some circumstances for the prop to be held in place for a few more moments.
    This is where pushing comes in.
    How this function would work: when a large prop comes unnailed due to damage, if a human was standing directly behind the prop with the hammer in hand, he could press a key to unequip the weapon temporarially and put a shoulder to the prop, preventing it from moving and providing a small health buff to the prop. When the prop is destroyed, the human stumbles briefly (a 0.5 second period of inability to move/attack similar to blindness but without the visual effect).
    What do you think?

• I would never use this.

• I would.

• @Nukkun:

I would never use this.

You wouldn’t, mostly because you use tiny props from junk packs to cade (which works perfectly well, so I have no problem with it).

• Something like this.

• It just seems like a good way to get killed.  A lot of the time, large props remain in place due to the other portions of the barricade around them.  In a barricade where there’s only a single large prop, why would you sacrifice yourself to make it last another three seconds?  If there is no fallback everyone is dead already  This would barely ever be useful, and would lead to people dying for no good reason.

• @Nukkun:

It just seems like a good way to get killed.  A lot of the time, large props remain in place due to the other portions of the barricade around them.  In a barricade where there’s only a single large prop, why would you sacrifice yourself to make it last another three seconds?  If there is no fallback everyone is dead already  This would barely ever be useful, and would lead to people dying for no good reason.

I have an alternate idea that Box inspired. Maybe it’s better.

@Box:

Something like this.

Exactly like that, actually. A modification to my first idea would be the ability to hold doors closed, the holder providing a significant (as in almost double the current health the door has, but only once, and only while the person is holding it) health buff to the door. This version of “push” would function much the same way that having a bar on a door would. The “stumble” would still be the same, however.

• Would it just only be able to be on person, or can others join in to stack up the buff? I’m thinking of a maximum of 2 people if the case is yes. As for the door holding, I think the double health buff is just a bit excessive, plus most people just want to break the doors in the first part anyways to serve as part of the barricade.

• MysticVirus please offer yourself the task of holding the door/prop, while we run to the backup cade, thanks.  :biggrin:

• @Box:

MysticVirus please offer yourself the task of holding the door/prop, while we run to the backup cade, thanks.  :biggrin:

Sure.

• could be useful if some noobizoid built the front cade and doesn’t remove it, it could give the pro-playing survivors time to build a decent cade without holding out until the end of a wave.

• I’d sacrifice myself in ZE to hold the door closed while everyone else runs.  :biggrin:

• @ManyStrongWords:

I’d sacrifice myself in ZE to hold the door closed while everyone else runs.  :biggrin:

…That makes you and me, pal.

• It would be a pretty wonky feature. However I am going to go ahead and make it so that humans can brace doors. If a human holds down z in front of a closed door then they brace the door (instead of ghosting). It can play the animation box suggested. Attacks on the door have their damage reduced by 2/3. Braced doors aren’t usable by zombies (but humans can still open it which stops the brace).

• If it is the same key as ghosting will it be usable in ZE?

• Looking forward to have this an update! <mossman face=grin>

• @ManyStrongWords:

If it is the same key as ghosting will it be usable in ZE?

Ghosting is disabled on ZE, since it has no use there.

• @Box:

Ghosting is disabled on ZE, since it has no use there.

Wouldn’t it have a use now on maps with doors?

• @ManyStrongWords:

Wouldn’t it have a use now on maps with doors?

Which ZE maps are affected?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.